Sunday 7.17.11
    Squat & DL

Standing band ab pulldowns 2x15
    Standing band gms 2x15
    Bodyweight squats 10x10
    Dimel dl's w/doubled mini bands 2x15
    TKEs w/light band 2x15
    Standing calf raises 2x15
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 07-17-2011 at 11:35 PM.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

Had to google what McGill sit ups where, they work for you? solid work man.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    Had to google what McGill sit ups where, they work for you? solid work man.
    Yeah, plus they feel really good on my back. Less flexion.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

Monday-Deload crap ass bench session
    Dumbell bench on physio ball 50 3x20
    Rolling dumbell tri ext 40 3x10
    Broom stick swings 3x15

Weight is 289 today. Things are going well. Kind of losing the will to do anything. Just feel like I am waiting for the meet. Kind of depressing. Got to pull myself out of this funk.

Tuesday 7.19.11
    Conditioning/Recovery

20 minutes airdyne
    Foam rolling

Hoop dreams baby!

So, I am doing everything possible to undo myself before the meet. You see, our dog Harley is getting up there in years, but she loves to go on long walks. Actually we are not certain whether she likes to walk or just be outside. However, with the dog days of summer and some persisting arthritis we need to limit her walks. She's a character. Sometimes on walks she'll just stop and lift up a front leg, that's her way of telling us she needs her elbow massaged.

Anyway, Jess and I are always looking for different ways to exercise together (outside of the house you wise asses). So I bought a basketball yesterday. I figured Harley could just hang at the park while we shot hoops. A couple of things to note is that we both suck badly at the game. However, what is cool is I can now palm a basketball, something I desperately wanted to be able to do in hs.

So Jessica and I decided to play HORSE. Well, we were so terrible that we almost cut it down to HO. Long story short is that Jessica actually beat me. It was humbling, but fun. She still ended up being pissed at me because she's jealous that I now have veins showing in my calves and they are not vericose.

I can't wait until the guys read this and bust my balls. I probably should not take up new hobbies so close to the meet, oh well.

Your new name is Basketball Jones.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Tuesday 7.19.11
    20 minutes airdyne
    Foam roll
    Contrast shower

Wednesday 7.20.11
    Inverted rows 3x10
    Running man 3x10
    Heel toe rock 3x10
    Blast strap curls 3x10

ART Therapy

Just moving the body around. I am starting to go out of my mind not pushing any heavy weight. The ART Dr wanted me to do some unilateral leg work for IT band/quad/or the whatever the hell injury that is nagging my thigh. I wish I youtubed these. I don't know what's worse, my unilateral strength or balance. Anyway, I got the work done just short of face planting.

So I'm a week out from my meet and I have been busting my @ss! My weight is 288 which puts me a little ahead of schedule for my cut to 275. So I had Brian check my bodyfat. I was so thrilled to have the result be 17.5%. Back on June 5, 2010 I was 267 lbs at 18%. So basically in just a little over a year I gained 21 lbs and am .5% leaner. I'd also like to note that Brian was the same person who took my measurments last year.

I feel really good knowing my bodyfat is in an excellent range for my age (I turn 42 tomorrow). It actually puts me in the fitness range regardless of age on a few charts. That was a pleasant surprise. This might not sound like much of an accomplishment, but it's a long way off from my days as a superheavyweight. I feel stronger and much-much healthier.

I have to give credit where credit is due. Shelby Starnes helped me out last year. I think I needed his strict regimen to understand the dedication it would take. I tried to stay on that wagon for a bit, but did not have the discipline or knowledge to continue with it after hitting my goal.

I can't remember when I started playing with carb backloading, but it made sense to me and it seemed sustainable. I don't much care what I eat during the day, I'm busy so I don't mind choking down whatever I need to. Backloading offers more flexibility in the evening which is when I like to sit down and enjoy my food a bit more.

Anyway, after a bit I wanted to work directily with Kiefer. Thankfully Brian Carroll was able to hook that up for me. After a little correspondence and trial and error we developed the plan I am on now. I am leaner than I have been in around 20 years and am putting up pr's in the gym regardless of bodyweight.

I also need to thank Chris Mason with AtLargeNutrition. I have been using their supplements for years and they are a huge part of my growth and success. They have every product you need to get bigger, leaner, and stronger!

I am excited about the future of my programming in all of its facets. I just have to make sure not to over think things and derail myself.
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 07-22-2011 at 10:12 PM.

Cant wait to see the results of the meet bro good luck everything looks great man
    ADRIAN LARSEN
    #2 ranked All time 220lbs raw bench 585lbs
    www.fuelthedesire.com THE ALPHA PROJECT
    ELITE TRAINING EXTREME PERFORMANCE YOUTUBE VIDS
    AT LARGE NUTRITION
    ALN Supp Stack used - Nitrean Plus, BCAA, Multi Plus, Fish Oil, ETS
    Anderson Powerlifting
    Sling shot
    YOU CAN HAVE EXCUSES OR RESULTS, NOT BOTH

Thurs 7.21.11
    Conditioning/recovery

20 minutes treadmill, steady
    Foam roll

Friday 7.22.11
    Deload Bench

Bench, worked up to 410x1
    Band pushdowns 3x20
    Band face pulls 3x20

It was horribly hot in the gym. I felt like I was going to vomit. I'm sure half was nerves, the other half was dehydration. I just want to lift heavy. This waiting game is getting to me.

