Page 158 of 183 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168 ... LastLast
Results 3,926 to 3,950 of 4573

Thread: The Epic Tale of Jed, Conquerer of Iron!

John and Coke - Thanks for the support as always men.

Keith - Gotcha, I will try to pay attention to the elbows next time. I see what you mean. I downloaded that Movie Maker, looks pretty cool. Now do you know if there's any way to put YouTube videos on your computer for editing, or do I have to have them on my PC in the first place? See, what I do is upload them straight to YouTube using my phones WiFi so I don't have to bother putting em on my PC at all.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    PR's - Squat 350 | Bench 290 | Deadlift 400.4 | BW 203
    P Clean 98 KG | Jerk 106 | Full Clean 106 |
    Philippians 4:13 - "I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me."
    "I'm really impressed with your dedication. I will call it your jedication." - killxswitch
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

I upload the videos on my computer, edit them in Movie Maker, then upload them onto YouTube. Then you can delete the videos off your computer. I don't know of any way to take YouTube videos and edit them. I think once they're up, they're up.

Gym PRs: 365/240/440=1045

People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

The never-ending pursuit of becoming Strong(er) - My Westside journal

Ah okay. Might just have to do that then. Just thought it was pretty "cool" to straight upload to youtube and not have to bother with puttin em on the PC.

Kinda an embarrassing workout today! It's good though. All i'm worried about is my squat and bench. I don't plan on deadlifting much.

Coventional Deadlift
    135x5
    185x3
    225x1
    275x1
    295x1
    305x0

295x1
    Video

305x0
    Video

Pretty sad but what can you do. I gave it my all at least! Never thought i'd see the day where my deadlift is within 10 pounds of my squat, lol. Pretty embarassing but i'm not too worried about it. Back felt alright through the whole deal, we'll see how it feels tonight and tomorrow. If it feels alright I might consider doing it more often. Form felt pretty decent for not deadlifting in over 6 months.
    Last edited by jed; 09-25-2010 at 12:42 PM.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    "I'm really impressed with your dedication. I will call it your jedication." - killxswitch
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

Try sitting back even more and exploding off the floor. Dunno, it just looks like you're not giving it all you have in the very beginning and you can't get any momentum going.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

Your form actually looks great from that angle. If your back isn't irritated from doing a true ME attempt like you did, why not add it into your routine where you'd be using less weight for higher reps? It's the max loads that would be your concern, right? And I know it's tough to swallow at this point, but you'll be right back up there once you do it on a regular basis very quickly and you know it.

People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

6 months away from any lift, especially the deadlift has consequences. If you can do it with the back it's a great all-around strength builder.

The deads aren't looking bad at all though, good form in the vid...I'm inclined to agree with Keith, lighter weights on the movement with reps would do you a world of good considering your former back plight.

Glad to see you doing them deads Jed.
    Last edited by Coke; 09-25-2010 at 05:19 AM.

Bro, your squats looked real good there. Good depth and piece of cake. Looked heavy up top. I bet once you get used to holding heavier loads up there, youre gonna be puttin up 350+ easy. No worries on the Military Press and Deadlift. Are you gonna fire up the 5-3-1 cycle? I think it would do you a lot of good, bro. I use Windows Movie Maker (comes with most standard Windows installs) to edit my vids. Really easy. I just drag video into the open app and start cliping where I want to. Then just save it to whatever rate you want.

For those deads, you just got a muscle imbalance it looks like. You're probably gonna pull how you're gonna pull. Start Deadlifting more and it will go up. Your lower back looks like it is slow. I got the best gains on my deadlift when I switched to LowBar Squats. The carryover was huge. Get more vids of your deadlift up and I'll offer some more tips, bro. You're doing great, keep moving forward...no looking back.
    32 yo - 5'6" - 170 lbs
    USAPL Meet PRs (Raw @154 lbs): 347 SQ, 242 BP, 507 DL, 1096 TOTAL
    Gym PRs: 370 SQ, 270 BP, 510 DL

The Riddle Of Iron - Kiaran's Garage Training Log

Vain - Thanks for the advice. How do you suggest exploding off the floor? Whenever I try doing that, it seems like my hips just shoot straight up and form goes to crap.

