The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

FedEx says they shipped me my package, I was here all day... NEVER CAME

So saturday I was expecting a package to come and tracking info had been telling me it would arrive there that day.

I'm there all day long, never left... package never comes. Check the tracking info that night and it says "package delivered, signature request not requested".

The next morning I call FedEx and tell them what's up... they verify my address and it is correct. They say they will have to get in contact with the driver to see specifically where he left it but they cannot do this because it is sunday. Nor can they do it on monday because presidents day. Well today (tuesday) bright and early I call FedEx again and go through this with them. They say they will notify the driver and they will call me back by the end of the day.

Here I am and they have never even called me.

I am 100% positive the package never came to my address. My apartment is small and there I will awake from a drunken sleep when someone knocks on my loud ass door.

I don't understand what COULD have when wrong, and why they're not getting back to me.

The package had nothing of value to anybody else. It was about $60 or $70 in gaskets and misc. parts I need for my motorcycle. Which has me really upset because I've been planning to do my overhaul this weekend when it's warm and I already have other plans set aside... Now I'm getting screwed.

Anybody been in this situation?
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

That sucks man. Haven't experienced quite that situation. But it's also inconvenient when they say your package will arive at or around a certain time. So you make sure you're wide awake and by the door for all those hours, only for the package to come significantly before or wayy after the time it was supposed to which just screws your day. Good luck with that though hopefully it was just a mix up and they didn't really leave your package somewhere else.

Ask your neighbors.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Have you checked the front office with the apartment? Lot of times delivery guys will be lazy and leave it with management.

I hate when the USPS delivers anything that requires a signature, cause they never actually check to see if I'm home, just leave me a note saying I wasn't there and have to drive to the post office to pick it up.

I HATE FEDEX. Everytime I use them for shipmentsthey are always messed up.

I now try to exclusively use the USPS for shipments when possible. They are great never had a problem, and they are government. This means that if anyone messes with your package it is a federal crime!
    God created liquor to keep the Irish from conquering the world.

Sweating and grunting...where you should be.
    Yea, a second for USPS although fedex is kinda nice. I refuse to use UPS again though. I shipped a projecter a few weeks back for work. I had to pay like 200$ for overnighting it so it would get there specifically by 10am. It was delivered TO the business so you'd think they'd have tried.

I check the the tracking ticket and it says that it made it to the area and was put on the truck at around 8 am....I got the delivery confirmation at 3pm when the projector was no longer needed. It made me look bad, so never again, they dont keep to their contracts
    HT: 6'3 / WT: 265lbs 16%BF

"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness."

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

Quote Originally Posted by crazedwombat View Post
    Yea, a second for USPS although fedex is kinda nice. I refuse to use UPS again though. I shipped a projecter a few weeks back for work. I had to pay like 200$ for overnighting it so it would get there specifically by 10am. It was delivered TO the business so you'd think they'd have tried.

I check the the tracking ticket and it says that it made it to the area and was put on the truck at around 8 am....I got the delivery confirmation at 3pm when the projector was no longer needed. It made me look bad, so never again, they dont keep to their contracts
    If it doesn't make it by 10:30 AM, it's free. Shouldn't of had to pay the 200 dollars. Next days and next day AMs are all guaranteed.

You should probably still never use UPS though. I'd go with USPS.
    Last edited by BCC; 02-21-2007 at 11:08 AM.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

I'm surprised on the USPS promotion. I've always been happy with UPS, their ground delivery is reliably fast and cheap.
    Last edited by KingJustin; 02-21-2007 at 11:12 AM.

I work at UPS, that's why I wouldn't use it. The center I work in has an average of 17,000 dollars in package damages per month. I see countless next day envelopes disappear into cracks (not to be seen for weeks and sometimes months) every night along with countless packages getting smashed and stepped on.
    Last edited by BCC; 02-21-2007 at 11:15 AM.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

Haha, wow no kidding.

