The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 102 of 183 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 4573
    romantic relations w/bacon Indifference's Avatar
    damn jed your growin up these days arent ya! Back definitely is looking wicked like everyone says. You look pretty intimidating in the face paint too ya know. Can I ask why your doing 20 rep squats? I mean are you masochistic or what?
    Oly Lifting + Some PL

#'s will be up when I know them

Awesome Squat and Press day Jed!

Looking big in those shots dude. Everything is working out well for you. Hard work is certainly paying off.

The blue darth maul is excellent. Suits you..ha!
    This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy - George Bernard Shaw

Brutal **** with the delt training and those squats guy.

Wheres the standing laterals? you need to bring out those medial delts dude!
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

nice power presses. your doing that rested on the back of your neck right? ****s pretty hard bro. I was doing 175 for reps and i thought i was gunna die.
    Last edited by fooz; 02-26-2009 at 10:40 AM.
    19 5'7 235
    No Belt/Wraps
    Squat ATG: 335x5
    Bench: 315x2
    Dead: 420x4

Journal:
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...-He-wants-MOAR!\

Quote Originally Posted by jed View Post
    bako - thanks dude, i really didnt know my back was that good. what makes everyone think that?
    Well developed traps and lower back running all the way down. Not looking too bad, bud. I'd say shoulders and chest are you weak points... but like everyone else who's under 200 lbs, everything is a weak point.

Awesome squats, broseph! There's no way I could touch that weight... even before. They're amazing for growth! I say keep them in your routine every few weeks or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Detard View Post
    Wheres the standing laterals? you need to bring out those medial delts dude!
    But can you REALLY shape a muscle, Detard???

Gym PRs: 365/240/440=1045

People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

The never-ending pursuit of becoming Strong(er) - My Westside journal

Jed, great work with the 20 rep squats... Really impressive. I may do them again next week. And really nice work on shoulder day!

I asked about the abs, cus that's the only other thing I noticed... maybe my obliques are just huge for some reason, but you are pretty lean, I expected to see more abs...
    5'8" 177 (meet PRs) ALL RAW

Bench - 290 (291) Pause reps Dead - 500 (479.5) Squat - 446 (430)

Total - 1236 (1168.4)

Goals: Bench - 280 met 1/19/09 new goal - 300 Squat - 435 met 11/28/09 new goal 475 Dead - 500 met 1/23/10 new goal 525

The Quest

Lookin great in the shots, man. I don't want to hear you complain about how you have no muscles, are so weak, blah blah blah, anymore. It just isn't true. Any of it. That 20 rep squat proves it too, lol. How long did it take to get painted up with that blue Darth Maul? **** had to take forever.

I think your front delts are lookin pretty damn large. Upper back is a no brainer, definitely from all your Cleans. Lats look fine and your arms are definitely not "too big" like you keep sayin. You've come a long ways, bro. Just keep goin with it. You've got to be one of the more jacked looking dudes in your class, no? Wish I looked like that at 17-18. ****, I wish I looked like that at 25, lol.
    32 yo - 5'6" - 170 lbs
    USAPL Meet PRs (Raw @154 lbs): 347 SQ, 242 BP, 507 DL, 1096 TOTAL
    Gym PRs: 370 SQ, 270 BP, 510 DL

The Riddle Of Iron - Kiaran's Garage Training Log

indy - haha, thanks my man. i asked my mom was masochistic meant this morning, and i have to somewhat say 'yes'. haha! in the weightroom i love to FEEL something happen to me i guess! but really im doing them because over anything ive ever done, the supersquats added the most to my squat.

flynn - thank you bro. means alot. darth maul was a bitch to paint.

coke - your continued support is continually awesome!

detard - i usually do them atleast once a week. did HBs today!

fooz - yeah man, without the pad im really careful on the decent. miss the traps and throw in a little bad luck and you could be messed up. thanks bro.

keith - interesting. do you mean delts and traps + chest, or just delts + chest? i will keep doing them until i can do 215x20 i think. then ill probably go till 225x20.

pain - thanks dudely. they were rough. yeah man i agree with you. although i think the fattest part of me would be my belly, i do need to add more mass there. my obliques are nonexistant as you brought up. i rarely do core. my core is strong, though, with my blessedly large spinal erectors. should i start doing core more often?

