Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: freac's journal, and stuff.

Monday and Wednesday

I was sick for a while there...

Monday:
    CG Bench 12 (95) 6,6,6 (140)
    Rack Pulls 8 (135) 6 (225) 6 (235)
    Incline Shoulder Press 12 (30) 8 (50) 8 (60)
    Chinups 6 (15) 6 (20)
    Ab Crunches 15, 12, 10 (40)
    Skullcrushers 8,8 (50)
    Rows: Not worth talking about*

*I've given up on BO DB Rows and BB Rows. I know, I know, heil freeweights or whatever, but they're just not for me right now. I'm messing around with several machines to find one I like.

Wednesday:
    Squats 8 (135) 6,5 (205)
    Hacks 6 (135) 6,6 (185)
    Deads 6 (135) 6,4 (225)
    Calve raises 12,10,9 (185)
    Lunges 8,8 (60)
    Gh Raises 12,12 (25)

So you've had this journal since February.

What are your goals? Are you trying to gain weight? (Judging by your pictures you should be) It's been three months. Have you gained a pound?

Your bench press has been stagnant since February.
    You gotta do something.

Your routine looks a little jacked up. Might want to start there.

Your diet... You probably need to eat more. Count every calorie. Peanut butter and whole milk will be your best friend there. Throw some peanut butter, chocolate protein, and whole milk in a blender. Pretty damn tasty. One serving protein = 120 cals
    One serving PB = 190
    One serving whole milk = 150

Double the doses there and you've got 920 cals in one shake.

If I were your height and weight I'd aim for 3500-4000 calories and 150+ grams of protein.
    Last edited by Chris686; 05-26-2007 at 01:39 AM.
    Forever Goal: Strength

Weightlifting sucks. I just like to lift heavy things.

So you've had this journal since February.

What are your goals? Are you trying to gain weight? (Judging by your pictures you should be) It's been three months. Have you gained a pound?(1)

Your bench press has been stagnant since February.
    You gotta do something.

Your routine looks a little jacked up. Might want to start there.(2)

Your diet... You probably need to eat more. Count every calorie. Peanut butter and whole milk will be your best friend there. Throw some peanut butter, chocolate protein, and whole milk in a blender. Pretty damn tasty. One serving protein = 120 cals
    One serving PB = 190
    One serving whole milk = 150

Double the doses there and you've got 920 cals in one shake.

If I were your height and weight I'd aim for 3500-4000 calories and 150+ grams of protein.(3)
    1. I've gained 10 pounds. >_>
    Not a lot, I know, but it's better than nothing I suppose. I wasn't eating as much back then though, so it should get better now.

2. Yeah, I know. Any suggestions? If you read this post, I could use your advice here if you don't mind (you've posted there once already, I know, but I have some more questions): http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=97456

3. Oh holy crap that's a lot of protein. I have this egg white protein shake thing but that only has 24g's, and I only have that 3 days a week. How much protein is in an egg? I eat 2 eggs ever day. I could always have more <_<
    And I generally have some sort of meat for lunch and dinner too, but I don't know how fast it all adds up.

Quote Originally Posted by freac View Post
    1. I've gained 10 pounds. >_>
    Not a lot, I know, but it's better than nothing I suppose. I wasn't eating as much back then though, so it should get better now.

2. Yeah, I know. Any suggestions? If you read this post, I could use your advice here if you don't mind (you've posted there once already, I know, but I have some more questions): http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=97456

3. Oh holy crap that's a lot of protein. I have this egg white protein shake thing but that only has 24g's, and I only have that 3 days a week. How much protein is in an egg? I eat 2 eggs ever day. I could always have more <_<
    And I generally have some sort of meat for lunch and dinner too, but I don't know how fast it all adds up.

1. That's a start As long as you're gaining, no worries. Again, invest in peanut butter and whole milk. I love the stuff and it's so easy to get extra cals from them. If I'm ever low on calories, I bust out the PB and milk. 190 calories in one serving of PB, and 150 in one serving a whole milk. Throw both of those and some chocolate protein in a blender and you've got a pretty tasty snack. Good stuff.

2. You've got some good advice in there. Take it. Just do your best to sift through all the debate BS.

3. It's not that much really. It's easier than you think. I get on average 200 a day, and I'm 175LBs. Eggs only have 80 calories each usually, and only 6 grams of protein. It's not a ton. I typically eat 4-5 for breakfast, but I stay away from sausage, bacon, and all that since I'm on a cut. If you're on a bulk, pig out.

