Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 3106

Thread: Vincent Dizenzo Training Log

2-4-11 Friday
    ME Bench

Floor press, worked up to 475x3
    Dumbell tri ext from floor 65x15, 70x15
    Rope pushdowns 50 2x20, 40x20
    Bent over rear delt raises 50/60/70x6

Alright, I'm a little pissed about training. I had to hit a triple with percieved 85% max. My previous best floor press with straight weight was a long time ago with 555. I was also 20+lbs heavier. I was really hoping for a 495 which would be 85% of 585. I got a crappy lift off with 455 so I only went to 475x3. I got a different lift off and the weight felt much easier. I had room to spare. I wanted to go again, but Dave got pissed at me last time I missed, so I figured I'd just shut it down from there. All in all a good session. My elbows and shoulders feel a little banged up. I might hit a flush workout tomorrow.

Video
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 02-04-2011 at 10:33 PM.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

Still looked very strong Vincent.
    750/500/690 APF Elite @ 242

Bench Only - Multi Ply SPF - 600 @ 275 (251)

Bench Only - Single Ply USAPL - 501 @ 275 (255)

Bench Only - Single Ply SPF - 550 @ 259 (257)

Nothing to be pissed about, that floor press was still some heavy weight and looked strong!!! What did you do different with the lift off?
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hopper View Post
    Nothing to be pissed about, that floor press was still some heavy weight and looked strong!!! What did you do different with the lift off?
    I let a stronger guy lift off the 475. Heck, look at the size of Tee's forearms. To be fair, Karsten's first lift for me was the 455. Handing off for rack presses can be a bit akward. We always say at the gym, 65% of the lift is 83.5% liftoff.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

He did look pretty massive.
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page

Best geared meet @ 242

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

haha brother you could have probably hit 515 for a triple the way you moved that 475. My 3RM's are grinders at the end.

Probably was good for the elbows and shoulders though to take it easy though.

Rehab workouts are a must for me. Otherwise by the end of the week I'm done and feel like I have to take a week off.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Great work brother you got 495 in you the next time you do floor presses.
    Best Raw Squatter and Sponsored by the Best AtLarge Nutrition, Titan, and APT.

Thanks guys. Body feels pretty good right now. Maybe it all went down like it was supposed to.

2/6/11 Sunday
    Squat/DL

-Standing ab band pulldowns 3x10
    -Seated ssb gm's 3x12
    -SSB squats 115/155/295/335/385/425/475/515/565/605x3
    -Trap bar dl 315 2x10

Good session. Feeling strong. Everything is coming together as it should be. I have been sleeping a little less, but feeling no ill effects. I am definitely going to try and get to bed earlier. I feel best with 7 hours of sleep. I think my body and schedule has been off due to the amount of snow days we have had at school.

Tee Tee is the man when it comes to liftoffs (and everything else) but I heart Karsten liftoffs.

You are looking really good these days bro. Bench is coming along too.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

2/7/11/ Monday
    DE Bench

-DE bench 225 w/4 chains med grip 3x3, 245 w/4 chains and doubled min bands comp grip 3x3, 225 w/4 chains close grip 3x3
    -Dbl bench 125x13, 100x15 (funny story--kind of)
    -Flat bench rear delt raises 10 3x20
    -Plate raises 45 3x20
    -Lat pulldown reverse shrugs 180 2x5
    -Band pushdowns 10x10

I am feeling like complete ass lately. I don't know whether it's diet, sleep, a lack of conditioning, whatever. I am wrestless when I sleep and that never happens. I wanted to work out less than anything. DE was fine. I'm still keeping good control. I notice I am holding at the top for a bit before I start my first reps. I guess it's helping me settle. Either that or I don't want to start.

I get to the dbl bench and let me start with I never do dbl bench. Damn that Dave Tate for throwing it in. I have a powerblock set at my house that I got expanded up to 130 lbs. I figure that should be easy enough. So I work up to the 130's and damn those things got unwieldy. I don't know if you have ever used them, but the handles actually twist inside the contraption. What's also funny is that my hands barely fit inside the blocks. Now I get the 130's up and they start twisting in my hands. At the top of rep 12 they are falling sideways. The more serious problem is that my hands are pinned inside and I'm about to break both my wrists and tear my pecs at the same time. Ok, I was able to get them back to my chest without permanently damaging anything. Now, knowing the setup of these dumbells there is no way to toss them on the ground or they'll be broken forever. So, I proceed to try and do a 250 lb crunch. No go. I try about 3 more times to no avail. So I decide to take a 60 minute rest and evaluate my situation again. I figure if I tuck my toes underneath me, I might have a chance. Well, I was able to situp and place the dumbells on the ground. This was not a fun experience. After that I just set them to 100 for a nice controlled set of 15.