Saturdy 7.23.11
    Nothing-it was my birthday. I took a day off from training, cardio, and recovery. I even had some pizza and ice cream cake. It was a good day.

Sunday 7.24.11
    Legs

Bodyweight squats 4x25
    Physio ball rev hypers 3x10
    Physio ball crunches 3x10

More lame boring work. Still weighing 288. Started the hydrating process for my cut.

Went with Jess to go see Friends with Benefits. A bit of a chick flick, but quite entertaining. If I wasn't with my wonderful wife Jessica, I'd probably be giving Mila Kunis a call.

If you are reading my log, you are smart enough to know to tune in to the Just Big show on www.ftns.co at 8:00 est. We are having Chad Wesley Smith on tonight.

Tuesday

I don't know or even care what the date is. I'm just busy drinking water for my cut. It's going swimmingly, literally. I can't believe I have not pi$$ed the bed or my pants yet. I was 285 this morning. All is going to plan thus far.

I'm starting to get a little cranky. I'm functioning on very few carbs for a number of days now. The good news is that a Popeye's has moved within 15 minutes of my house. I think that might be on the list of places to stop after my weigh in.

Don't forget to drink a gallon of gatorade the day of the weigh-in. Before you weigh-in.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Wednesday-I'm either 281 or 283 I have two different scales telling me different things. WTF!

Thursday
    279 right now. Havin' a blast not eating or drinking anything.

Good luck at the meet this weekend!
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 218 lbs | Gym PR's -> Front Squat: 510 lbs / Overhead: 375 lbs / Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

Meet report

Weighed in at 273.5. Was only able to get my weight back up to around 288. Did most of my training in the 295 range. Anyway, I felt horrible for the past two days between the cut and refeed. Interestingly I felt great at the meet.

Opened with an easy 525. My form was horrible, but it smoked off my chest. I was quite nonchalant about the 600. Form was horrible and missed it. Tightened up the form for the third, but still no go.

I survived and will fight another day. I am more driven by failure than success. Unfortunatetly that makes failure a necessary evil.

I had a very good training cycle. Actually the training went so well that all of our crew lifted excellently, with one exception-me. Great job by Brian, Josh, Tee, and Karsten. Also, thanks so much to Rhodes, Drew, Eric for your help.

I look forward to taking a break from raw work. I seem to do well switching between the raw and geared lifting. I'm looking forward to getting into my new Metal Jack shirt. That training will begin in two weeks. Now it's time for a little break. I'll be incommunicado for a bit. Catch you all in on the flipside.

A respectable showing and a much deserved break.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

525 is definitely respectable bro, awesome work. You've worked your ass off and deserve a good little break. Have fun on it, you're a beast Vin. Any vids?
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Thx guys. I just made a long post and somehow I got logged off. I'm pissed.

So, if you want to hear about the meet and my vacation check into Just Big on www.ftns.co at 8:00 est. I'm also psyched that we are going to have Travis Bell on tonight.

Monday
    -Treadmill, 20 minutes LISS
    -Dumbell Circuit, 30 lb dbls 3x6 w/2 minutes rest between sets
    Rev lunge
    Alt arm rows
    Push ups
    Burpees
    Alt overhead press

Gotta tell you, these pushed me pretty hard. I really think it was the burpees that killed me. That's a pretty hard movement for a big guy, plus I have never done them before. Anyway, I am going to throw complexes into my training days as a finisher. I really want to improve my overall conditioning and body composition.

Tuesday
    -Treadmill, 30 minutes HIIT

Diet
    I'm back on my backloading plan. I was 295 when I got back from vacation. I just felt bloated and terrible. I'm sure this was from the types of food I was eating, eating carbs during the day, and drinking alcohol which I rarely if ever do.

So considering I am not hitting the weights just yet, I figured I'd keep my carbs to a minimum. For the past couple of days that's been around 50 grams. I have also made sure to keep very hydrated. I often forget to do this after a meet and it really puts me in a bad place. In just two days I'm down to 285 and feel much better. It's so crazy what a drug, food is to your body.

I now have to keep a good watch on my macros. I don't want to drop more than 1-2 lbs tops a week. I am going to do another complex on Wednesday and I'll make sure to backload a good 150 plus carbs with that meal.

Checked out the show Monday night, as I usually do. Was a good one.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

Quote Originally Posted by joey54 View Post
    Checked out the show Monday night, as I usually do. Was a good one.
    Thx. I think I might have gone with too much personal stuff instead of lifting. Travis as a great guest, can't wait to get him on again. Talked to Luyando this evening. He's going to do the show in two weeks as long as nothing work related comes up that night.