Page 76 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 3106

Thread: Vincent Dizenzo Training Log

2/17/11 Thursday
    Conditioning and other ramblings

-50 minute dog walk

My dog led me through another waist high snow bank. That little b!tch is crazy. I need to start wearing hip waders to walk her.

Yesterday when I got home I found a package on my doorstep from Elite. Dave Tate sent me 8 mini bands. Now I know most people would be excited to get a package of free stuff. However, that sadist Dave must have a plan for them and I'm not so sure I want to be a part of it. I'm ascared.

Lastly, as my meet draws closer I am getting more and more excited. I started preping for Friday's ME Bench session already. I made sure to eat extra carbs Thursday evening as well as got to bed half an hour early. For today, I brought my stretch band to work and got 10 minutes of stretching in. I also brought an extra bottle of water on top of the rest of the fluids I bring. My meals are planned and the table is set for a great session. I even made sure to wake up in an excited mood this morning.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

2/18/11 Friday
    ME Bench

-Incline bench, thumb from smooth grip, worked up to 525x1 then 2 singles at 90%=475
    -2 board close grip, worked up to 495x2, missed 3rd

I am pleased with this session. My best ever incline was 545. That was with a competition grip and I was 35-40 lbs heavier. I have packed a few lbs back on. I am not going to go 275 at the SPF. With the travel I don't want to cut even only if it was going to be 5-10 lbs. So I am increasing cals and am trying to get to 295. I WILL take this weight off for my next meet.

So Tate told me not to miss on my ME work. So, I nailed a good number and shut it down. That being said, I missed a rep on the close grip board press. Hey, he did not tell me not to miss there. I think I'm going to be in trouble. I just didn't feel like making smaller jumps. Seriously though, I thought I'd have no problem with the 495x3. I guess the inclines took more out of me than I realized. I completely forgot I was supposed to do face pulls also. Evidently my head really went up my butt after max effort work was over.

Missing did help me realize something. Dave had discussed a flaw in my form. But right now it's too close to the meet to mess with anything. Watching vid I noticed when I am lifting heavy weight or another rep where I am uncertain, I will drop me chest/hips to try and heave the bar. I always just thought this was my style. Looking at it though, it is a complete break in form. Dave said I could possibly get an additional 15-20 lbs on my pressing by correcting something with my form. I am thinking it is this he is speaking of. It sure would be nice to increase my numbers without having to actually get stronger. Heck, at this point in my career I am only looking for 1-3% on a lift.

Rhodes, Karsten, and Josh were a great help. Josh and DD are pretty much mirroring my program (not this realization phase). They are too reliant on gear. Their form is weak and they are too loose during their lifts. They really don't know how lucky they are to have Rhodes. He gets up their asses. I know it annoys them, but he actually cares. I gave up caring a long time ago. I have put enough time into training people. If they have not learned in a certain amount of time "f" 'em.

For all you guys who are lucky enough to train with top lifters, take advantage of the situation. I have been so lucky to have learned from some greats in this sport. However, had I not learned they would have thrown my ass out. Don't just spot and load, any moron can do that. Be very observant. I did not have to be told every little thing. I learned by watching. Also, learn how to coach. I never wanted to be a coach. However, I saw it as an obligation to pass on what was imparted to me. Learn how to handle guys at a meet. It's no fun, but it's the right thing to do. Hey, I'm closer to 42 than I am to 41. It's my time to just lift again while I still have some progress left in me.

Lastly, we trained at Beast Gym in Trumbull, CT. It's a great facility. This is the second time they have helped us out when our facility was unavailable. I am very grateful to the owners Erik and Kim. They have everything you need to get strong and conditioned. Definitely check out www.BeastGym.com Rhodes and I are planning on doing a training day there (we can powerlift, do strongman, condition, etc). Let's get a bunch of strong guys and gals from the area and "lift things up and put them down." Hit me up if you are interested.

Sorry for the rambling here's the vid:
    Video
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 02-19-2011 at 07:35 AM.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    2/17/11 Thursday
    Conditioning and other ramblings

-50 minute dog walk

My dog led me through another waist high snow bank. That little b!tch is crazy. I need to start wearing hip waders to walk her.

Yesterday when I got home I found a package on my doorstep from Elite. Dave Tate sent me 8 mini bands. Now I know most people would be excited to get a package of free stuff. However, that sadist Dave must have a plan for them and I'm not so sure I want to be a part of it. I'm ascared.

Lastly, as my meet draws closer I am getting more and more excited. I started preping for Friday's ME Bench session already. I made sure to eat extra carbs Thursday evening as well as got to bed half an hour early. For today, I brought my stretch band to work and got 10 minutes of stretching in. I also brought an extra bottle of water on top of the rest of the fluids I bring. My meals are planned and the table is set for a great session. I even made sure to wake up in an excited mood this morning.

