The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

A little confused..

Hello everyone, I've perused this site for a quite awhile now. I am a freshman in college. I worked out off and on throughout highschool. Although I was interrupted twice by a separated shoulder; once per shoulder. Last semester i worked out mon-thurs and didnt really have a schedule. I did:

Mon. chest/tri
    Tues. shoulders/bi
    Wed. Legs(not very good) back
    thurs. chest then a mix of whatever i felt like

Obviously, I didnt really know what i was doing. I started reading up on things over christmas break and now i'm doing WBB1. I'm sick of being the skinny kid. However i find it very hard to have a good diet while at school. Primarily because the school food is terrible and with my class schedule. I when i started last semester i weighed about 140-142 and my max bench was around 135. As of now i weigh 152-154 and my max bench is 175. I gained some strength but i didnt really put on that much mass. which is my goal. Oh and i'm 6'-6'1". i've been skinny my whole life. really sick of it. Now I remember when i use to read on here awhile ago whenever someone asked a question people usually responded to eat everything in sight. Is this what i should be going by still? I take 5g of GNC creatine monohydrate, a gnc mega man sport vitamin, and some crappy protein powder from walmart everyday. My crappy protein just ran out so i'll be getting some more.. most likely the gnc brand again. Now, my question. What should i try to eat. I know i should try to get 6 meals in ideally. However, the way my schedule works along with my meal plan i am able to eat 3 meals in the dinning hall a day: breakfast lunch and dinner. Whenever i have food in my dorm i usually snack most of the day. What types of things should i try to eat during these times? I'm sorry if this isnt very coherent. I just got done writing a 6 page paper on European history and i'm kind of out of it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks again.
    Scatr036

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Start with the basics, and go from there.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and assume you want to get bigger and stronger.

Worry about things in this order:

Calories
    Protein
    Everything else.

Your meal timing doesn't mean anything if you aren't eating for where you want to be. Want to be 200 pounds? Eat like you are. 3000 calories (+/-) a day. 200 g of protein a day. However you have to do that, do it.

Fill in the gaps when you have that down. Most likely, as you figure out how to eat that much, you'll find eating more often is a requirment, and you'll have a stash of tuna, ice cream, milk, etc in your dorm/apartment.
    Last edited by Paul Stagg; 02-11-2007 at 10:11 AM.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.