Page 82 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 3106

Thread: Vincent Dizenzo Training Log

Massive weights. Want to follow more of these Pro-Journals. Hoping some of your strength will rub off on me by Osmosis, haha!!
    Add me on Facebook: Gaz Pengelly

Best Lifts: | Goals:
    SQ167.5(368.5) | 180(396)
    BE112.5(247.5) | 120(265)
    DL205(451) | 220(484)

www.garethkpengelly.co.uk

Please like our Just Big radio show page on facebook. We need 50 likes for a permenant page or some nonsense like that. Thanks.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/JUST-BIG/162888713774209
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 05-20-2011 at 01:49 PM.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    Please like our Just Big radio show page on facebook. We need 50 likes for a permenant page or some nonsense like that. Thanks.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/JUSTBIG/
    Vinny, I had to use this url to get to the page: Just Big

Quote Originally Posted by Tim K View Post
    Vinny, I had to use this url to get to the page: Just Big
    Thanks, I just fixed it in my post also. You rock!

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

Thanks, I just fixed it in my post also. You rock!
    No Vinny - you rock! I'm just some schmuck with the right url.

Thanks Tim and to everyone else. i guess we can secure the name Just Big now. Much appreciated.

I'm behind posting my workouts mostly because they have been worthless. I can't do a lot on my leg right now. I tried to get a session in for Friday's ME, here it is:

5/20/11 Friday ME Bench
    -Bench with legs up 95/135x10, 185/225/275/315x3, 365/405/455/495x1 550 2x0, 525x1, 425x3
    -SS pushdowns and facepulls 4x25

I have had such a string of good sessions. This one felt lousy. I'm actually depressed. I was pissed I missed the 550 with my legs up, I actually tried to reset with my legs down and the second it hit my chest, I tried to press and a sharp pain shot through my leg. I just told the spotters to take it. I can't remember the last time I missed a 550 bench. I know a lot of you will say you wish you had a 550 raw bench, what I am talking about is relative. Think of missing a weight you never miss, you shouldn't miss, it sucks. I could not go out on that note. I finished up with a 525. Thank God I pressed that one out. My toes would probably feel over the edge today had I missed that one.

Lesson, let my leg heal up. I won't be any good on the bench until it's a 100%. I really need to learn my limitations.
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 05-21-2011 at 08:33 PM.

Did you ever get your leg looked at?

If it's hurting you that bad, might be worth getting it looked at.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Vinny I'd definitely heed Travis' advice and get it looked at, just to err on the side of caution.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    Did you ever get your leg looked at?

If it's hurting you that bad, might be worth getting it looked at.
    Actually, if it were not making steady progress I was going to see my sports Doc. I set it back a bit on Friday. I was just being stupid trying to have more balls than brains. I have been keeping in touch with our athletic trainer and doing my rehab stuff. I really feel confident I'll be back to around 99% next week. Thanks for checking in on me. I'm sure I'd be saying the same to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    Vinny I'd definitely heed Travis' advice and get it looked at, just to err on the side of caution.
    Thanks, I'm on the mend.

Monday 5/23/11

-Foam rolled IT band
    -Softball roll on pec
    -Shoulder traction
    -Treadmill 24 minutes

Finally heard from Rhodes in the 5:00 hour. I was on pins and needles all day. Glad to hear that the surgery was as successful as they had hoped. He has a bit of recovery time ahead of him, but that is to be expected. The bad news is that he'll have to pass on competing at the Europa this summer. The good news is that he'll be able to lift off for me--I mean, he'll be ok.

I just wanted to thank Ed Coan and Tee Tee McCray for making the radio show such a success last night. That hour flies. It was so cool to shoot the breeze with a living legend. I feel like I have accomplished a lot in my years of lifting, but I am a fan first. I'm also glad the foggy and groggy Rhodes came in after his surgery. What a trooper.

Lastly, the leg is recovering well. I really think I'll be running 100% in about another week. I am using this time to heal up my nagging pec strain as well. As much as it sucks not pushing heavy weights, I am enjoying a little bit of a break. I'm just making sure to take advantage of it with active recovery.

Will your show be able to listen to on replay anytime soon? Would love to hear the Ed Coan interview but I live in Sweden so it makes it a little difficult..

Quote Originally Posted by rinse View Post
    Will your show be able to listen to on replay anytime soon? Would love to hear the Ed Coan interview but I live in Sweden so it makes it a little difficult..
    The shows are recorded and there is a plan to have them available for replay in the future.

The shows are recorded and there is a plan to have them available for replay in the future.
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sucks working Monday nights and not able to actually sit there and just listen to the show on my phone without getting interrupted.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Wanted to share some great news. My mother who is a cancer survivor and has remained cancer free for a few years now, had a test yesterday and continues to be cancer free. This is awesome news!

Wanted to share some great news. My mother who is a cancer survivor and has remained cancer free for a few years now, had a test yesterday and continues to be cancer free. This is awesome news!
    That's awesome Vin. Great news!

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Awesome news on your mom.

FUCK CANCER. GO VINS MOM!

Thx guys, it's awesome!

Wed 5/25
    -Walk w/20 lb weight vest, 45 minutes
    -Pulldowns 100 10x10
    -Underhand pulldowns 100 2x20

Thurs 5/26
    -Treadmill, 20 minutes steady
    -Foam roll injured IT band and pec

Wednesday I did not want to put any pressure on my leg so I did a minimal amount of work to get some blood moving.
    My conditioning is great for me. I am moving around as well if not better than I did when I was in the 260's. I am 293 right now. I just want to be between 285-290 so I don't have far to go. I finally have my nutrition plan with Kiefer exactly where I want it. It's very doable for me, my strength level is excellent, and I am starting to see the recomposition that I was hoping for.