Keith - Glad to hear my form looks good, I wasn't so sure. I was waiting to see how my back felt to see if i'm going to throw them in. I'm going to for now. It is the max loads that concern me, yes. So we'll see how it feels week by week.

john - I agree. Deadlifts are a great lift, especially when I do them conventionally I can really feel them helping me. Back > Deads though, so if it doesn't allow it it won't happen.

Coke - I appreciate hearing your thoughts man. Valuable information.

Keph - Thanks for the words dude. Yeah squats felt a bit shaky up top - it's been literally probably 8 months since I've had anything on my back over 250 pounds. I'd love to squat 350+... I can see it in the future too if my back cooperates. Yes, I noted a few posts up that i'm firing 531 back up. Best program i've ever been on and most success i've ever had, so I think I would be an idiot to not do it. Sounds like you and Keith use the same movie thing, i've got it downloaded. What do you mean by my "lower back looks slow"? I know it's weak that's for sure; haven't conditioned it or anything for a while, just been letting it sit and heal. I'll get more vids up and try to work on the angle too. Thanks bro-dog.

Some amature softcore food pr0n for you guys, lulz.
    Last edited by jed; 09-26-2010 at 10:41 PM.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

I don't plan on deadlifting much.
    Boooooo!

They could actually help your back if you train smart! An ME attempt after a 6 month hiatus prob aint the best plan of attack, lol. You are really back at it though Jedley. Really pleased for you mate. I will catch the vids later on my home PC. Oh, and that food pr0n doesnt show up on my work PC either.......goddammit!!!
    This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy - George Bernard Shaw

Thanks for the kind words Flynnly. Man, they really dont like pr0n over at your worksite eh? You're not missing much, it's not that cool of a pic.

Great workout today fellas. I already know starting up 531 will not be a mistake at all. I really missed this program, and I remember why.

Cycle 1 Week 1 555 Bench

Bench

135x3
    135x3
    145x5
    170x5
    190x14... hehe.

Flat DB Press

45x10
    45x10
    45x10
    45x10
    45x10

Chins Palms Out

BW 10
    BW 10
    BW 10
    BW 8
    BW 8
    BW 4
    = 50

Cable Rope Tricep Pushdown

70x10
    70x10
    70x10
    70x10
    70x10

Annnnd DONE. Holy hell was this a nice one. I feel the strongest I have felt in literally about 6 or 7 months. My back felt comfortable on bench even with a more aggressive arch than usual. Chins surprised me, I felt light on those and was able to hit 3 sets of 10 before I couldn't do another full set. I got a little rough with a lady the other night and my elbow's having some tendon flare, but hoping it will be calm by next week. Was only a problem with cable pushdowns today.

I decided to go with the "Periodization Bible" type of assistance work. Directly from the book :

Day 1 Military Press (5/3/1)
    Shoulders or Chest 5 sets of 10-20 reps (DB bench, DB Incline, DB Military, Incline press, Dips, Pushups)
    Lats or Upper Back 5 sets of 10-20 reps (DB rows, Bent Over Rows, Chins, T-bar Rows, Lat Pulldowns, Face Pulls, Shrugs)
    Triceps 5 sets of 10-20 reps (Triceps Pushdowns or Triceps Extensions)

Day 2 Deadlift (5/3/1)
    Hamstrings 5 sets of 10-20 reps (Leg Curls, Glute-Ham Raise)
    Quads 5 sets of 10-20 reps (Leg Press, Lunges, Hack Squats)
    Abs 5 sets of 10-20 reps (Sit-ups, Hanging Leg Raises, Ab Wheel, DB Side Bend)

Day 3 Bench Press (5/3/1)
    Shoulders or Chest 5 sets of 10-20 reps (DB bench, DB Incline, DB Military, Incline press, Dips, Pushups)
    Lats or Upper Back 5 sets of 10-20 reps (DB rows, Bent Over Rows, Chins, T-bar Rows, Lat Pulldowns, Face Pulls, Shrugs)
    Triceps 5 sets of 10-20 reps (Triceps Pushdowns or Triceps Extensions)

Day 4 Squat (5/3/1)
    Low Back 5 sets of 10-20 reps (Reverse Hyper, Back Raise, Good Morning)
    Quads 5 sets of 10-20 reps (Leg Press, Lunges, Hack Squats)
    Abs 5 sets of 10-20 reps (Sit-ups, Hanging Leg Raises, Ab Wheel, DB Side Bend)

My days will be Bench, Squat, Mili, Deadlift though instead of Mili, Deadlift, Bench, Squat.