I did the rest of my work with minmal rest. I did not have the heart for 15-20 minutes of free time work I'm supposed to do. I just did 100 reps of band pushdowns and called it a night.

I'm glad to see you didn't get hurt.......but that is pretty funny.
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page

Best geared meet @ 242

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hopper View Post
    I'm glad to see you didn't get hurt.......but that is pretty funny.
    Billy Mimnaugh messaged me about it. I told him my theory was the blocks cost me over $500 whereas my insurance copay is only $20.

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    Billy Mimnaugh messaged me about it. I told him my theory was the blocks cost me over $500 whereas my insurance copay is only $20.
    I always tell Becky that it's better if I get hurt lifting than if I'm hurt at work because disability pays 100% of my salary and covers my insurance premium whereas worker's comp only pays 60% and I'd still have to pay my premiums.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

2-11-11 Friday
    ME Bench

Oh yeah, I did some back stuff on Wednesday. It was nothing notable.

Friday ME Bench

I hit 500x1 w/doubled minis off the 1 board, then I missed 525 with the bands!
    3 board thumb from smooth 410x5, 450x5 (very strict, no bouncing)
    Rope pushdowns 60 3x15
    Face pulls 70 3x15

I completely suck. I had no mojo. I just felt weak as crap. So, I'm trying to analyze some of this nonsense. First, I felt like crap most of the week. I think part of it was some diet issues. I was eating some food I don't normally. It was just out of convenience. Switched things up 2 days ago and I'm just starting to feel normal again. Also, my friggin back is tweaked from the stupid dumbell incident the other day. Lastly, looking back at my journal, I have not taken what I consider a true deload in over 6 weeks.

The thing is, there are clearly times I feel stronger than I ever have. That 675 rev band press thumbs from the smooth I hit a few weeks ago is a damn respectable lift in my opinion. I think the body of work has been done. I just need to get myself feeling good and keep my confidence.

I have more excuses than Belushi did in the tunnel scene of The Blues Brothers. Sometimes we just miss.

Vincent my man, sometimes you just have those kinda workouts. they just don't meet your expectations.

Here's my thing with 1brd raw training. I honestly find it more difficult than full range. Largely because it's just awkward to find the groove on a 1brd. Least for me.

So here's the deal, that's still about 590 at the top which is very solid. But I understand it not being what you wanted so just allow that to be used as extra focus for next week.

I didn't hit near what I wanted to on pin presses this week. I knew that if I hit a certain number I was going to easily hit what I wanted to at the meet. Didn't get that number. However, we are a long ways out for the meet. We both have a lot of work to do. just gotta keep at it is all!

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Thanks Homie. I kind of figured the one board is awful leverage for me, but that's when I need to get it done. I'm going to do the little things for the next couple of weeks and get things on track.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    Vincent my man, sometimes you just have those kinda workouts. they just don't meet your expectations.

Here's my thing with 1brd raw training. I honestly find it more difficult than full range. Largely because it's just awkward to find the groove on a 1brd. Least for me.

So here's the deal, that's still about 590 at the top which is very solid. But I understand it not being what you wanted so just allow that to be used as extra focus for next week.

I didn't hit near what I wanted to on pin presses this week. I knew that if I hit a certain number I was going to easily hit what I wanted to at the meet. Didn't get that number. However, we are a long ways out for the meet. We both have a lot of work to do. just gotta keep at it is all!

2/13/11 Sunday
    Squat/DL

-McGill siutps 3x15
    -GM's with band 3x15
    -SSB squats 65/115/155/205/245/295/335x5
    -Lateral step downs 3x10

My back is pretty torn up. I have been fighting an internal battle since yesterday thinking of whether I would deadlift. I already decided I would probably deload my sq/dl numbers until the meet. However, the dl is a little more unpredictable as far as my back is concerned. It's just that I feel like a b!tch when I skip an exercise. Well, I swallowed my pride and skipped deadlifts. I did some lateral step downs instead. I have been experiencing some knee pain and these always seem to help.