My dog actually does the opposite he completely avoids anything dealing with snow. Hes such a little bitch. He looks at it, looks at me and goes "Really?" with his eyes and avoids at all cost.

On the note of having and being a great coach i'm still new and young in this sport/hobby/career but I've put myself through the ringer and agree to just shut up and watch and listen. I haven't had the opportunity to meet or train with top coaches yet but my time will come soon. Thank you for your wisdom. Good work on the close grip.
    "Take the slow road - don't be the guy "bulking" and "cutting" and "dieting". All of these things fail. It's about a lifestyle."- Jim Wendler

My Log
    http://last.fm/user/dechrizzle
    http://doomisloomis.tumblr.com

Damn, your speed is crazy. Nice work!!!
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

2/19/11 Saturday
    Sq/dl

-Standing ab pulldowns w/band 3x20
    -Seated ssb gm's 3x10
    -SSB squats 295/315/335x5
    -Trap bar dl 295/315/335x5

Keeping the deload nimbers for squat and dead. Just workin'

Good stuff Vin, I gotta get my a SSB. Need to hit Dave Tate up.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Saturday night Facial!

I don't know why women complain about facials. I loved it. They even covered my eyes for me. We are thinking about the same thing here right? Saturday I took Jess to the spa for some treatments. We booked a couples massage. She also wanted a facial, what's new. So I figured I'd join in. Hey, I love being pampered. We had a great relaxing time.

Couple of funny notes. I did this for a Valentine's gift. When I called, the hostess asked if I would prefer to get my massage from a man or a woman? A woman of course. Then she asked the same question for my wife, a woman of course I said. I thought I'm not paying some man to put his hands on my wife. That's not too much of a double standard is it?

Also, I knew the slippers and robe were going to be a no go. I busted right through the sides of the slipper and the robe was tighter than a grape skin and did not even make it all the way around in the front. When are they going to make stuff to fit normal sized people? So I was either wrapped in what seemed to be a wash cloth sized towel or just au natural in the men's section. I have been around many locker rooms in my life as well as spas, this is not anything out of the ordinary. Well, the patrons there would probably beg to differ. I think I horrified a couple guys. Especially the group of 15-18 year old young men in the whirlpool. First of all, what are kids that age doing in a spa anyway? They are too young to even appreciate it. Secondly, it's not like we are sporting different equipment. Then again, maybe I am.

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    Saturday night Facial!

I don't know why women complain about facials. I loved it. They even covered my eyes for me. We are thinking about the same thing here right? Saturday I took Jess to the spa for some treatments. We booked a couples massage. She also wanted a facial, what's new. So I figured I'd join in. Hey, I love being pampered. We had a great relaxing time.

Couple of funny notes. I did this for a Valentine's gift. When I called, the hostess asked if I would prefer to get my massage from a man or a woman? A woman of course. Then she asked the same question for my wife, a woman of course I said. I thought I'm not paying some man to put his hands on my wife. That's not too much of a double standard is it?

Also, I knew the slippers and robe were going to be a no go. I busted right through the sides of the slipper and the robe was tighter than a grape skin and did not even make it all the way around in the front. When are they going to make stuff to fit normal sized people? So I was either wrapped in what seemed to be a wash cloth sized towel or just au natural in the men's section. I have been around many locker rooms in my life as well as spas, this is not anything out of the ordinary. Well, the patrons there would probably beg to differ. I think I horrified a couple guys. Especially the group of 15-18 year old young men in the whirlpool. First of all, what are kids that age doing in a spa anyway? They are too young to even appreciate it. Secondly, it's not like we are sporting different equipment. Then again, maybe I am.
    That is about the funniest damned thing I've read. Certainly the most entertaining story I've heard in a long time.

2/21/11 Monday
    DE Bench

-DE Bench:
    225 with 4 chains 2x3
    225 with 4 chains and double mini band for 2x3
    225 with 4 chains and TWO double mini bands per side for 2x3
    225 with 4 chains 2x3
    -Lat Pull Shrugs 90 2x5
    -Band pushdowns 5x10
    -Plate raise w/25 5x10

Well, I think I squeezed every last ounce of strength out of me. The bar literally felt heavy to me today. Thank God I had Jessica lift of for me or I don't think I could have gotten the double band set out of the rack. I did not want to do the lat pull shrugs or any free time stuff for that matter, but I did not want to be a complete puss. A couple of things to note. My right pec was really tight today. I did a lot of sets of band crossovers to warm it up. It felt better after a few warmup sets on the bench. It finished fine. The other thing is, the middle of my back is so tight it's crazy. I can feel it every time I inhale hard. I'm going to take a contrast shower and stretch out later. Maybe get in the fetal position and weep for a bit also.

I'm hoping for an easy ride into the meet at this point. I guess I'll have to see what Dave has in store for me.
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 02-22-2011 at 09:10 AM.