Look at the labels on everything you eat.

To give you an idea though, think of one large chicken breast. I eat them just about every day. Depending on how much it weighs, you're looking at anywhere between 60-80 grams of protein in that ONE chicken breast.

Add in a protein shake with whole milk, and that's another 28 grams of protein. That's potentially over 100 grams right there, not to mention about 600 calories total.

It might be wise to invest in a food scale. I have one, and it's a great investment if you're really serious about gaining/losing weight. I only paid about $30 for mine.

Register with Fitday and you can punch in exactly how many ounces that chicken breast weighed and get a really accurate reading.
    Last edited by Chris686; 05-28-2007 at 03:27 AM.
    Forever Goal: Strength

Weightlifting sucks. I just like to lift heavy things.

Thanks for all the [good] advice Chris!

This is my new routine; I'm going to test it out for the next 4 weeks and if I'm not getting anywhere, then I'll try out the backup plan <_<

Mon- Back/Triceps

Deadlift 4*8
    Chinups 3*8
    Shoulder Press 3*8

Wed-Legs

Squat 4*8
    Lunges 3*8
    Calf Extensions 3*8

Fri-Chest/Biceps

Flat Bench Press 4*8
    Dips 3*8
    Preacher Curl 3*8
    Abdominal Curls 3*8

Even though today is Monday, the Club is closed for Memorial Day. So This week will Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday instead.
    Last edited by freac; 05-29-2007 at 08:50 AM.

Tuesday-

Deadlifts:
    -10 (135)
    -8 (185)
    -6 (215)
    -6 (235)

Chinups:
    -8 (10)
    -8 (15)
    -5 (20)

Shoulder Press:
    -12 (40)
    -10 (45)
    -8 (65)

Deadlifts were great. I tried that "shoulders in front of the bar" thing I read about on here recently, and it works great imho.

Chinups were actually pretty good. Same weight I've been doing, bet more reps. Huh.

This is only the second time I've done shoulder press so I was just trying some new things. There is a Shoulder Press bench at my club, but I don't like how low the incline is, so I'm using an incline bench and the power rack (which I feel kinda bad about...but no one ever uses it anyways =/). First set was using a short bar, second was an olympic, and third was the olympic with 10's on either side. I'm gonna need a spotter when these get heavy...

Ok so. tbqh I change my mind again.

Mon-
    Squat
    Bench
    Chinups

Wed-
    Deads
    Dips
    Lunges

Fri-
    Squat
    Bench
    Shoulder Press
    Abs

So anyways the plan for today was Squat/Bench/Shoulder Press/Abs, and then the rest of the week off. But anyways I was Squatting and then inbetween sets I tried some of the stretches and stuff I saw in Sensei's video about lower back curviture or whatever...and then I tried Front Squat and OH Squat...I swear, the bar was empty. I never even imagined I could i9njure myself with an empty bar
    ALl I did was one reps OH Press; about 3 inches down I was losing my balance so I decided to pull out of it...just let the bar fall forward and caught it, racked it, whatever. Somewhere in there, though, I hurt my left shoulder. It kinda felt like bones cracking, but with muscles. <_<

It's pretty sore right now, but I think it should be all good as soon as Saturday. I hope. But mostly I just feel like Idiot of the week >_>

But I did finish my Squats, cuz that didn't bother my shoulder at least. Then I went home...

135x8
    175x8
    195x6
    195x6

I was supposed to move up again on the last set, but that just wasn't gonna happen today. Weird, I've done more in the past. *shrug*

Monday

Squats-
    10 x 135
    8 x 165
    6 x 185
    6 x 205

Bench-
    10 x 65
    8 x 85
    6 x 105
    3 x 115
    6 x 125
    6 x 135
    6 x 140

Shoulder Press-
    10 x Bar
    6 x 65
    4 x 65

I was wiped out by the time I got to Shoulder Press =/
    *shrug*

I've been sick (again) X_x
    But here's what I did last wednesday;

Deads:
    135x10
    195x8
    245x6

Lunges:
    50x8
    60x8
    70x8

Ab curls:
    25x8
    25x8
    25x8

Dips:
    15x7
    20x8

Ok, even BW Dips are brutal without Benching beforehand. Maybe I will do some light bench as a warmup for Dips...