I'm going to get some rehab work done later. I'm supposed to take a decent number on the bench after my DE work tomorrow. Gotta get things right.
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 02-13-2011 at 12:15 PM.

2/13/11 Sunday
    PM Recovery

-Contrast shower
    -Softball roll
    pecs/hands/feet/shoulders/back/neck/glutes/forearms/triceps/calves'
    -Foam roll
    back/hips/itbands/glutes/hamstrings/lats/shoulders/triceps/pecs
    -Shoulder traction 4 ways each arm
    -Back stretches

I ate a huge dinner and got this done. I feel pretty good. My hands and feet have been bothering me so I figured I'd roll them out with the softball. It worked wonders.

I just need to eat and stay nice and hydrated tomorrow. I have captain Rhodes coming by tomorrow to help me with my DE training.

Huge meals are always good to go, especially when not low carbing it, but hell even some low carb huge meals are great. Work looks good Vin, stay hydrated, get better. Seems like everyone round here is struggling with some sort of issue.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    Huge meals are always good to go, especially when not low carbing it, but hell even some low carb huge meals are great. Work looks good Vin, stay hydrated, get better. Seems like everyone round here is struggling with some sort of issue.
    I think I have been suffering from head up my buttitis. Thx.

2/14/11 Monday
    DE Bench

205 w/4 chains 3x3 close grip
    225 w/4 chains and doubled minis 3x3 comp grip
    205 w/4 chains 3x3 medim grip
    315/405/495/545x1 medium grip

Band pushdowns 2x20
    Side laterals 20 2x15
    Hammer curls 20 2x20
    Face pulls 2x15

Everything felt pretty good. My form was tight. The 495 was easy. The 545 felt comfortable. Not too bad considering I did DE first and did ME band work just a few days ago. I had Matt give me a press calls, the 545 might have been a bit quick, but I am very satisfied nonetheless.

Video
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 02-14-2011 at 06:57 PM.

2/15/11 Tuesday
    Conditioning

-Half hour dog walk

Damn that dog of mine! We were having a nice walk and then she had to go cruising up a snow bank. I treaded lightly and then fell through at the deepest part. I was in up to my waist. I had snow in my socks and shoes for the better part of the walk. However, Harley is a great pooch. She loves and enjoys her afternoon walks. Trying to keep the 9 and a half year old rottie young at heart.

Got back and dmso'd her elbows. She's got arthritis. Her rehab is more important than mine.

Me, I am starting to feel normal again. I had some weird stuff going on with my appetite. It's come back and I should be able to put on a few for the SPF Ironman. The body is starting to feel pretty healthy too. I just have to keep my low back problems under control and I should be good. Dave's dialing down my training for the meet so I think we are on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post

Weird. I had the same experience this week with my accessory on DE Bench day. I did a giant set with close grip 1 board, wide grip 1board and dumbell bench. I felt like the 1 board presses were harder than full range. I chalked it up to using a different bench than normal with my DE band work. Who knows...

At any rate, you two are insane benchers and should be proud of your strength no matter what.
    Last edited by PeteB; 02-16-2011 at 11:05 AM.
    Gym PRs (Unequipped): Squat 405 Bench 350 (@225 BW) DL 500
    My training journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...light=pete%27s

Thanks a lot Pete. I always appreciate the support. Hitting different stuff and getting out of our comfort zones is probably better for us than I realize.

2/16/11 Wed
    Back and Biceps

-Lat pulldowns 100 3x12 (complete stretch at top with 2 second hold at the bottom)
    -Reverse band rows doubled light mini bands 2x15 (hold for pause at the bottom)

That was it. Interestingly it was plenty of work. I have not done regular pulldowns in a while. The stretch at the top and holding for a two count in the bottom provided more work than I thought it would have. By the third set I was surprised it was starting to get difficult. I needed to increase band tension for the rev band rows. I doubled the light bands and was really surpised by the tension. I ended up putting my feet up on the bench and pushing my arch/hips up to get to the bar. This actually worked out really well. I think my low back takes a beating enough, but having to setup on the bench for a third/back day really beats it up. My back, biceps, and forearms were really fried afterwards.

I jumped a contrast shower afterwards and iced my elbows. I am feeling better by the day. I just have to keep doing the little things. They add up!