The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Very confused

Very confused

The weirdest situation I have been in,

If your girlfriend goes to Las Vegas, gets completely obliterated and cheats on you what would you say. She denies it like no other, her friends even said she didn't do a thing. But she was wasted and told me she screamed my name 20 minutes ago when I talked to her lastnight, I asked what she was talking about she said some guy got mad she screamed my name when they where ****ing, then she said "no it didn't really happen stop worrying" So I brushed it off, I tried calling her to say goodnight after I left a party and her phone was off so I called her friend to have her tell her goodnight, her friend didn't pick up and this morning I got a voice mail from her friend at the time I called saying " I'm just calling you back" and I can hear my girl in the background moaning and her friend went OMG and said some dudes name and some dude said something , then her friend hung up.

Maybe I am being paranoid or not wanting to accept the obvious, she comes home tonight and I guess I will talk to her about it, body language says everything. What do you think of the situation..
    Last edited by runstopwalk; 02-18-2007 at 01:35 PM.
    Height: 5'8
    Weight: 155

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I think you allready know whats going on, dont you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Everyone View Post
    I agree with McVein

On one hand they could just be **** testing you, but either way I wouldn't be too happy if I were you.

When she comes around start being a bit withdrawn but yeah definitely read her body language. If decide that you DO think she's cheated on you then either give her the boot or keep being aloof and start looking around for other girls.

BTW how long you two been dating?

This is a juicey one.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Quote Originally Posted by d'Anconia View Post

This is a juicey one.
    haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Everyone View Post
    I agree with McVein

I would dump her immediately. I have no time for liars, and she's obviously not telling you what happened.

sounds like she's trying to pull a prank on you with her friends. I would def. be pissed off but try and talk to her about it..
    [SIZE=".01"][/SIZE][SIZE=".01"][/SIZE][SIZE=".01"]Maintaining/Conditioning
    5'5 146 lbs
    progress pics
    Bench press 315 x 1 Dec. 05 Squat 295 x 1 Dec. 05 Dead Lift405 x 1 Dec 05
    Bench press 325 x 1 Jul. 09 Squat 435 x 1 Jul. 09 Dead Lift 480 x1 July 09
    "No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?"
    "Beef is my favorite animal." -CiteCollegiale

I'd say that whatever you do, make sure you don't appear too emotional over it.
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Wannabebig Member
    It does kind of sound like she is testing you/pull a prank...I'd play it by ear...she how he acts when she gets home...like you said, watch her body language..

Dump her ass. It's obvious you don't trust her after this, and pulling jokes like that is stupid and childish. Breaking trust is grounds for immediate relationship termination.

If she tries to say it was a joke, tell her to prove it. Keep in mind that her friends backing up her story isn't proof. She'll probably be very willing to try new things to get back into your good graces. You could very well turn it into weeks worth of nasty sex, then kick her ass out when you've found a replacement.

She wants to play games, you play better ones.
    If one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it.
    Do what you've always done and get what you've always gotten.
    There is no failure, only feedback.

"Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".--Lao Tzu

Pro-Choice...ON EVERYTHING.

pulling a prank?? testing you??? hell no!!! what would that test if you are willing to let her cheat on you??? and what kind of prank is that oh hahah u thought i was cheating on you. i dont think so

shes cheating on you
    Way down this road, in a gym far away, a young man was once heard to say, "I've repped high and I've repped low, No matter what I do my legs won't grow."

He tried leg extensions, leg curls, and leg presses, too. Trying to cheat these sissy workouts he'd do. From the corner of the gym where the big men train, Through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain.

Where the big iron rides high and threatens lives, Where the noise is made with big forty fives. A deep voice bellowed as he wrapped his knees, A very big man with legs like trees.

Laughing as he snatched another plate from the stack, Chalking his hands and monstrous back, Said "Boy stop lying and don't say you've forgotten, Trouble with you is you ain't been SQUATTIN"

It seems there are two possibilities. A) She really is cheating, in which case I suggest you refer to:

Quote Originally Posted by VikingWarlord View Post
    She'll probably be very willing to try new things to get back into your good graces. You could very well turn it into weeks worth of nasty sex, then kick her ass out when you've found a replacement..
    or B) It's just a joke. I would be really pissed if my girlfriend pulled a prank like this. That really should be considered some form of sick and twisted torture. Anyway, you couldn't just let this slide. I would say find some chick that she hates and film yourself having nasty sex with her. In the video, make sure before you start having said nasty sex you look into the camera and say, "Hey, I'm dumping you." Proceed with the sex, then at the end say "Just kidding! Jokes on you, I love you!"

In either case, there's a point in your life where you'll come to realize that 99% of all girls are lying, conniving, manipulative, deceitful, heartless, cold-blooded, two-faced, she-devils and it's encoded in their DNA to put as many guys as possible through as much torment as they can. I'm not making this up, it was on the discovery channel. They did studies.
    Last edited by Phenom; 02-18-2007 at 04:04 PM.