190x14 Bench
    Video

Cheers gents

Brothers that use Movie Maker - I have tried to edit this video, but when I save it it goes to an error that says check if the original file is still in place, that you have enough memory, or something else. I know all three are fine, so i'll try to look for another program. Let me know if you know of any others. I don't know what this ones deal is, but I f***ed around with it for like 30 minutes to no avail.
    Last edited by jed; 09-27-2010 at 02:32 PM.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

14 reps is outstanding Jed! Your strength is already good and 5-3-1 is going to bring it to another level.

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    Boooooo!
    x287438493.

Your food pr0n is soft! Throw in a bunch of some sour cream, salsa, even lettuce, then add more beef... and more cheese. Then a bit more beef. It should be good then.

Damn you and your benching!! 190x14 is sick!! Your pressing strength is already so much stronger than mine. You're going to start taking off from here on out. I look forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by jed View Post
    I got a little rough with a lady the other night and my elbow's having some tendon flare, but hoping it will be calm by next week.
    Did you fukcing elbow her in the face?! Did she kick your ass then kicked you to the ground and you made a boo-boo on your elbow?! What in the hell happened???

Brothers that use Movie Maker - I have tried to edit this video, but when I save it it goes to an error that says check if the original file is still in place, that you have enough memory, or something else. I know all three are fine, so i'll try to look for another program. Let me know if you know of any others. I don't know what this ones deal is, but I f***ed around with it for like 30 minutes to no avail.
    Zuh? Never seen that before. It's always worked for me.

Good luck with the new plan, got a lot of work cut out with that routine.

^ LOL at Keith's post.

So yeah, your bench is a freak show. 190x14?! **** you. No really, put some more weight on the ****ing bar because it's TOO ****ING LIGHT for you. Damn good ****, broseph. Can't wait to see what 531 does to you. Gonna be repping 225 like it's nothing.

So I too am wondering how the **** you threw your elbow out with your lady friend? Doin some sort of crazy **** with handstand pushups or what? I mean, my hip flexors and legs are sore from last weekend with my friend...but elbows? Nah bro, that ain't right.........lol.....alright, alright. But seriously LOL, you're the man Jed.

Movie Maker:

1) Drag your movie into the little app window
    2) Use the "Clip" menu at the top and select "Set a start trim point" and "Set an end trim point" respectively
    3) Use the "File" menu and select "Save Movie File..."
    4) Little dialogue box pops up and select "My Computer...", name the **** and pick where to save it, and finally select "Other settings: Video for LAN (1.0 Mbps)"

If you **** this up I am gonna fly out there and kill you.
    32 yo - 5'6" - 170 lbs
    USAPL Meet PRs (Raw @154 lbs): 347 SQ, 242 BP, 507 DL, 1096 TOTAL
    Gym PRs: 370 SQ, 270 BP, 510 DL

The Riddle Of Iron - Kiaran's Garage Training Log

john - Thanks d00dz.

Keith - FU man. Just cause I don't like all that nasty shizt on my taco's doesn't mean i'm a terrible, terrible person. I said softcore for a reason, anyways. I'm glad you're pissed at me from my pressing, that gives me all the more reason to do better next week mother f***er! No elbows in her face, or her kicking my ass. I'm not that much of a pansy. I don't mean like serious bruise/torn tendon type stuff, just some flare up of the old tendonitis. I really don't think I don't have to go into depth about what motions could result in minor tendon abuse when performing intimate actions on a female. If you can't figure it out, which i'm sure you'll say you can't just for sh**s, i'll tell you straight up. LULZ.

