Thread: Help With COOKING On George Foreman Grill..

Help With COOKING On George Foreman Grill..

I just got a George Foreman grill for Valentine's Day from my girlfriend. I dont really understand how the damn thing works and what I can make on it! Help me out guys... I am guessing that you can make steak and chicken and sausage and eggs and things like that while the grease falls into the little tray right?

let it heat up, (wait for the orange light to go off) put the meat on the grill, close top. Grease etc will flow throught the grooves into little plastic pan, which is put under the front of grill. Meat is done cooking whener you think it looks good.

Slim Schaedle-
    What are some good choices for foods to make? Lean steak and beef, hamburgers I guess, chicken obviously.. anything else?

I make chicken all the time in my dorm room (never makes the fire alarm go off, hehe) I've made hamburegrs and steaks too. It cooks them good, but if i had to choose between a real grill and the formen, i like how a real grill cooks better. But the foreman is fast! One thing with chicken is that it may have a slight "cooked skin" where it's a bit tougher than the rest of the chicken. Once you make chicken for the first time, you'll see what i mean. I've never tried eggs or anything else like foremans book shows.

Slim Schaedle-
    Thanks bro. Yeah I will probably stick to making chicken and steak and things like that. One thing that I was wondering about was how do you season your chicken and lean steak to actually make it taste GOOD! What kind of beef? Eye of round?

I season the chicken two ways: Either put a few cuts in it, and pour the marinade, spices, whatever into them.. or do a butterfly cut (cut in half horizontal but for the very edge, resembles a butterfly when spread open) and put the spices/marinades, whatever inside. Do this the last minute or less of cooking, otherwise I find it just sorta runs out.

As to what kind of meat and all that, it doesn't matter. Just cook whatever you like.
    LaLa

MS - dude get eye of round.....some good shiat. or london broil top round. nice and lean. take a swig of flax afterwards or a lilcheese on top of meat and there ya go NHE.
    "In the grand scheme of things, both things are quite superficial(obsessed with being muscular&ripped and incredibly strong). And yet lifting can teach you so much. My time at the gym--at least when I'm lifting--is invariably the high-point of my day. There aren't any questions; I almost don't even think. I go into an almost meditative trance-like state. Day-to-day worries become insignificant. I'm focused solely on the weight, and my reason for existence is clear. To move the bar and to improve on what I accomplished last time. Seldom are things so simple." - Blood&Iron

"Most people cannot understand what burns in our blood, the gym is our addiction and iron is our drug. People don't understand why we commit hours a day to a goal where progress is so small it seems immeasurable, why we do cardio instead of watch TV, why eat 6 meals a day, why we insist on ordering diet soda or how we can drink skim milk. Most people will simply never grasp why we refuse to settle for a mediocre body." - Severed Ties

I season my Steak with Mrs. Dash....it is goooood
    "Do what you got to do. Walk through a place like you F'in own it. If people don't like it, F them, you'll get over it."

NYOTTO-
    Mrs. Dash?

hahaha, that is the name of the stuff. It is a mixture of all different spices.
    "Do what you got to do. Walk through a place like you F'in own it. If people don't like it, F them, you'll get over it."

Always bad with diet
    Hey Monstar, you mentioned eggs, right? Thats a question I was wondering myself. Can you cook eggs on that grill. Anyone ever try?

Simplistic
    I think it would be easier to just cook eggs in a pan, I use my foreman mainly for chicken and steak.
    Last edited by Neil; 02-16-2002 at 10:39 PM.

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    Cook with George Foreman grill? Dont people buy those so they dont have to cook? I have an old school white one, not one of the new fangled 'igrills'

You can cook anything in there, I recommend putting slits in your food, it cooks a bit faster that way.

Mrs Dash is great beacuse its just spices, no salt or crap like that.

So I gotta grab some Mrs. Dash.. got it. And just put slices in my chicken and steak?

yes.

cleaning sucks.
    "Then on leg day do squats, lunges, stiff legged deadlifts, fluffernutters, and calf raises."--Belial, training a newbie

PowermanDL on Russian culture: "Big furry hats come into play somewhere."

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." --Thomas Paine

WOW! Made filet mignon on my Foreman grill tonight and damn that sh*t tasted good! Tender and yummy! Going to be making that everyday!

Simplistic
    Filet Mignon! Damn you don't mess around. I go for the 2.99 a lb top cuts.
    Last edited by Neil; 02-17-2002 at 09:39 PM.