The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    thats some nice chest symmetry

lol on those last 2 pictures. Thats what they call a full body makeover
    6'2" | 215 lbs

B320 S315 D440 = 1075
    The Road to 1200
    I'm always open to suggestions and critique, so stop by and help a brother out!

"Determination is the wake-up call to the human will." - TR

Quote Originally Posted by IZich View Post
    lol on those last 2 pictures. Thats what they call a full body makeover
    Lol, yea, I still cant believe I used to walk around like that.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

Leg pics arent working for me : /

Height: 6'2
    Weight: 195 (01JAN09)
    B/F: 11%
    Goal Weight: 210
    Starting weight: 150 (10/1/04)

Quote Originally Posted by ancom41 View Post
    Leg pics arent working for me : /
    They arent? Well, they didnt grow as much, thats for sure. Maybe an inch. Its the rest that had a bigger effect.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

Awesome work.
    [Journal | My Diet]
    [Bench 170x5 | Squat 255x5 | Deadlift 300x5]
    "It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried."

Dude, great gains, specially back and chest. your chest doesnt look as lean as your back, though... but nonetheless great gains
    "Always striving to achieve the perfect body is not an easy task. It requires lots of sacrifices, organization and discipline. But personally, I wouldn't have it any other way..."

God didn't bless me a good genetics. Instead, He gave me the will to improve myself... until the day I die

Treat your body well. Feed it well and exercise it, so that you can use all it's beauty and strenght.

any cardio??

Looking great man, and I think you look a ton better with the tan and brow done

Quote Originally Posted by Fcancel View Post
    Dude, great gains, specially back and chest. your chest doesnt look as lean as your back, though... but nonetheless great gains
    Thx man.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreyk View Post
    any cardio??
    No way

Quote Originally Posted by slither View Post
    Looking great man, and I think you look a ton better with the tan and brow done

Thx man, I'll have to keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by RichMcGuire View Post
    Thx man, I'll have to keep it up.
    From another waxer and tanner, trust me the chicks love it

Looking very good my friend. I'm just starting my bulk hope I can get some results like you got.
    Weight:185
    Height:5'11
    Goal:To get huge.

"Others would just say, 'Death Valley' and leave it at that. But not LSU. Here, it's 'Welcome to Death Valley.' That's beautiful. It's like descending into Hell and finding a sign that reads, 'Satan Invites You to Enjoy Eternal Damnation.'" -Jim Capel, ESPN

Wtf..Photobucket took down my after leg pic because it violated their terms. It didnt even show anything bad..lol.

I HOPE I CAN TOO, WITHOUT CARDIO.....I got hrt on my side which makes it a tad easier, but still 4k in cals!

I HOPE I CAN TOO, WITHOUT CARDIO.....I got hrt on my side which makes it a tad easier, but still 4k in cals!
    l2capslock :alcoholic
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

So hey bro, how many cals right now? No cardio, what kind of supplements and what are your goals? I've been on 4xk for 1 month now (TODAY!) and I'm up 10lbs.......prob. 1/2 water, but you tell me.....

I got to continue to slam the als for a year....damn I want to compete in 2!
    Attached Images Attached Images

5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

So hey bro, how many cals right now? No cardio, what kind of supplements and what are your goals? I've been on 4xk for 1 month now (TODAY!) and I'm up 10lbs.......prob. 1/2 water, but you tell me.....

I got to continue to slam the als for a year....damn I want to compete in 2!
    Cals right now are 3,300 for a slower bulk. Ive gotten to the point where I need to be more precise (after newbie gains)

I only use a protein supplement.

My goals? Basically to just look better every year. I can already bench 300 which was an original goal starting back up. I just like to be my best for vball season

10 lbs? Yea, that can be water weight as well as increased compounds from things such as waste products from the extra calories. Youll get to the point where youll notice some major changes if youre paying close enough attention.

Nice Work

Wannabebig Member
    biggest results in your pecs and back..nice job...how long intervals is that?
    Bench = 235 Height = 5'9
    Squat = 355 Weight = 230
    Deadlift= 315
    Total = 905

Wannabebig New Member
    Great Work

Good progress. How long did that take you?

Quote Originally Posted by Twan View Post
    Good progress. How long did that take you?
    About 5 months.

back looks the best IMO, everything looks sick though. You should get a big tribal across your upper back that would look ****in cool.
    Under Construction...

Wow. You've really done an amazing job!

If you don't mind some constructive criticism? You managed to stay pretty lean on your bulk which is awesome (very nice job on that). If I were you I'd cut for a bit to really bring out what you have. Given how lean you are already I'd think that it wouldn't take too terribly long and you won't sacrfice much lbm in the process. Then I'd do a careful and targeted bulk aiming at bringing up your back. Backs are just one of those things that takes awhile to come in and really fully develop. You could use a bit more breadth and thickness. Can't compare the wheels because the pics not showing up. I'd also like to see a tricep shot to see how your arms are balanced. Overall you've done a great job. No where but to go but up
    BRAINS.BEAUTY.BRAWN. www.brainsbeautybrawn.blogspot.com
    WILL SQUAT FOR FOOD.
    "It's not Science - it's RESULTS" - Built
    235 Dead Lift........Height: 5'7"
    125 Bench............Weight: 148 lbs
    200 Squat............Age: 33 yrs. old.
    ----------
    560 Total.............Gunning for 700 this year (while on a cut-and NOT using RESULTS)