My laptop was powered on and open when a sugary beverage fell, spilling a solid 8-10 ounces all over the keyboard.
I powered it down immediately, dried it as best I could, removed all attachable items, and allowed it to try for the recommended time.
Now that I've attempted to turn it on, it's looking bleak. When I attempt to power it on with battery, I get a power light for a moment or two and then it completely shuts off. When I try a second time, all lights flash for an instant, and then the power light stays on, but nothing occurs.
When I try it with power cord, not employing the battery, I again get nothing- though the laptop does again maintain the powerlight, suggesting that it does register some electricity.
Any ideas? I guess I'm willing to accept that it's fried for good, but I figure the power light is at least somewhat promising.