S(atg) - B - DL
    375 - 335 - 515

"Gaining weight and having bigger body will make you look great on any clothing. Men with strong body are very attractive to women. General people tend to admire big muscle too." -mbijay

:withstupi
    Last edited by Optimum08; 02-18-2007 at 04:04 PM.

"Squats make the ghetto booty"-Me
    "No matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max"-bIgHwN86
    "Reach for some self discipline."-Holto

Wannabebig New Member
    Listen up bro ... this is the way it is ... there is no other answer ...

She doesnt respect you or really care for you . Who would play that game on someone they cared about ? NO ONE

She is a trick a$$ ho ... nothing more .

Lastly ... how much do you respect yourself ? What is your self worth ? If the answer is "not much" then go back with her .

If you dont mind other dudes test driving your woman every other week then stay with her . Dont read into this anymore , she is going to try to convince you of every IMPOSSIBLE scenario there is . Then when she has you a little on the ropes she'll say ..." I cant believe you dont trust me " . Now you are on the defensive ...tell her to sell that ***** elsewhere ... you aint buying .
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .

Quote Originally Posted by Phenom View Post
    In either case, there's a point in your life where you'll come to realize that 99% of all girls are lying, conniving, manipulative, deceitful, heartless, cold-blooded, two-faced, she-devils and it's encoded in their DNA to put as many guys as possible through as much torment as they can. I'm not making this up, it was on the discovery channel. They did studies.
    I think I saw that episode.

Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar
    She got the crap boned out of her by another guy.

You want suggestions?

Slash her tires and never talk to her again.
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

Footballer
    You're Ex-Gf has a terrible sense of humour if this is a joke...She's your Ex-Gf right?
    Calgary Stampeder!
    Formerly a CMU Chippewa!

Quote Originally Posted by Phenom View Post
    It's just a joke. I would be really pissed if my girlfriend pulled a prank like this. That really should be considered some form of sick and twisted torture. Anyway, you couldn't just let this slide. I would say find some chick that she hates and film yourself having nasty sex with her. In the video, make sure before you start having said nasty sex you look into the camera and say, "Hey, I'm dumping you." Proceed with the sex, then at the end say "Just kidding! Jokes on you, I love you!"
    Even if it is a joke, there's no way to be convinced. She obviously has no respect for the guy. The hell with her.

Dude, it's not women. It's people. Most males don't have any respect for anyone either. Everyone sucks. Just so happens that the more attractive someone is, the less he/she has to rely on personality and respectfulness to get by.
    If one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it.
    Do what you've always done and get what you've always gotten.
    There is no failure, only feedback.

"Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".--Lao Tzu

Pro-Choice...ON EVERYTHING.

Listen to Brawl. He knows what it's all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Brawl View Post
    Listen up bro ... this is the way it is ... there is no other answer ...

She doesnt respect you or really care for you . Who would play that game on someone they cared about ? NO ONE

She is a trick a$$ ho ... nothing more .

Lastly ... how much do you respect yourself ? What is your self worth ? If the answer is "not much" then go back with her .

If you dont mind other dudes test driving your woman every other week then stay with her . Dont read into this anymore , she is going to try to convince you of every IMPOSSIBLE scenario there is . Then when she has you a little on the ropes she'll say ..." I cant believe you dont trust me " . Now you are on the defensive ...tell her to sell that ***** elsewhere ... you aint buying .

I think you and I share the same brain sometimes.

If it is true or she is playing a joke, either way its not cool. Time to move on.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Listen, I'm not kidding... whatever you do, do NOT let it appear that you are entirely emotional over this. The less emotion you show over this issue, the more she'll be like "what the ****" and you have officially one-upped her. If you break down and cry or something she's going to think that you're pathetic. She is the one who is playing childish games so treat her like a child.
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

shes going to be here in like 5 or 6 hours... I honestly have no clue what I'm going to say. I don't really feel hurt anymore at this point; just pissed off. She keeps text messaging me saying to not break up with her and that she didn't do anything blah blah blah.

I'm starting to think maybe I can have fun with this situation.

Do the only reasonable thing. Bang another girl so that way if you found out she really did cheat on you, you have that to look back on and smile and still make her look like the bad person.
    Like the others said, she probably is cheating on you. I would hope she isn't that immature to play a stupid ass prank like that.

Dude how was the relationship before this crap?
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

I don't have the guts to do it but the best thing to do would be to do it one more time and right after I'm done. " I'm done, so are we" hahaha.. man it sucks though I really like her. Arghh. I guess in the military being gone just makes it impossible to not get cheated on. Ugh.

It was good, she buys me stuff, goes out of her way to make me happy, told her parents to come down here to meet me in like 2 weeks. It was perfect. It would be sad I suppose if I somehow just pissed her off and made her say that by prying about what she was doing last night. And what I heard in the background wasn't what I thought it was. But I am 90% sure.
    Last edited by runstopwalk; 02-18-2007 at 07:17 PM.

I'm with vikingwarlord. Do nasty things to her and keeping getting dirtier and dirtier until she finally refuses. When she finally does refuse, say you knew about the cheating and you just wanted to treat her like the whore she is before you broke up.
    Last edited by Sidior; 02-18-2007 at 07:23 PM.
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers