Page 170 of 183 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180 ... LastLast
Results 4,226 to 4,250 of 4573

Thread: The Epic Tale of Jed, Conquerer of Iron!

Thanks for the words dudes. Agreed kill, the second clean looked better - my back was straighter. Coming out of the hole was rough though, my rebound was non-existent. Lawl fooz, I got really high standards for myself. I've always been lean and really don't like to see much fat on myself at all. You just needa get your ass back into shape like you used to be!!!

Vain... thanks for the input. Most of the fats I cut, to clear it up, were saturated and trans. I would eat 10 Oreos for dessert and a Double Fudge thing from hostess for a sweet snack, about every day - maybe some ice cream too. On top of sh** like deep-fried tenderloins, chicken, pork and stuff, frozen pizzas, etc. Tasty crap. Nasty crap. I know mono and poly are good for you. After knowing that, do you still suggest increasing?

I'll try to focus on carbs. To be honest I don't think they affect me much lifting-wise, but I have never really tried a no-carb/low-carb diet. Actually what I did last year when I was becoming a fatass I high-carbed and low-fatted and it worked for a bit, then all my back stuff came into play so I never really got to figure it out much. Right now I weigh about 206 - I've lost 6 lbs in about 14 days, and don't feel much weaker and can run easier. If you suggest the low-carb way, can you hook me up with what your diet looks like or some links? I know you had a strict low carb diet for the longest time.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    PR's - Squat 350 | Bench 290 | Deadlift 400.4 | BW 203
    P Clean 98 KG | Jerk 106 | Full Clean 106 |
    Philippians 4:13 - "I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me."
    "I'm really impressed with your dedication. I will call it your jedication." - killxswitch
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

I'd shoot for at least 75 grams of fat, but yeah definitely clean that shit up lol. Most of my fat comes from meat, eggs, olive oil, cheese, etc. When I splurge and go crazy with sugar I try to keep fat low. I definitely think big insulin spikes affect fat storage.

I would try a carb cycling diet if you haven't yet. I got good results with refeeds twice a week, Wednesday and Sunday. Try refeeding once a week to start; I didn't have to add in second day until I started getting fairly lean. Keep protein where you normally would, at least 1 gram per pound of body weight. Use fat to hit your caloric goal. Keep cabs to an absolute minimum. On your refeed day, literally eat as much food as you can, though I'd try to limit fat. Just pound the carbs all day.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

Really, 75g? That's a lot more than I expected. You take in at least 75g and remain that lean, with your carb cycling? What was your saturated/trans to mono/poly ratio? Could you throw out some numbers for carbs and about what I should be hitting on normal low days? And i'm guessing 90% of them should be complex, or no? I'll definitely have trouble hitting that protein intake - is whey okay? And about how many calories should I be taking in on low days...? I'm thinking about 25-2800. I only had to bring in about 3500 of sh** to gain weight, surprisingly. I'm definitely in no huge hurry to get lean but I would like to lose this chub bullsh** by summer/mid-summer. Questions galore, I know... Thanks for helping me dude, very knowledgable fellow.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    "I'm really impressed with your dedication. I will call it your jedication." - killxswitch
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

Howdy. Crazy oly lifting man - I've been practicing power cleans for about a month now and I'm just going to start adding weight. I do teach myself though, so that's probably another reason lol

Anyway, I'll be following. Good luck bro

I don't follow a specific ratio for fats but I try to get them from plenty of healthy sources.

Whey is definitely ok, as long as it's not making up the majority of your protein.

When I was going low carb, it was literally no carbs during the week; like maybe 20 grams total. Refeeds would be 500 - 1000 grams carbs. I would take it as slow as possible to maintain strength since your goal isn't to be super lean. Start out at 2800 - 3000 calories.

Sweet thanks for the numbers dude. If I start feeling drained should I add a second refeed day? Yeah my goal isn't to be 'super lean', per se, but I definitely want to see my six pack and see veins on my arms, delts and maybe calves/quads. Not popping out of my flesh veins, but I want them to be there - they are non-existent right now. My main harp is my gut fat, that's were the majority is - it's really nasty and needs to be gone.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

Yeah if you feel like your workouts are suffering throw in a second, smaller refeed. Something like 250 - 500 grams carbs. You could also try what I've been doing lately; eating carbs 1 - 2 hours before and 1 - 2 hours after my workouts. Rest of the time is low carb.

Interesting man... So just from a bit of research it looks like I can eat the following...

Broccoli
    Green beans
    Carrots
    Cauliflower
    Grapes
    Strawberries
    Chicken breast
    Beef
    Steak
    Eggs
    Bacon
    Cheese
    Italian dressing

I know there's a ton more to eat but i'm pretty picky and I only looked at a few sites. Chicken breast will be awesome cause my buddy knows how to make a mean tasting breast and i'll have him teach me so that will help.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

Damn Jed, you are killing these Oly lifts!!! That's awesome. What made you get started with all this recently? Just looking for a change or something?

Also, what diet are you planning on following? I like the looks of it. I'm away on a work trip right now, and I'm eating like garbage, so I definitely want to clean things up A LOT when I get back home. Your food list looks like just what I need too!
    How to Find Your Dream Job
    My personal blog/website dedicated to giving answers on the age old question - how to escape the "rat race". I now play guitar for a living!

