The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

For anyone who has ever used a dip/pull-up belt.

So, my dip/pull-up belt has just arrived. I got this one, which I see just went out of stock: http://www.amazon.com/Grizzly-10-855.../dp/B000FGU7OI

Anyway, I have a question about how to add weight to the belt and loop the chain through. I found videos people doing weighted pull-ups, and I've seen two different ways of looping the chain through.

1. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/vide...ippingbelt.wvx
    Here's the first one. Wait for the close up of the guy putting the chain through. He first put the chain through the belt (making it a closed belt) and then pulled the chain through the weight, and then clips it to the belt.

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXr9y3BT_eg
    Here's the second. In this one the guy doesn't put the chain through the belt first and instead just goes through the weight and then clips it on. In this one, the whole front of the belt is wide open as opposed to the first where the belt uses the chain to close it AND hold the weight.

Obviously it looks like it can be done either way... but is there a right way? Or at least, a better way? How do you guys do it?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I couldnt get the videos to work but I'll explain how I do it. I attach one end of the chain to one side of the belt, then I run the chain through the plate and back up towards the belt, then I run it through the 2nd side of the belt and connect it to the sideof the belt where the chain started from. This keeps the belt nice and tight. I've never had any problems doing it this way.

S(atg) - B - DL
    375 - 335 - 515

"Gaining weight and having bigger body will make you look great on any clothing. Men with strong body are very attractive to women. General people tend to admire big muscle too." -mbijay

I've always done it a third way:
    I feed the chain through the weight, then through the loop on the other end of the belt, pull it across and clip it to the first loop on the belt (so the chain starts and ends on the same loop).

it really doent matter at all as long as the weight is on the belt

do it which ever way u like better for me it depend on what belt im using and how much weight im putting on it-some of them hurt depending which way i put it on
    Way down this road, in a gym far away, a young man was once heard to say, "I've repped high and I've repped low, No matter what I do my legs won't grow."

He tried leg extensions, leg curls, and leg presses, too. Trying to cheat these sissy workouts he'd do. From the corner of the gym where the big men train, Through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain.

Where the big iron rides high and threatens lives, Where the noise is made with big forty fives. A deep voice bellowed as he wrapped his knees, A very big man with legs like trees.

Laughing as he snatched another plate from the stack, Chalking his hands and monstrous back, Said "Boy stop lying and don't say you've forgotten, Trouble with you is you ain't been SQUATTIN"

I do it the same way as Phenom.

its faster to just put it through the weight and connect it, leaving the belt open. it stays on your waist fine. Just flare your legs out a little when doing pullups to keep the belt on. It should stay on just fine...
    bests:
    bp 335x1 (unequipped), sq 430x5 belt, dl 475x1 sumo (unequipped)
    ----------------------------
    Cut: Start/250 Current/247
    Abs or bust: my journal
    ollld pics

Wannabebig New Member

While we are on the topic of weighted dip belts

I purchased a nylon Atlus dip belt and am loading 3 (45's) for a total weight of 135 pounds to do dips. I think my belt will hold about 4 (45's). Will this belt be able to hold the 180 pounds and not snap? I can't find the website for Atlas and I purchased from Bodybuilding.com. I contacted them and they have no idea what it can hold. Does anybody know or should I just pay close attention to the chain links? Is there a dipping belt that is made for super heavy duty weights like 250+? Thanks - Jeff

it makes no difference what way you attach weight to yourself. one way is not going to make the pullup or dip easier than the other.
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

Getting un-streamlined Progress's Avatar
    Personally, I've only done it the basic way, drawing the chain through the plate then connecting it. I've had no problems.