Page 95 of 125 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 3106

Thread: Vincent Dizenzo Training Log

Wed 2/16/12 - Week 7 Blew off lower assistance

Parent/teacher night so I did not really have time or more like it, the inclination to do it. However, I made sure to foam roll in order to get something accomplished. I spend more time on my foam roller than on my...
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 02-16-2012 at 05:49 AM.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

Thurs 2/17/12 - Week 7 cardiac/recovery

20 minute walk with 40 lb weight vest @ heart rate 100
    Foam roll
    Contrast shower

My left foot has been bothering me a bit. I did not want to pound it on the treadmill. So I put on the weight vest instead and took a stroll outside with the pooch. I knew it would cause less stress to my foot. I don't want it to nag me on heavy bench. Heart rate was supposed to be 120, but I only got it to 100. Something is better than nothing.

That's a good lesson for many of you out there. Too many of you are all or nothing. People think, well I can't do the treadmill today, so they'll just skip everything. Be creative people and get something done.
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 02-17-2012 at 05:55 AM.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

Video from Monday's bench session

Pretty cool bench! Nice work Vinny!

Friday 2/17/12 - Week 7 Intensification II Bench w/510 4x2 Video

Noble Nine Warmup
    Foam roll upper and lower
    Bench 510 4x2
    3 board bench 410/460/500/500x3
    CSR 90/115/115x10
    Band pullaparts 3x10

Contrast shower

Holy crap I was spent. I know I sound like a broken record, but all this volume is tough especially considering Monday's training. 510 has nevefr felt so heavy. However, all of this work will pay off at the end.

Last edited by vdizenzo; 02-20-2012 at 11:00 AM.

2/18/12 - Cardiac/recovery

Treadmill 20 minutes @ heart rate 120
    Foam rolled in am and pm
    Contrast shower

DOMS is creeping in like the grim reeper.

Sunday 2/19/12 - Week 6 sq/dl

Seated band gm's 3x10
    Barbell ab rollouts 3x6 (these were hard than I remember)
    SSB squats 300 5x6
    Sumo dl 300x6

Work felt good. I used a barbell to do the rollouts for my abs. I forgot how good these feel. I hear Matt talk about them all the time and saw Karsten doing them, so I figured I'd jump on the bandwagon. Going to get myself an ab wheel. Squats went fine as they should at that weight as did the deadlifts. The hook grip felt good, didn't bother my hands a bit. Just slowly building tolerance. I pulled the first hook then went double over for the remainder of the reps.

Lastly, I am very excited to announce that I am starting a business. The company is Applied Training Concepts, LLC. My training partner Brian and I have been writing programs and doing online coaching for athletes. We decided to finally make it official. This way I also have a business to run my seminars through as well as a business to put out the long awaited SFW! shirts. If you are interested in a program just shoot me a private message. I will be getting a website up shortly.
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 02-21-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Monday 2/20/12 - Week 6 Intensification II Bench

Fab four warmup
    Speed bench 365 8x3 with 3 different grips
    Floor press thumbs from smooth 405/455/455x2
    Inside grip pulldowns 130 3x10
    Plate raises 3x10

Contrast shower

The 365 moved fine for speed work, but I was still pretty beat up from Friday's work. I like these smaller blocks. Having been through an Intensification block already this cycle I knew what to expect. The one saving grace is that I knew this would be my last pressing Monday until the meet. I have a deload next week and then head into realization.

Knowing how I will feel for Friday, I will focus on recovery this week. I think my numbers are betweeen 510-540 for 4 singles. I will take the higher number as I have been doing thus far throughout the cycle. With good rest, recovery, and nutrition the 540 will be very manageable. Singles will sure be a nice change of pace.

Trying hard to follow your lead and start doing the rehab stuff that's necessary to lift at the high intensity on a daily basis. I can't believe that the hardest part of my training is keeping up with the little things AFTER the gym. I admire your dedication to it and I can tell you I don't think many people understand what focus and commitment it takes to all these small things AFTER training.

sponsored by

Don't Flinch.
    Jersey Iron Gear!
    Tone on Facebook
    880/820/770/2415 Geared
    680/530/750/1960 Raw

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaccio View Post
    Trying hard to follow your lead and start doing the rehab stuff that's necessary to lift at the high intensity on a daily basis. I can't believe that the hardest part of my training is keeping up with the little things AFTER the gym. I admire your dedication to it and I can tell you I don't think many people understand what focus and commitment it takes to all these small things AFTER training.
    I really try to instill the importance of the little things. I appreciate you picking up on that. You can only train so much and so hard. At some point you have to look elswhere for gains. I liken the little things like foam rolling and contrast showering to brushing my teeth. I don't really want to do it, but I know I should. It's not like it is a horrible experience or takes too long, just something about it leaves me kicking and screaming like a little kid.

Tuesday - Week 6 recovery/cardiac

Treadmill 20 minutes at heart rate 128
    Foam rolled upper and lower
    Iced pecs/shoulders
    Contrast shower

Pushed myself on the treadmill today a little. I'd say it felt good, but I'd be lying to you.

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    It's not like it is a horrible experience or takes too long, just something about it leaves me kicking and screaming like a little kid.
    There's just no "challenge" to doing it. Squats, benches, deadlifts, you can push and challenge yourself. The challenge with the little things is actually doing them in the first place. I'd rather go through a full squat session 2 days in a row than roll for 10 minutes. And I'd rather foam roll for 30 minutes before rolling on a lacrosse ball for 5.

sponsored by

Don't Flinch.
    Jersey Iron Gear!
    Tone on Facebook
    880/820/770/2415 Geared
    680/530/750/1960 Raw

Wednesday - week 6 lower accessory

A bunch of unilateral stuff
    Some ab and low back crap

1hr ART
    Iced pecs/shoulders
    Contrast shower

2/23/12 Thursday - Cardiac/Recovery

30 minute walk with 40 lb weight vest
    Iced pecs with compression 20 minutes x 2
    Contrast shower
    DMSO pecs and shoulders

I really had to go out of my way and do a lot of recovery work. My pecs/shoulders are trashed. But that's no excuse not to get done what I need to for my Friday bench session.