Hey Bri my man. Well it all started when I figured out we had a former 2-time Olympian from China coaching down the hallway. I love lifting normally and all, but this was something I couldn't turn down. So I went in and that's how it all got started - it's a great small group of folks (about 15 or so serious people) that are really helpful and all encouraging. Definitely something new and challenging for me to do!!!

The diet i'm not too sure about myself, i'm hoping Vain will stop by again soon and help me out. He follows the low/no-carb deal, where he eats 0-20~ grams of carbs 5-6 times a week, and does one day of all out pig-out-fest, getting up to 1000 carbs in a day, called 'refeeds'. Then you go back to the no carbs for another 6 days, repeat. If you've ever looked at him it obviously works - he's lean as hell and big to boot. On the fruits/veggies though, i've been terrible w/ eating those for my whole life, and just recently i'm starting it up and it's awesome. At least 1 serving of fruit a day and 1 serving of veggies, it has already helped a lot.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

If you like to grill there is a near endless number of ways to cook chicken to keep it interesting. Different rubs, marinades, and sauces that add few or zero calories. I love spicy food and adding heat usually doesn't add any calories so I like using that to great effect.

The grill is your friend, dude! I've been eating nothing but chicken for the last 5 years at work for lunch and people always give me shit about it...but because its so versatile/cheap/easy to cook I dont ever get bored with it...and if I do get bored with it then I treat my fat ass to a steak

That's awesome man! Tear that shit up!

Sounds like you're doing basic keto, only with fruits added in your no carb days. That will surely get you very lean! Apparently you maintain strength very well in ketosis. Good luck, and im interested in seeing your progress.
    How to Find Your Dream Job
    My personal blog/website dedicated to giving answers on the age old question - how to escape the "rat race". I now play guitar for a living!

jed must be on a sooper secret gubbmint mission already.

TJW
    Congrats on the clearance going through; I know how much of a pain that can be. Who are you interning with in D.C. if you don't mind me asking? I live like 15min outside of D.C.

Quote Originally Posted by jed View Post
    Interesting man... So just from a bit of research it looks like I can eat the following...
    I know there's a ton more to eat but i'm pretty picky and I only looked at a few sites. Chicken breast will be awesome cause my buddy knows how to make a mean tasting breast and i'll have him teach me so that will help.
    I bet your mom has some mean tasting breasts.

Hey dudes... it's been months. I feel like an asshat for not posting in so long. You fellas have given me so much support over the years, and for the 10th time I plan on starting to get back into it. Internship in DC was ace, did a lot of cool stuff which I obviously can't really post on the internet. I've got a summer 2012 internship on lock also with Iowa's Capitol, Des Moines, Police Department. School has been taking up most of my time; getting a 4 year degree at a 4 year college is no friggin joke. This crap sucks arse. I've been running, swimming, doing a little OLY lifting, and doing quite a bit of Tae Kwon Do with my dad as of late. Hope everyone is doing well, regardless of activity on the forums or not!!
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

Obviously have your priorities set and appear to be doing very well. Hope the next internship is as awesome as the last one. You are doing great, happy to see you lay the groundwork for future success.
    Last edited by Coke; 11-20-2011 at 05:00 PM.

Just a little update. Have had 4 X-rays, a CAT and an MRI on my elbow. They have officially found "loose bodies" AKA a chunk/chunks of bone and/or cartilage floating around in my joint, causing pain when I move to extend it. It's either that or Osteochondritis Dissecans which is basically the same thing but I think it means it's still kind of attached and not floating around. Either way, I'm gettin surgery here soon on it. A quick arthroscopic surgery will do the deed well.

If it is the "OCD" mentioned above, he might have to drill into my humerus tiny little channels so blood can flow into the hole that he creates once he shaves away the OCD fragment. Either way this will be great after it happens because this crap has been killing me for 6 years now and finally we are getting it taken care of. After this and recovery I will be able to get back into lifting and also continue taking my Tae Kwon Do seriously. Hope everyone is doing well.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

Starting some running. Working for 1.5 miles in under 12:51. Free running, not treadmillin'.

Day 1... Nonstop. 1.5 miles @ 16:00
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

Day 2... 1 mile @ 10:00. Quads are toasted!! Not used to this crap.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

Good timing shown with the running, glad to see you starting that up - glad to see the update.

Thanks Coke. Hope you are doing well and still obliterating the iron.

Day 3... 1 mile @ 9:42. Ran at dark around 73 degrees, great feeling. Think I coud adjust pace next time and hit 9:00-9:10 or so, had a moderate amount left in the tank.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

Run 4... 1 mile @ 9:35. Ran in the pouring rain at about 68-70 degrees, felt great to get soaked and be cool. Tried to bust it and was gassed at the end and only made 9:35. Will just keep goin strong at it.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

everybody on that cardio grindddddd. good to see you back Jed!
    19 5'7 235
    No Belt/Wraps
    Squat ATG: 335x5
    Bench: 315x2
    Dead: 420x4

Journal:
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...-He-wants-MOAR!\