The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

when cutting,what is best for pre workout,what is best for post workout on low carbs

im trying to get an insulin spike after my workout should i take fat before my workout?????i know i should take dextrose right after workout and protien about 30 min later. but before workout should take fat or carbs or just protien

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I wouldnt recommend any carbs at all before your workout. You dont want to have any carbs in your body when you workout. If you have carbs that you ingested in your system when you workout, you wont burn fat optimally, which is what you want do when your cutting obviously. As your body starts to burn calories as you workout, first it has to burn off the carbs that you have been eating, and then move onto your stored bodyfat.

so what would be good for energy fat??????/or just more protien? and how much dextrose would you take for the insulin spike when cutting. thanks for your help bro

Wannabebig Member
    I recommend you to eat low GI carbs before the workout to keep your glicemy steady. Low GI carbs will give you long and modulated energy without no insulin spikes. They'll be good for the pre workout.
    So you can eat fruit except bananas and apricots before and a proteic source.

max_power

Originally posted by MonStar1023
    I wouldnt recommend any carbs at all before your workout. You dont want to have any carbs in your body when you workout. If you have carbs that you ingested in your system when you workout, you wont burn fat optimally, which is what you want do when your cutting obviously. As your body starts to burn calories as you workout, first it has to burn off the carbs that you have been eating, and then move onto your stored bodyfat.

Then what would you suggest for a pre workout meal? With no carbs what would he be using for energy? Do you suggest fat and protein for pre workout? I can see recommending something like this for a cardio session.

BIG BOI
    i say it depends , if u have a carb load meal every couple days on low carbs then no u dont need to eat carbs around your workout. if u DONT have a carb load meal then yes eat some carbs pre and post workout.

Good advice Calvin.

Some people have carb refeeding days no matter what tho eg Leptin enthusiasts.

I'm one of the few, but i've noticed that my training is usually better if i don't eat any (minimal) carbs before training. I then 'carb up' after training if you will. Not really a refeeding day, but there's about 200g carbs spaced out over about 3 meals after training.

every other day i have ~100g carbs in the morning and then back to pro+fat+veggies.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]