I order just about everything over $25 online to save money/time. I don't recall a single bad experience with UPS, but that's shocking how much damage you have.

I wonder how USPS/FedEx compare in damages. And also, $17,000 sounds like a lot, but you must get something like $17 million+ worth of packages coming through every month.

Sweating and grunting...where you should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCC View Post
    If it doesn't make it by 10:30 AM, it's free. Shouldn't of had to pay the 200 dollars. Next days and next day AMs are all guaranteed.

You should probably still never use UPS though. I'd go with USPS.
    It was free since it was delivered late? How long can I claim that? It's only been about 2 months. It's not like I paid for it, it was an expenses thing for work. but still.
    HT: 6'3 / WT: 265lbs 16%BF

"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness."

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

So after the third day of nobody from FedEx calling me back after reaming them out verybally today I decided to call RonAyers.com (where my order came from).

They were very nice and said they would have to call FedEx and speak with them first (I told them goodluck), they said they would get back to me within an hour. I was very happy when they actually did.

When they called back the guy from RonAyers said "I just spoke with FedEx and... are you ready for this". I said oh **** what? he proceeded to tell me that the guy got fired the day my package was supposed to be delivered. They don't know where my package is but FedEx is paying for a new order. hooray! If I would have been thinking I should have demanded overnight shipping but too late now... at least I get my stuff (hopefully).
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

I had a similar problem with my signing bonus. FedEx claimed delivery yet I had been waiting and didn't get it. I called them and they claimed it had arrived. Keep in mind this was a check for a lot of money that needed to get to my bank by noon. When we asked our neighbor if she'd seen a FedEx truck out that morning she said no...and she was having a yard sale and had been out setting it up since 6 am. She also suggested that we check the streets next door. Apparently FedEx often delivered to the wrong streets in our neighborhood...bingo...FedEx package was 2 streets down. I was aghast with their incompetence.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

Yes, I've had the same problem w. FedEx and my mail carrier...
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

After working at fed-ex I don't see how half the stuff they deliver isn't in pieces.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Quote Originally Posted by crazedwombat View Post
    It was free since it was delivered late? How long can I claim that? It's only been about 2 months. It's not like I paid for it, it was an expenses thing for work. but still.
    Yep, all next day AMs are guaranteed by 10:30 AM or they are free. I'm not sure how long you have to claim it though..it may be too late now, but for future reference.

I have a friend who worked at ups and said he witnessed a dell computer box roll down off a conveyor belt on to the ground and was smacked into by a fork loader. Same thing happend with the exact same type of box except some moron loaded the truck right out into the loading bay itself and when the truck pulled away boxes fell off of it onto the ground. So what does the driver do? He backs over the boxes lmao.

I see probably 20 dell's hit the floor a day lol. A lot of the stuff I think just still works when it gets to its destination despite the boxes being destroyed half the time.

A lot of the time it's the shippers problem though. A 70 pound box that's 8x8x8 completely full of nuts or bolts (not in a bag in the box) and the box not completely taped up. Obviously those are going EVERYWHERE.

I think the best was the flimsy box completely full of garden shears that all stabbed out of the box everywhere and about cut me to hell.

we recently found a 'next day air' envelope at my UPS hub dated 1997. it looked like tax forms after we opened it up to have a good laugh, then laughed a little harder when we sent it off to it's destination.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Wannabebig Member
    Fedex sucks, always stick up with ups.

Gamer/Lifter
    we recently found a 'next day air' envelope at my UPS hub dated 1997. it looked like tax forms after we opened it up to have a good laugh, then laughed a little harder when we sent it off to it's destination.
    LMAO, thats great

I've gotten packages that were damaged etc blah blah. However the products still worked so I just went on.

Also some of your stories are crazy, I was at a DHT hub for a few hours as my friend worked there got to walka bout.

Everyone was careful with how they handled the mail...
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.
    "It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
    "It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
    "It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."