Vincent, why did you and Dave decide to include close grip inclines in your max effort rotation? I've never done them and wondering if they would be good for me.

I guess I'm just looking for an explanation behind the madness...

Thanks!
    750/500/690 APF Elite @ 242

Bench Only - Multi Ply SPF - 600 @ 275 (251)

Bench Only - Single Ply USAPL - 501 @ 275 (255)

Bench Only - Single Ply SPF - 550 @ 259 (257)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamBAG View Post
    Vincent, why did you and Dave decide to include close grip inclines in your max effort rotation? I've never done them and wondering if they would be good for me.

I guess I'm just looking for an explanation behind the madness...

Thanks!
    I did not ask why. I love being coached because it removes the thinking portion for me. I'll ask him when the meet is over.

Tues/Wed

Tuesday I foam/softball rolled, stretched, and hit the treadmill

Wednesday I did some light back work and stretched/softball rolled my back. My back is pretty tight. Just coasting until the meet now.

Funny story. I skipped a step on the stairs leading down to the first floor of my house. I dropped to my knees and was smashed face first against the wall. I went down with pretty good force, so I decided to stay exactly as I was for a good minute or two in order to perform a little mental inventory. I twisted an ankle a little and banged up one forearm pretty well. It would have made for a great America's Funniest Home video. Certainly scared the crap out of the dog. She bolted from the living room. What a great help she was.

Nice work Vinny. that inc. bp was crazy. Good luck at meet
    JERSEY IRON MEMBER
    BENCH ONLY

BEST BENCHES PRE INJURY(JUNE 12)
    780@242 MP
    820@275 MP

BEST BENCHES POST INJURY
    705@275 SP

Hmm, I've never heard of a facial in someone's meet prep!

Best of luck at the meet and I look forward to meeting you.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Quote Originally Posted by t gale View Post
    Nice work Vinny. that inc. bp was crazy. Good luck at meet
    Thanks, lifting is going well. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lones Green View Post
    Hmm, I've never heard of a facial in someone's meet prep!

Best of luck at the meet and I look forward to meeting you.
    It's going to be a good time. I'm looking forward to meeting you as well.

That fall sounds funny purely because your dog legged it. Glad your alright mate. How long till your meet?
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...?136143-Hct-12

A Westside journal.

'There are no layby's on the road to strength'

'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man'

S.F.W! @ your meet!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiff View Post
    That fall sounds funny purely because your dog legged it. Glad your alright mate. How long till your meet?
    Thx. The meet is next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by BodyByGamma View Post
    S.F.W! @ your meet!
    SFW! Fo Shizzle! That's the plan.

Get some Vin! SFW!!!!! The facial story is great, but on a serious note, my wife and I have memberships at Massage Envy, we get a couples massage every Month, and an hour session in addition to that massage is like $40 bucks compared to the $70 it'd be without the membership. I do want to go to a spa for a day though, my wife goes all the time and tries to get me in on it. Glad you're also alright with that fall, is the foundation of the house still in tact and ok?
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Wednesday
    -Pulldowns 100 3x5
    -Band assisted pullups 3x5

Thursday
    -30 minute walk
    -Foam roll/stretch
    -Contrast shower

Friday
    -2 board close grip, worked up to 500x1
    -Band face pulls 3x12

Saturday
    -30 minute walk
    -Foam roll/stretch/lax ball work
    -Contrast shower

Sunday
    -Bodyweight squats 10x10

Yesterday I ran out looking for balls to roll on (insert joke here). Seriously though, at one of the UGSS a trainer gave me a softball to roll on. It has worked well, but the seams cause some unnecessary pain in my opinion. So I went to a sports store and looked for options. Well, I went with the old standby of lax balls. Yeah, I like these much better. It only took me a couple of years to figure out what everyone else has already known.

Winding down training for the meet. I'm keeping busy which is good, but my conditioning is starting to suffer. I am packing on lbs and feeling pretty awful. I can't wait to go bench to the best of my ability and then spend some time after the meet getting back in better condition.

Monday 2-28-11
    DE Bench

Dynamic Effort bench, 225 4x2

Just moving a little weight around. Feeling pretty good. Just waitin' for the meet.

Like a lion in the tall grass hiding from the zebra!

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

Good luck this weekend!!!
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

Thx, you guys are awesome.

3/2/11 Wednesday

The bloat has begun. Since I am not going to worry about cutting to 275 down in TN, I'm doing a little bloating right now. Dave sent me a menu which includes 100gm carb shakes multiple times a day, gallons of 50/50 Gatorade/water, tons of sodium, and other craziness. I'm actually feeling my cheeks and forehead swell as I type. I'm figuring by Friday I'll barely be able to close my hands (or as my wife refers to them--paws). Interestingly I don't know which feels worse, bloating or cutting. At least I won't be driving to TN in a sauna suit with the seat warmer on and the heat cranked. Bad times!

I'm ready to lift.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com