Hey all. This is my first post here. Just to give you a brief overview I started lifting about 2.5 years ago. I did it just to stay in shape and wasn't looking to make any huge gains. Compared to where I was back when I started my shape is much better and I am immensely stronger.
I am 5'10, 150lbs. Yes, skinny I know. When I first started lifting I had trouble with 135lbs on the bench. Now I can do 8 reps of 225. Not bad. I'm strong, no doubt about that but I am not gaining weight.
I don't lift religiously. In other words, all I have time for is about 3 days a week. I don't do cardio because I want to try and gain now whereas before I just wanted to get stronger. My goal is to gain about 20lbs within the next year. I think 5'10 and 170 is perfect for me.
Since December I have started taking some of the more expensive whey protein I could find. I take 2 servings a day when I am not lifting and 4 servings a day when I am. In between I eat as well as I can. Fish, chicken, lean beef, etc to make sure I am taking in protein.
My workout basically consist of:
Sunday: Chest, triceps, stomach
Tuesday: Legs, shoulders, stomach
Friday: Back, biceps, stomach
Hard to explain each workout but I am lifting to exhaustion on the second and third reps.
I guess I need to get to my questions.
1. Am I lifting often enough? I don't know that I could fit in another day due to my schedule.
2. Am I eating enough to gain? I take in about 3000 calories a day give or take (counting the shakes). I want to gain without tons of stomach fat.
3. Is 20 pounds reasonable to expect given than I am naturally skinny?
4. Should I add in creatine to my workouts?
5. I want to make the gains without steroids or anything else.
Thanks in advance. If you need more info let me know.