Walked with the weight vest rather than the treadmill. My left ankly has been bothering me and I did not want to jack it up any futher for benching. Supposed to hit a heart rate between 120-130. The walk with the weight vest only gets me to 100. So be it.

Friday 2/24/12 - Week 6 Intensification II bench

Light foam roll upper and lower
    Full body warmup
    Lax ball roll on pecs
    Bench 540 4x1
    3 Board press 500 3x3
    CSR 90 3x10
    Band pullaparts 3x10

Iced pecs/shoulders

Yes, for the record my pecs were terribly sore. I sound like a broken record, but this is what happens during my intensification blocks. That's why they are only two weeks long.

Once I started benching I had to head over to the wall with a lax ball on my pecs. As the weight got heavier I felt worse, but the work had to get done. The first rep at 540 felt ok. Each rep thereafter got better. I even made sure to get a good pause on the last rep.

I know 540 is nothing to brag about, but I'm getting my work done. With a deload week coming I won't have to press for two weeks. I'll be chomping at the bit by then and my body will feel great. I am excited to get into my realization work. The meet will be here before you know it. Just gotta keep doing my work and all the little things to get better.

Lastly, I want to thank the crew I bench with. They are all such a great group of guys. They are always so supportive. They won't even let me spot or load. They want me to save myself for my work. I do sneak handing a plate in here and there. I even jump in on a spot until I get thrown off. I feel like a complete diva, but man it sure is nice. Thanks guys.

I know 540 is nothing to brag about, but I'm getting my work done.
    Vinny, there aren't too many people that can make statement and actually mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim K View Post
    Vinny, there aren't too many people that can make statement and actually mean it.
    That's funny. I wasn't trying to be jerk, I guess I really didn't think about that statement. I'm lucky to lift what I do.

Saturday 2/25/12 - Cardiac/recovery, Feeding the ducks and other nonsense

Treadmill 20 minutes @ heart rate 100
    Contrast shower

I felt horrible when I woke up. The preceeding two weeks of work beat me up. I was also mentally drained. I think about training a lot. So when I accomplished Friday's bench goal I was left feeling unsatisfied. I often get a feeling of melancholy after good lifting. Subconsciously I must feel like I deserve a parade or something. The reality is noboby really cares. As it should be, people have real issues in this world.

My parents are away right now and with my brother's passing, I just kind of felt alone with no immediate family around. Jess picked up on this quickly. She reads me like a book. So we decided on a family acitivity.

We packed up the dog and went to our local park to feed the ducks and geese. Harley is a 10.5 year old rotty and is getting little geriatric. I think the ducks make her feel young. So we fed them and Harley got closer to the pond than Jess likes. I have actually let her get up to her elbows when Jess was not around. Got in big trouble for that one. Anyway feeding the ducks was fun. Especially considering Jess is certain one of the ducks is a tranny. It has male markings on its head, but has a female body. Heck, I know nothing about ducks and am surprised my wife does. The thought of a tranny duck sure made me laugh though.

Anyway, I have four functioning limbs and a mostly functioning brain. There are thousands of people (probably more) that don't have clean drinking water so my life is pretty darn good. I'm blessed to have what I have and do what I do.

My estrogen level must be kickin'

That's funny. I wasn't trying to be jerk, I guess I really didn't think about that statement. I'm lucky to lift what I do.
    Exactly - you were very sincere in your comment and that is why it is so damned funny.

Feel better buckeroo! And tell Harley to keep her hind end clear of any tranny ducks - they might like inter-species kinky stuff too.

Tell Jess that swimming would probably be great for Harley. Easy on the joints.

Also don't tell her I said that. I don't want her to hurt me.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Amazing how moving weight can make you feel philosophical lol.

And you're not lucky in the weight you bench - you put hard work into it!
    Add me on Facebook: Gaz Pengelly

Best Lifts: | Goals:
    SQ167.5(368.5) | 180(396)
    BE112.5(247.5) | 120(265)
    DL205(451) | 220(484)

www.garethkpengelly.co.uk

sounds like you needed a day to relax Vin
    2000 or bust

Took the day off yesterday it was great. Thanks everyone.

I often get a feeling of melancholy after good lifting. Subconsciously I must feel like I deserve a parade or something. The reality is nobody really cares. As it should be, people have real issues in this world.
    My jaw dropped when I read this. I sometimes feel like this but always laugh at myself and feel like "Who the fuck am I? How fucking self-centered". I appreciate the honesty Vince. It was good to see that I'm not alone in that. I'm a very emotional lifter as well and sometimes I feel like that's something to be embarrassed of in this sport. It's nice to see there are others. Thank you.

sponsored by

Don't Flinch.
    Jersey Iron Gear!
    Tone on Facebook
    880/820/770/2415 Geared
    680/530/750/1960 Raw

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaccio View Post
    My jaw dropped when I read this. I sometimes feel like this but always laugh at myself and feel like "Who the fuck am I? How fucking self-centered". I appreciate the honesty Vince. It was good to see that I'm not alone in that. I'm a very emotional lifter as well and sometimes I feel like that's something to be embarrassed of in this sport. It's nice to see there are others. Thank you.
    No problem big man. Maybe you and I could hook up for a group hug one day. Yeah, I'm an emotional dude and not ashamed to admit it.