Thread: Please comment on breakfast timing.

Wannabebig Member

Please comment on breakfast timing.

Wherever I read, it says that you should have your breakfast pretty much first thing in the morning.

Here is my schedule. Getup at 6am. Take shower, get ready, have my lemon water (I drink it for health benefits on an empty stomach) before 7. By the time I get to work, I will have my breakfast at work just before 8 in the morning - around 2 hours after I wake up.

Am I doing myself disfavour by waiting so long to have breakfast?

If that's the case, I could have the lemon as soon as I get up and then breakfast after I finish showering, 1/2 or so after waking up.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon123 View Post
    Wherever I read, it says that you should have your breakfast pretty much first thing in the morning.

Here is my schedule. Getup at 6am. Take shower, get ready, have my lemon water (I drink it for health benefits on an empty stomach) before 7. By the time I get to work, I will have my breakfast at work just before 8 in the morning - around 2 hours after I wake up.

Am I doing myself disfavour by waiting so long to have breakfast?

If that's the case, I could have the lemon as soon as I get up and then breakfast after I finish showering, 1/2 or so after waking up.

Thanks.
    My first meal is roughly the same way, so I personally think you are fine.

Not without incident..... Mad Martigan's Avatar
    What are the health benefits of lemon water on an empty stomach? I usually blend my shake up shortly after I roll out of bed, while my coffee is brewing.

Wannabebig Member
    Follow the link to the article. I didn't have the time to read all of it, but I think it covers most of it. Also, if not mentioned in the article, some say that it 'aids' in weight loss as well.

http://www.proliberty.com/observer/20040711.htm

If someone is interested, I take one lemon to about 1 cup of warm water. My wife does the same - although I've read that women should split it 1/2 and 1/2 as 1 might be too much at one time considering that women weight much less in general than man do. For simplicity, she does one. The key here is on an empty stomach. We go through 14 lemons weekly...

It's one of those things that might pay dividents down the road...

Quote Originally Posted by falcon123 View Post
    Follow the link to the article. I didn't have the time to read all of it, but I think it covers most of it. Also, if not mentioned in the article, some say that it 'aids' in weight loss as well.

http://www.proliberty.com/observer/20040711.htm

If someone is interested, I take one lemon to about 1 cup of warm water. My wife does the same - although I've read that women should split it 1/2 and 1/2 as 1 might be too much at one time considering that women weight much less in general than man do. For simplicity, she does one. The key here is on an empty stomach. We go through 14 lemons weekly...

It's one of those things that might pay dividents down the road...
    Kind of like my ex girlfriend and her rock collection, she pays them, and offers them food, and tells me they will pay her back tenfold in the future...she is a Santera..