Thread: Growing: in the wrong ways, Loosing: in the wrong ways

Growing: in the wrong ways, Loosing: in the wrong ways

A month now my workouts have been limited to 20 min a day. Havent' squatted for three weeks as I recovered from an injury. For two weeks now I've had to eat crap. For two days now I've been sick.

I've put a half inch on my belly and ass. My lbm is heading down hill. My body fat is heading up hill. My weight is not changing.

I'm not happy with where I'm going. At best I'm coasting. At worst I'm loosing lbm and replacing it with fat.

Ironically virtually all of my lifts are still improving though. That's the only silver lining.

Well damnit I'm going to rededicate to my workout. I'm gonna get some of this focus the rest of you have. Today I'm getting over my cold - but TOMORROW.

I'm designing a new workout schedule to hit my legs hard, get back on the horse with my squats, - longer workouts, more sweat, more huffing and puffing. Same diet though, my diet is solid (now that we've got groceries again).

RAWR!

How do you figure your lean body mass is decreasing if your weight is staying the same and all your lifts are going up?

Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bjohnso View Post
    How do you figure your lean body mass is decreasing if your weight is staying the same and all your lifts are going up?
    I agree.

You're probably just gaining some fat and muscle and it looks like you're just wasting away because you are gaining more fat (in relation to muscle).

Sounds like you're going to hit em hard though. Thats all that matters anyways.
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

It's only been a month man. You aren't gonna turn into a fatass anytime soon. I took a month off recently and I admit I felt a bit sloppy. Two weeks back into it and I am doing fine. Just be sure to take time to recover from whatever injury you had.

Goodluck

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    Spelling "losing": in the wrong way.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

I'm thinking it's just messing with your head, you haven't lost anything. Relax