Foam rolling my IT band seems to be best for recovery. I am confident it won't be an issue in another week or so. I don't know that I'll get back to any heavy sq/dl's this training cycle. I'll just make sure to get some work in. I am going to program in some light the next few weeks. I hope to at least hit some deload numbers within the next month.

That's awesome news about your Mom Vin, great stuff. Also great news with rehab that's been going on. Injuries suck, a lot.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Friday ME Bench

-Floor press, comp grip 225/275/315/405/455x3, 495/545x1, 565x0, 550x1, 465x3
    -Fat bar tri ext from floor, 160 4x10
    -Bent over side laterals 25/30/35/40x8
    -Rev cable curls w/fat handle spud straps 50 3x12
    -20 minutes ice pec

Holy cow, my triceps are killing me. I kind of shy away from barbell tricep extensions becuase they are often the culprits in elbow aggrevation. With the fat bar from the floor, the first set irritated my elbows a bit. However, I found a good groove for the final three sets. My triceps have been aching for days. I have not had that feeling in my triceps in as long as I can remember. I recommend these highly. Keep in mind you have to adjust them for your liking. Mine are kind of a hybrid extension and JM press. Plus, I lift my head to meet the bar to lessen the range of motion.

Saturday Conditioning and recovery
    -40 minute walk w/40 lb weight vest
    -30 minutes various rolling and stretching
    -20 minutes of ice on pecs and elbows
    -Contrast shower

I saw Dave doing a band shoulder stretch in his log so I tried it. I really liked it. Then I realized why not use bands to stretch my pecs also. I have always liked using bands for traction because they give. I never have any luck stretching my pec against fixed objects. Well, I tried multiple positions with great results. These will be a staple in my program.

Sunday sq/dl
    -Seated gm's w/3 mini bands 5x10
    -Crunches w/mini band 3x15
    -Bodyweight box squats 10x10
    -TKE's 3x20
    -Standing calf raises 3x20
    -Ice injured pec/shoulder 20 minutes

The thigh is really on the mend. I think if I take my time it will be 100% shortly. I just don't need to rush it. Most importantly, I need it healthy to push off of for benching. So, I got some work in and feel good now that I'm back on a consistent schedule again.

Monday DE bench
    -Speed bench 135/185/205/225/245/265/285/305/325x3, using 3 differnt grips
    -Band pushdowns 5x20
    -Band overhead press 3x20
    -Band fat bar curls 3x15

This is so far off of what my original program was supposed to be for the day (I'll actually post the week's template later). Considering I was not able to perfrom any DE beacuse of my thigh for the past few weeks, I was just glad to get work in. That coupled with the fact that I was still super sore from Friday's ME, despite all of the reoovery work. In retrospect I should have performed an extra workout on Saturday for recovery. Lesson learned.

For DE I just wanted to be able to plant my legs without pain. That happened so I just kept upping the weight little by little. All felt good. I continue to do my speed work without wraps. After that, figured I should just keep the body moving with band work, so that's what I did. It's good to have a plan, but it's also important to listen to your body and change things up accordingly.

Tuesday
    -15 minute walk with 40lb weight vest
    -Band stretch pecs and shoulders, stretch IT bands

Wednesday
    -Carted Rhodes a$$ all over civilization to help him out with his eye. Just, kidding. I was glad to help him out. Unfortunately I did not get to train as a result. However, he did take me out for wings and ribs which was great!

Thursday
    -School field trip. I walked my big carcass all over creation. Did not feel it necessary to do cardio/conditioning later in the day.
    -Foam rolled IT band
    -Band stretch for pecs and shoulders

My pec is imporving nicely. The IT band also. I'm looking forward to ME bench tonight. Tee Tee and I are going head to head. We've been talking sh!t all week. Now the talking is done. I just hope we both have a great night of smashing weights!

SFW tonight Vin.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

6/3/11 Fri ME Bench
    -Reverse band bench pinkies on ring, did lots of triples up to 590, then 635/680/730/750x1 and 630x3
    -Revers band w/fat bar to 2 board, thumbs from smooth grip 520 2x10
    -Incline Tate presses 35 2x12
    -Broom stick swings 2x20
    -Reverse barbell curls w/chains 3x8

*This was a very good session. Felt the IT band problem and pec issue a tad, but I continue to heal up.

6/5/11 Sat Cond/recovery
    -20 minutes treadmill steady
    -Foam roll and band stretching
    -Ice and contrast showers

6/6/11 Sund Sq/dl
    -Band ab pulldowns 3x15
    -Standing ssb gm's 5x10
    -SSB squats w/bar only 10x10
    -Band TKE's 1x25
    -Standing calf raises 1x25

6/7/11 Mon DE Bench
    -Speed bench w/4 chains using three grips, 225/235/245/255/265/275/285/305x3
    -Close grip pin presses using crazy bells 275 2x10
    -Band pushdowns 3x10
    -1 arm seated overhead dumbell press 50/60/70/80x10
    -1 arm blast strap curls 3x12

Speed did not feel great so I took slow steady jumps instead of quarters. If I have to I'll keep the weight light. I was hoping to work up to double bands and some good weight over the next few weeks. I continue to take the weight out myself and am not using wraps. Wow! Crazy Bells are no joke! That bar gets moving all over the place and it's hard to control and keep locked. Perhaps I was spent from DE, but I was really surprised at how much work the light weight gave me.

6/7/11 Tues Conditioning/recovery

-1 hour walk w/40 lb weight vest
    -10 minutes foam roll IT band and band pec/shoulder stretches

6/8/11 Wed-Back
    -Bent over barbell rows w/short mini band 185 4x12
    -Pulldowns to sternum 140 3x10
    -Band pullaparts 2x12

6/9/11 Thurs-Conditioning
    -25 minute walk w/40 lb weight vest