Thread: Bulking and calories from fat

mmm... discipline

Bulking and calories from fat

I'm 135 lbs, 5'5, and bulking on 5000 calories. Needless to say, I have a freakishly fast metabolism. After two weeks on this diet I haven't gained an ounce. I'm getting more than adequate protein (180+ grams per day) and healthy fats. I'm probably going to bump up the calories yet again. But before I do that, I have one little problem. About half of my calories come from fat, mostly the healthy sort. Is this detrimental to bulking at all? Or is it really true when they say a calorie is a calorie? Thanks guys.

how are you tracking your calories? are you sure your gettin 5000 cals that insane that your not gaining wiht thta many cals at 135
    Way down this road, in a gym far away, a young man was once heard to say, "I've repped high and I've repped low, No matter what I do my legs won't grow."

He tried leg extensions, leg curls, and leg presses, too. Trying to cheat these sissy workouts he'd do. From the corner of the gym where the big men train, Through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain.

Where the big iron rides high and threatens lives, Where the noise is made with big forty fives. A deep voice bellowed as he wrapped his knees, A very big man with legs like trees.

Laughing as he snatched another plate from the stack, Chalking his hands and monstrous back, Said "Boy stop lying and don't say you've forgotten, Trouble with you is you ain't been SQUATTIN"

mmm... discipline
    Yep. I write them all in a little journal. It ranges from 4900 to 5100 daily. I've done this before, I started as a 110 pound weakling, it's just that I need more now. I do have several health problems that make me require more calories, but otherwise don't really interfere with bulking. What I'm concerned about is the possibility that consuming too much fat can be detrimental to a bulk.

mmm... discipline
    bump

Banned
    As long as it's good fats, it shouldn't be a problem.

PS That is a TON of food. You should get your thyroid checked.

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSpikeyThing
    You should get your thyroid checked.
    :withstupi
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

mmm... discipline
    I just made the appointment to get my thyroid levels checked. I guess that IS a ton of food for someone my size. And its good to know that I can still eat all the fat I want, haha. Thanks guys.

What exactly are all the calories coming from if only 700-800 calories are from protein?

So you really eat 180 grams of protein, 277 grams of fat, and only 400-450 grams of carbs? If that's accurate, you better get that thyroid checked.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

mmm... discipline
    Yeah, that's really close to what I eat, BCC. I have an appointment next week. I want to bulk, this is ridiculous. I looked up the symptoms of hyperthyroidism and it freaked me out because I have many of them.