The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 131 of 183 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 4573
    Lots of bench volume in that last session jed. Looks solid duder. Had you not hit two prior sets of 10, you would have obliterated the 225 for sure.

Look after the actual important things financially and the rest can wait. You have your head screwed on. You'll work it all out.
    This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy - George Bernard Shaw

Dude, I found this thing laying almost on page 5. Shocking, I know. I'm pulling it out of the crapper and you had better post something this week. I don't care if it is 10 pushups and 5 jumping jacks. Hope everything is going alright, bro.
    32 yo - 5'6" - 170 lbs
    USAPL Meet PRs (Raw @154 lbs): 347 SQ, 242 BP, 507 DL, 1096 TOTAL
    Gym PRs: 370 SQ, 270 BP, 510 DL

The Riddle Of Iron - Kiaran's Garage Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by Kiaran View Post
    Dude, I found this thing laying almost on page 5..
    And I am bumping it from the bottom of page 2...get to work!...Like I am one to talk huh?

Hey dude...just poppin my head in. Looks like the chest is still doing well and I am sure everything will follow. Good luck with the moving out/bills..sucks at first but you get used to it and adjust your ways of living in no time and then life is good.

man, guys, sorry for bein so inactive. ive been so busy working as much as i can before i move into my apartment when class starts the 22nd. i put in 58 hours in 6 days last week. been spending money like crazy on books and leases and deposits and stupid sh**. been way too stressed to even think about lifting for a while, i need to focus on what i have to get done every freakin 2 minutes. after i move in and get settled i will get a schedule figured out and will be lifting 3x a week at the least. extremely sorry for inactivity on everyyones journals. ive been dropping in but have really no extra time or energy to comment at the moment. thanks for your support guys.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    PR's - Squat 350 | Bench 290 | Deadlift 400.4 | BW 203
    P Clean 98 KG | Jerk 106 | Full Clean 106 |
    Philippians 4:13 - "I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me."
    "I'm really impressed with your dedication. I will call it your jedication." - killxswitch
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

No worries at all, bro. Sounds like you've had the typical crazy summer that happens before you leave for college. Crazy to think you'll be living on your own soon, haha. It'll be cool to see you back in the gym on a regular schedule this fall. Those are stressful but also fun times, bro. Live it up and just have a good time, but don't forget the ultimate goal of why you're doing what you do. I've asked you this like a hundred times, where are you going to school again? Cali? Got any roommates setup?
    32 yo - 5'6" - 170 lbs

Awesome seeing you spread your wings this way man!!

Dude I know exactly how you're feeling right now. Starting in June I had to pay 1175 for Rent and security deposit... then 475 per month after that, a 743 dollar per month from June - August tuition bill for my summer classes, 150 cell phone bill (need a BB and I put my mom on my plan b/c she was having problems paying hers), and I eat like an animal lol. All out of pocket. Now the semester is coming up and gonna have to buy books again I need to start paying the lottery.
    Where you gonna be staying? Don't let everything stress you out just do what you gotta do and put the small things that aren't necessities to the side. We'll miss your posting but you gotta worry about yourself first.

K - thanks for the words bro. haha im not goin to cali, im goin to a community college in iowa then to a university for my major. its only like 40 minutes from home but im living in the city its in. me and 2 other good friends and living in an apartment, along with another random roommate thats pretty cool.

coke - thanks bro, it shud be a fun ride.

dblock - thanks for the words too. sucks for you but nice to hear someone elses story about the same situation ya know. im staying in the city where my school is. cedar falls if youve ever heard of it.

well men im finally set up and moved in to my apartment. alot of the stress is off me now. classes start in a week which im looking forward to really. ill be able to manage myself like im used to. school, work, left, etc. i should be lifting again within the week. will probably enter slowly though, its been a looong break! i love living without parents. me and my roommates are pretty OCD about cleaning, so when we wake up the place is pretty much clean as it was when we moved in. it will be a fine time.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    "I'm really impressed with your dedication. I will call it your jedication." - killxswitch
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

first day back today! pretty good workout... working out in the college weightroom now. its adequate i suppose, with kettlebells.

HB raises : 20 lb 3x10

2 hand kettlebell front raises : 35 3x10 (id imagine this is 35 kilos?)

bench : 135 warmup, 185x10, 185x8, 185x7

DB bench : 55x10, x8, x7 failure...

DB tri extension : 55 3x10 solid.

glute ham situps : 10 lb 3x10

reverse crunches : 2x10

and done. feels great to be back!!
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

Nice job Jed!!

Good to see you back at it!!

I hope it was 35 kilos......
    This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy - George Bernard Shaw

thanks flynn! it felt great, my DOMS is crazy today lol! will lift MWF for now till i get conditioned to hit up 4x again. muahahha
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

What up brosef! Im sure youre sore after the hiatus! Im back around so youll see me more often again. Im out of school til spring semester!
    Sarvamangalam!

sounds great zen glad youre back more! thats a long break man!
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

Quote Originally Posted by jed View Post
    sounds great zen glad youre back more! thats a long break man!
    Yea... I graduated in August and it was too late to apply for fall. So Ive got a break but Im learning 2 languages and buffing up on my ancient greek history, philosophy and rhetoric. So, its gonna be no walk in the park but I dont have to worry about being graded.
    Sarvamangalam!

awesome dude what languages are you learning??
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

Quote Originally Posted by jed View Post
    awesome dude what languages are you learning??
    Attic Greek and Sanskrit (two dead languages). Ill be translating ancient greek texts and ancient hindu and buddhist texts in hopes to find a common thread of belief insofar as philosophy and ethics are concerned from about 800BC - 300BC. Basically at the beginning of recorded history. Thats what I hope to do my dissertation on but mostly it will set me up for a solid professor position in english, philosophy, and history. I already know latin and a few other languages so hopefully it wont be too bad.
    Last edited by ZenMonkey; 08-25-2009 at 02:32 PM.
    Sarvamangalam!

Nice to have you back bro. Strength is still there too you'll probably be back to PR numbers in 2 weeks. Looking forward to seeing you hit some big weights again. 315 bench this semester??

Good to see you around again dude. What you weighing in at? HAve you bulked up to 135lbs yet?
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

zen - sounds like some crazy stuff dude. best of luck with that! one of my classes western civ includes greece and stuff so i might have to come to you for some help

dblock - thanks bro! i actually do plan on hitting 315 by the end of semester if my muscles cooperate and get back up to strength eventually.

dan - thanks mano, im glad to be back. actually im still weighing 190 surprisingly, lols.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

Nice workout! Welcome back!! How is week one of college life ?

week one kicks ass dude. So many hot women, drinking everyday if you want, and only got 15 hours of class total a week! Its gonna be great.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

Glad to see you back at it, work hard and play hard man.

thanks coke my man.

good workout today. have been easing back into the workouts. trying for 2 a week, progress to 3 then get back into the swing of 4 if things work out. my DOMS has been crazy.

pullups : x16, x8, x7... think the 16 wore me out pretty well!

goodmornings : 135 3x10

lat pulls : 130x10, 110 2x10

lower back extension : 3x10

abs : glute ham sitsx10, reverse crunchesx10, cable crunchesx10, uneven bendsx10

weighing at 188 on electronic scale, so hard to say how off that is. still, not bad.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

I hear ya on the crazy DOMS, man. Cool that you got moved into your place and setup with your internet and all that stuff. Enjoying the real world? It's not so bad once you get your routine down. So you're going to a community college and a university or just a community college to prep you for the university? I was a bit confused I think. Good looking session there and sounds like you have a good battle plan to get ramped back up, bro.
    32 yo - 5'6" - 170 lbs

Nice session there...3 days a week is optimal imo, anything more really is not necessary unless you compete.