Somewhere along the line I shifted from wanting to just look good to be powerful. I mean, really powerful. I've had my decent physique for a few years, hovering around a few hundred pounds, being sexy enough for the women.

But something changed.

A few days ago, I read an article on powerlifting. It was really cool. Reading up on the progress of others from start to finish in their powerlifting careers gave me a unexpected huge rush. Learning how these guys work so freakin hard to push themselves to the next level. Seeing how they lift hundreds of pounds. Hearing about the cheers of the crowd as the pull off a huge lift at a meet.

Somewhere along the road it started a desire, a hunger for this sport. Since then, I have immersed myself in the concept, techniques, meets, and people, finding those in my neighborhood who are into powerlifting.

I'm attending a meet Feb 24th, in Arlington, TX. I'll probably also make some trips to Houston to attend one of their many meets.

In the short term, I'm going to try out westside. In the long term, I'm going to compete in a powerlifting meet in 2008. In the longer term, I want to help coach a high school powerlifting team. I've been wanting to be involved with high school weightlifting for a while, so this aspect isn't very new.

Well, time to read up on Westside.