K - thanks man. i will simmer down on the bitching, but i still have plenty to improve on. the back whining will probly stop, but chest/delts wont until ive fixed the problem. the darth maul probably took close to 60 minutes of just painting. that doesnt include the 20 for the base coat of blue to dry yeh my front delts have always been fine. its my medial delts that just kill me. i want that cannonball shoulder look. yeah im one of the stronger and bigger ones in my class. thanks for the props man.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    PR's - Squat 350 | Bench 290 | Deadlift 400.4 | BW 203
    P Clean 98 KG | Jerk 106 | Full Clean 106 |
    Philippians 4:13 - "I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me."
    "I'm really impressed with your dedication. I will call it your jedication." - killxswitch
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

had a good workout today. kind of a mixer, but whatev.

pullups : 2x8, x6... im doing these full lockout now. feeling them even more with full rom.

GHR crunches : x10, +10lb 2x10

BB rows : 135 3x8

HB raises : 20lb 3x10... these were brutal. definitely doing these once if not twice a week. (HB = heavybomber raises)

seated cable rows : 120x10, 130x10, 140x10

BB calves : 225 3 sets

after a big day of eating yesterday, not to mention the 12 cups of milk, i weighed in at 189 today! i was wearing the norm : shorts, shirt, compressions and tennies. i checked, double checked then checked once more for something sitting on the scale or the weights being out of place, but everything was in line. ill take it! ties PR lol.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    "I'm really impressed with your dedication. I will call it your jedication." - killxswitch
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

Nice session for the back dude.

I think just 1 or 2 sets twice a week of really heavy weighted ab work would help your core as well... Try some decline situps with a 45 pound plate...
    5'8" 177 (meet PRs) ALL RAW

Bench - 290 (291) Pause reps Dead - 500 (479.5) Squat - 446 (430)

Total - 1236 (1168.4)

Goals: Bench - 280 met 1/19/09 new goal - 300 Squat - 435 met 11/28/09 new goal 475 Dead - 500 met 1/23/10 new goal 525

The Quest

**** dude nice! I need to weigh myself soon too. I'm waiting till I know i'm heavy enough to be like 192 or else i'll just get discouraged.
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

Jed congrats on the weight gain. What is your target weight (for now)?

Back session there was a good change up too btw. You are determined to get a set of wings man lol. Your hard work will pay off and to be honest, already has, as mentioned.
    This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy - George Bernard Shaw

thanks, coke.

painzer - sounds good. my 'GHR situps' are basically full decline situps, arent they? i get on the GHR backwards (so i can do a situp) and go all the way down and then all the way up.

dan - haha yeah thats what i try to do but sometimes when that scale looks so lonely i have to give it some love.

flynn - my target weight is 200 by summer. it was 200 by april but i had been eating sloppily for a while. yes i am determined to get those lats, because incase you didnt notice, i stand like i have ILS. its just the way i genetically walk and stand, but i need an excuse :P
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

well guys... im getting really sick. i havent got the usual winter bronchitis or flu yet, so im pretty sure the bronchitis is moving in. was coughing all day spitting out phlegm and sh**. so im gonna be eating as much as i can and lifting hard and hopefully itll only last a week or so.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

I hope you don't get worse, bro! Try to feel better. Lifts are looking impressive as always.

It's time to buy some firearms, my friend, before you're limited.

Nothing new with the truck, although I did add a nice black toolbox. That makes life a little easier. Wanting to do the lift kit with new wheels and tires, but money is a little funny right now.

