The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    The King of Crash jtrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    361

    Effective Chest/Back workout?

    Hey I wanted to see what u guys think about my chest/back day...Too much work? Bad exercises? etc.

    Flat Bench - 2 sets (Varies in reps cause its a cycle)
    Close Grip Bench - 2 sets (Varies in reps cause its a cycle)
    Incline Bench - 2 sets (Varies in reps cause its a cycle)

    Bar Shrugs - 4 x10
    Chinups - 5x5
    Seated Rows 3 x10
    Lat Pulldowns 3 x10

    Feel free to make changes...Yes i know i dont do deadlifts!

  2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!


  3. #2
    Senior Member Mr. _____'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    114
    Why don't you do deadlifts?

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,377
    Do deadlifts.

  5. #4
    The Man of Steel -Superman-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,016
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrink View Post
    Hey I wanted to see what u guys think about my chest/back day...Too much work? Bad exercises? etc.

    Flat Bench - 2 sets (Varies in reps cause its a cycle)
    Close Grip Bench - 2 sets (Varies in reps cause its a cycle)
    Incline Bench - 2 sets (Varies in reps cause its a cycle)

    Bar Shrugs - 4 x10
    Chinups - 5x5
    Seated Rows 3 x10
    Lat Pulldowns 3 x10

    Feel free to make changes...Yes i know i dont do deadlifts!
    1. Close Grip Bench is not really a chest workout but a tricep workout
    2. I'd replace those with fly's if you really have energy after doing bench and incline bench
    3. Shrugs for what?
    4. Pulldowns IMO are just a weaker variation of chinups
    5. Add deadlifts as the 1st back workout of your routine

    From 155 lbs to 200 lbs (PICS/VIDS INCLUDED)

    Height: 6'0"; BW: 202lbs; Age: 24; BF: ~11%
    155lbs [07-01-06] 176lbs [09-14-06] 179lbs [09-21-06] 182lbs [10-02-06] 184lbs [10-18-06] 186lbs [10-23-06] 187lbs [11-08-06] 189lbs [11-19-06] 190lbs [11-21-06] 191lbs [12-21-06] 194lbs [12-31-06]

    Bench: 250lbs; Squat: 350lbs lbs; Deadlift: 430 lbs

    Military: 111lbsx8; Dips: BWx30; Pullups: BWx10; WChestP: 360lbsx7; 45LegP: 470lbsx20; C Raise: 360lbs; BB Curl: 105lbsx3; Lat Pull: 195lbsx5

  6. #5
    Senior Member Vapour Trails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    812
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrink View Post
    Hey I wanted to see what u guys think about my chest/back day...Too much work? Bad exercises? etc.

    Flat Bench - 2 sets (Varies in reps cause its a cycle)
    Close Grip Bench - 2 sets (Varies in reps cause its a cycle)
    Incline Bench - 2 sets (Varies in reps cause its a cycle)

    Bar Shrugs - 4 x10
    Chinups - 5x5
    Seated Rows 3 x10
    Lat Pulldowns 3 x10

    Feel free to make changes...Yes i know i dont do deadlifts!
    Well you have a lot more back than chest for starters.
    That's a picture of Scarlett Johansson.

  7. #6
    The King of Crash jtrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    361
    ALRIGHT! fine i'll start doing deadlifts, lol.

    But now i'm switch up my workout to chest/shoulders/tris and legs/back

    chest/tris/shoulders:
    Flat Bench - 2 sets (Varies in reps cause its a cycle)
    Close Grip Bench - 2 sets (Varies in reps cause its a cycle)
    Incline Bench - 2 sets (Varies in reps cause its a cycle)
    shoulders w/free weights 4 sets of 10
    something else???

    legs/back/bi's:
    squats 4 sets of 10
    DB lunges 4 sets of 10
    lat pulldown 4 sets of 10
    seated row 4 sets of 10
    preacher curl 4 sets of 10
    deadlifts --- HOW MANY REPS/SETS??



    -if i do lat pulldowns should i not do chinups?
    Last edited by jtrink; 02-19-2007 at 12:05 PM.

  8. #7
    Read this -------------->> pipes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrink View Post
    ALRIGHT! fine i'll start doing deadlifts, lol.

    But now i'm switch up my workout to chest/shoulders/tris and legs/back

    chest/tris/shoulders:
    Flat Bench - 2 sets (Varies in reps cause its a cycle)
    Close Grip Bench - 2 sets (Varies in reps cause its a cycle)
    Incline Bench - 2 sets (Varies in reps cause its a cycle)
    shoulders w/free weights 4 sets of 10
    something else???

    legs/back/bi's:
    squats 4 sets of 10
    DB lunges 4 sets of 10
    lat pulldown 4 sets of 10
    seated row 4 sets of 10
    preacher curl 4 sets of 10
    deadlifts --- HOW MANY REPS/SETS??



    -if i do lat pulldowns should i not do chinups?


    -Do chins or pullups instead of pulldowns

    -Do tri's at the end of your workout. You don't want to burn them out before you finish working chest

    -Deadlifts and squats together in the same workout is a killer. I would split it up into 3 days instead of 2.
    5'11" 220lbs.

    BENCH - 330 x 1
    SQUAT - 405 x 1
    DEADLIFT - 450 x 1


    "Whenever you do a thing, act as if all the world were watching." -- T.J.
    "Every success is built on the ability to do better than good enough." -- Unknown

  9. #8
    Senior Member Phenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,062
    Quote Originally Posted by pipes View Post
    -Do chins or pullups instead of pulldowns

    -Do tri's at the end of your workout. You don't want to burn them out before you finish working chest

    -Deadlifts and squats together in the same workout is a killer. I would split it up into 3 days instead of 2.
    Agree with all 3 points, especially the point about deads and squats on the same day. Make one an accessory and then do a ME workout later in the week. If you go max effort on both then you might be a robot.
    Last edited by Phenom; 02-19-2007 at 01:02 PM.
    Age: 23 - Weight: 237 lbs - Height: 6'1''

    S(atg) - B - DL
    375 - 335 - 515

    "Gaining weight and having bigger body will make you look great on any clothing. Men with strong body are very attractive to women. General people tend to admire big muscle too." -mbijay

  10. #9
    The King of Crash jtrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    361
    well ill deadlift on tuesday and squat on fridays or something like that.

Similar Threads

  1. A Soldiers PT Journal
    By NeroTheWarlord in forum Member Online Journals
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-05-2010, 04:56 AM
  2. Muscle And Fitness
    By Maddawg in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 03-15-2005, 10:56 AM
  3. Is a tension workout better than a depletion on fri (from lyles journal)
    By the_hall in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-01-2002, 03:39 PM
  4. effective calf workout
    By kingpin in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-29-2001, 03:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •