The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Please help, will doing the WBB I II and III hamper my ability to play ball?

Hey all,

I'm half way through my current 12 week program set to end once softball practices start in March.

I am interested in starting the WBB I training routine in March but I am wondering if I will lose mobility becasue of muscle mass and also how my kinetics will be affected.

I am not a kinesiologist and do not have the neccesary knowledge about how weightlifting affects specific sport. I know there is limits for different sports, Ive never seen a big weighlifter play professional tennis.

I also want to regain some of the speed I once had before getting into a motorcycle accident and having a newborn around the house..

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Muscle mass won't inhibit your mobility.

I would ask what your training goals are. Are you interested in being a better ball player, or being a successful competitive bodybuilder, or something else?
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Stagg View Post
    Muscle mass won't inhibit your mobility.

I would ask what your training goals are. Are you interested in being a better ball player, or being a successful competitive bodybuilder, or something else?

I want to be strong and quick but do not want to compete in bodybuilding. I want to be able to keep my competitive edge in baseball and tennis. I love pushing weights, always have and I would like to see myself grow physically as I do enjoy that aspect of bodybuilding.

Quote Originally Posted by darray View Post
    Ive never seen a big weighlifter play professional tennis.
    I have never seen a balet dancer in the NFL. Completely different professions. If you plan on being a competitive bodybuilder then maybe it would hinder sports someday...

If anything, training will make you better at sports...especially softball when you hit you will have more power.
    Last edited by Cirino83; 02-09-2007 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darray View Post
    Ive never seen a big weightlifter play professional tennis.
    What about the Williams sisters? They're hoouge and arguably the best in their sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    What about the Williams sisters? They're hoouge and arguably the best in their sport.

LMAO, yeah man you are so right, never even thought of those two