Once again, man, feel better.
    Name: Justin Height: 6'2" Weight: 205 lbs. Age: 25

"Pick the right door, and you'll go free ... pick the wrong door, and there he'll be ..."

"It's the most fun in the park, when you're laughing in the dark!"

thanks beast. i am usually alright as long as i load up on enough meds. i really do need to get myself a firearm. i want an AR, but i dont have that kind of money. so im thinking maybe a handgun to start out and when i get enough spending money ill get myself an AR.

nice to hear about the toolbox bro. they add looks as well as functionality! i hear ya about the money issue, that stuff can get extremely expensive. even 'cheap' wheels are costly these days. my truck is out of commission right now, as the wheel came off at 70 mph. should be back up next week sometime.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

Quote Originally Posted by jed View Post
    keith - interesting. do you mean delts and traps + chest, or just delts + chest? i will keep doing them until i can do 215x20 i think. then ill probably go till 225x20.
    No man, your traps obviously aren't a weak point. Like I said, IMO, your chest and shoulders are your weak points (visually).

People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

Hope ya get better soon dude...always sucks to get sick but you'll get passed it soon enough.

keith - i just dint know if 'shoulders' included traps or not, for some people it does. my chest has gotten bigger to me personally, but not visually to anyone else. either way its progressing little by little.

borracho - thanks dude. i think its already starting to lighten up, but i dont want to jinx myself.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

Lookin good man. Good weight gaining too. How big do you plan on gettin?
    Sarvamangalam!

Hey Jed, rest up man. Hope you feel better soon.

thanks men. short term is 200 zen. id like to be a cut 210 at the end of 2009 though. not a bulked 210, a cut 210.

i did a little revising on my routine. took out some stuff that i never did and added in some more chest/delts stuff. its basically the same major stuff, and just added iso's and stuff.

day 1
    bb bench : 5x5
    bb rows : 4x8
    weighted dips : 5x5
    seated side laterals : 4x8
    handstand pushups
    core

day 2
    squat : 20 rep or 5x5
    glute ham raise : weighted 3x10
    incline DB press : 4x8
    HB raises : 4x8
    straightarm plate pullovers : 4x8
    calves

day 3
    deadlift : 5x5
    BB mili press 5x5
    chins : 5x5
    seated bent DB laterals : 4x8
    DB flyes : 4x8
    core

day 4
    clean & press : 5x3
    DB OH press : 4x8
    T bar row : 5x5
    cable laterals : 4x8
    DB bench : 4x8
    calves

core days consist of :
    hyperextensions 3x10
    crunches (twist, normal, reverse, cable, GHR)
    stick/bar twists

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK. im trying this for a month until my goal date of april. its not taking anything away, its just adding more chest/delt iso stuff. my workouts have been feeling good, but ive felt like i can add more to them. LET ME KNOW if theres anything you got to say!

painzer - your suggested cable tucks are included (crunches - cable) and keith your suggested reverse weighted crunches i think are included (crunches - glute ham raise). correct me keith if i am wrong on that. also, let me know of any oblique exercizes. only think i have is stick/bar twists and twist crunches. all the other oblique stuff is yoga-type. if tahts all that there is then so be it i guess.
    Last edited by jed; 03-01-2009 at 05:21 PM.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

Okay, hang on, I see some major overtraining here... how are these days broken up in your routine? And if you want to be a lean 210 by the end of this year you better hit the juice pretty ****ing hard. Not to kill your dream, but I wouldn't shoot for such an extreme goal. I would continue to do a slow bulk to 210 and see if you're happy with your BF%, though. And if you know anyone that calls their traps, shoulders, push their face and call them an idiot. I'm not sure what you're asking me about the reverse crunches? No need to train your obliques, IMO. If you're going for aesthetics here, no need to widen your waist. You'll get plenty of core strengthening/building through any direct ab work (reverse crunches) and all other major compound movements.