Coke - Thanks for the words my man.

Kepher - Hey man thanks for the words. The benching seemed super light I agree, but I was hoping to hit 8-9 reps at most, not expecting 14 at all. I will keep the weight the same, volume always works well for me and that's how I started last time with 531 and it worked splendidly. I can't wait to start repping 225 again. Lolfest at you and Keith's assumptions about the lady. More info up in his reply from me. 'I didn't throw it out'! I followed your Movie Maker steps to a T, and to no avail. Still got the same error. The only thing I can think of is the format my default/beginning vids are. What format are yours when you start? I have a vid converter so if yours are different I can try that.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

I really don't think I don't have to go into depth about what motions could result in minor tendon abuse when performing intimate actions on a male.
    For real? I knew you came out to me on msn, but I never thought you'd come out of the closet on WBB. I admire your courage and bravery.

I followed your Movie Maker steps to a T, and to no avail. Still got the same error. The only thing I can think of is the format my default/beginning vids are.
    The only thing I can think of is that you failed kindergarten. I don't know how those instructions could get more direct.

First off, holy f*** those tacos look amazing!!! I'm so going to get like 7 tacos after work today!!

Second, I agree with the exploding off the floor a little bit more for the deadlift. You definately could have completed that pull with a little bit more momentum. No worries though...next time you got that s***!

Last but not least, good luck with the periodization bible template that you've got going on. I'm 12 cycles into the 5/3/1 and I'm still not certain as to what the best type of assistance work is for me. I like bodybuilding/conditioning stuff personally, but I'm not sure if that has the best carryover to getting stronger in the main lifts.

Post more food Pr0n!
    How to Find Your Dream Job
    My personal blog/website dedicated to giving answers on the age old question - how to escape the "rat race". I now play guitar for a living!

Omg Keith. F*** you. Seriously, LOL. You're too funny. But seriously no, what type of default movie files are yours? I'm actually pretty smart with computers so i'm sure something is up.

Bri - Heh, thanks man. Glad my pr0n could impress SOMEONE. I'll try with the exploding off the floor thing. Any tips you have about exploding without letting your hips shoot up/ form go to crap then i'm all ears. I am loving the periodization bible so far. I like BB style myself, and this seemed the most applicable to my style. I love volume and hitting different parts of my body.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

Pretty solid workout today mates.

Cycle 1 Week 1 555 Squat

Squat High Bar
    Bar Warmup
    135x3
    165x5
    Add belt.
    190x5
    215x10

Low Back Extension
    BW 10
    BW 10
    BW 10
    BW 10
    BW 10

Leg Press
    250x10
    250x10
    250x10
    250x10
    250x10

Decline Crunch
    25+BW 10
    25+BW 10
    25+BW 10
    25+BW 10
    25+BW 10

Done. Wanted to hit 10 reps for squat and I got them just barely. I tried to put my elbows our front more like y'all said. And also I notice that my legs tend to buckle a small amount, nothing serious. I try to focus on keeping them out during the lift. What else will improve this? My lower back was already pretty toasted from yesterdays session for some reason, and the extensions and squats will only add to it. Going to take Wednesdays off I think and make it a Mon-Tues Thurs-Fri split. The extensions felt great though on my back, no pain in the nerves, just soreness/pump. Leg press was pretty cool, will try to add weight next week if I choose to go with it.

190x5
    Video

215x10
    Video
    Last edited by jed; 09-28-2010 at 04:33 PM.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

Nice squat session Jed! Keep that back strong. I can't view the vid from this computer. I'm sure someone else can help you though. Are you sitting back enough?

Nice squats brah. I can't remember, do you ever low bar squat? Made a big difference for me when I switched from high to low.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

Fine day with the squats and all guy.

I really don't think I don't have to go into depth about what motions could result in minor tendon abuse when performing intimate actions on a female.
    You must have been missionary-positioning the **** outta her! You wild man! (Note: Not a compliment)

Awesome pressind Jedson...you'll be throwin around 2pps like nothing in no time (or next time)..which ever comes first.