The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    110

    I wish I was this size

    damn it

    http://www.giggitymedia.com/index.ph...item_id=108691

    click view to see the vid.

  2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!


  3. #2
    Back in business WBBIRL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Fridge
    Posts
    5,604
    crap in one hand and wish in the other, see which fills up first.

  4. #3
    mind/body zen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    386
    I hate when people do cable pushdowns like that. You may as well be doing narrow grip bench.

  5. #4
    Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kent Island, Maryland
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by zen View Post
    I hate when people do cable pushdowns like that. You may as well be doing narrow grip bench.
    I agree.

    I have to give it to jay. Even though I don't like him.......he has some impressive size. But I'd much rather be 30lbs lighter and look fantastic then be a big block of muscle. I dunno, thats just me. I don't like how bodybuilding is nowadays one bit.
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

  6. #5
    Senior Member Doobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    1,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordanbcool View Post
    I agree.

    I have to give it to jay. Even though I don't like him.......he has some impressive size. But I'd much rather be 30lbs lighter and look fantastic then be a big block of muscle. I dunno, thats just me. I don't like how bodybuilding is nowadays one bit.
    No ****, you say that in every thread.

  7. #6
    Senior Member 8.8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    kent, ohio
    Posts
    1,091
    Quote Originally Posted by zen View Post
    I hate when people do cable pushdowns like that. You may as well be doing narrow grip bench.
    i was just gonna say that keep you ****ing elbows in!!!
    Way down this road, in a gym far away, a young man was once heard to say, "I've repped high and I've repped low, No matter what I do my legs won't grow."

    He tried leg extensions, leg curls, and leg presses, too. Trying to cheat these sissy workouts he'd do. From the corner of the gym where the big men train, Through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain.

    Where the big iron rides high and threatens lives, Where the noise is made with big forty fives. A deep voice bellowed as he wrapped his knees, A very big man with legs like trees.

    Laughing as he snatched another plate from the stack, Chalking his hands and monstrous back, Said "Boy stop lying and don't say you've forgotten, Trouble with you is you ain't been SQUATTIN"

  8. #7
    Senior Member Jinkies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by zen View Post
    I hate when people do cable pushdowns like that. You may as well be doing narrow grip bench.
    Yeah his bad form is definately hurting his potential.......

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,151
    I wouldn't say so.

    His form is bad if you consider if a "tricep push down" but that same movement is executed in close grip bench and close grip dips. And, they will destroy your traps. I would say, that is helping him because he gets more momentum and lift.

    I just hate to see it...

  10. #9
    On My Way..... rbar89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    448
    It looks like thats all the range of motion he has and I don't think he can get his elbows in any further.....
    Age: 19 | height: 6'1''
    Current Maxes: (May 2009)
    Bench: 275 | Squat: 355 | Clean: 240 | Deadlift: 455 | Body Weight-205lbs
    "When you know Squat about lifting, you know the important part."

  11. #10
    Wrecker of Homes d'Anconia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    5,974
    Philster, I think Jinkies was being sarcastic. Seriously though I think Jay needs to try another hairdo.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

  12. #11
    mind/body zen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    386
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinkies View Post
    Yeah his bad form is definately hurting his potential.......
    lol, I knew that post would come, and with the visual evidence, I am in no position to argue.

  13. #12
    cakin Cirino83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,239
    He's too big. Not my ideal body type.

  14. #13
    Senior Member Phenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,062
    No way should he have won the 06 Mr. O. Ronnie should have won by far and set the record for consecutive wins.

    Arnie still had a better physique in his prime than both of them IMO
    Age: 23 - Weight: 237 lbs - Height: 6'1''

    S(atg) - B - DL
    375 - 335 - 515

    "Gaining weight and having bigger body will make you look great on any clothing. Men with strong body are very attractive to women. General people tend to admire big muscle too." -mbijay

  15. #14
    Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kent Island, Maryland
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Doobs View Post
    No ****, you say that in every thread.
    Do you like him? Most people don't. Not because hes a bad guy, but for the reasons I already said a billion times. He's just too big.
    Last edited by Jordanbcool; 02-20-2007 at 11:30 AM.
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

  16. #15
    Senior Member Sidior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    5,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenom View Post
    No way should he have won the 06 Mr. O. Ronnie should have won by far and set the record for consecutive wins.

    Arnie still had a better physique in his prime than both of them IMO
    Not to turn this into a debate, but ronnie had a torn lat. No one can win with a problem that apparant.....unless you are dorian when he tore his tri or whatever lol.
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

    Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

  17. #16
    Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kent Island, Maryland
    Posts
    0
    I think victor should have won. He was amazing this year.

    O yea. Does anyone know why most of the IFBB pros decided to work their traps so much? Everyone this year had enormous traps.....Dexter's are insane. I'm wondering what the hell they did to get them that big..
    Last edited by Jordanbcool; 02-20-2007 at 12:38 PM.
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

  18. #17
    Senior Member bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    va
    Posts
    207
    about the form, many powerlifters do this style of push down. Try it, actually hurts my elbows less, puts your triceps in a stronger position. I do both ways usually.
    Even though you may think the form many of the pro's use is bad. Think about all of the time they have spent learning what is actually stimulating the muscle. Also because there form looks sloppy, many say they are going to injure themselves. Well they have spent years to figure out were there strong position (to decrease injuries) are.
    Disagree if you want, but if you do this stuff along time you will get injuries. Then you figure out how to avoid putting un safe stress on the tendons, ligaments.
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

  19. #18
    Senior Member bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    va
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinkies View Post
    Yeah his bad form is definately hurting his potential.......
    exactly
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

  20. #19
    Breaker of Skulls Guido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    40N 88W
    Posts
    11,317
    It seems he forgot to put his neck on that morning.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1


    My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

    "Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

  21. #20
    DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    My Head
    Posts
    6,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordanbcool View Post
    Do you like him? Most people don't. Not because hes a bad guy, but for the reasons I already said a billion times. He's just too big.
    Then what does that make Ronnie?
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

  22. #21
    Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kent Island, Maryland
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sCaRz*Of*PaiN View Post
    Then what does that make Ronnie?
    Just as bad.
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

  23. #22
    WBBs motivational Speaker Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Between a girls ties!
    Posts
    4,593
    I think he looks amazing...he probally gets a bit out of breath and has some minor problems with scratching his back, a bit of bloodpressure and stuff like that..but he looks like he is really living a great life.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

  24. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    12,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    It seems he forgot to put his neck on that morning.
    rofl
    2000 or bust

  25. #24
    back at it Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock View Post
    but he looks like he is really living a great life.
    Yeah, he's got a butter girl, sweet cars, and a really nice house. Must be nice!

    D 435 / S 340 / B 305

    Journal

    "I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

    "OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

    "Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

  26. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    179
    not me, he's too big.
    PHOENIX

    height - 5' 10 1/2"
    weight - 161bs
    bench - 240lbs (2x)
    curl - 55lbs (dumbell 3x)
    squat - 285 lbs (few times)

    goal to improve body along with strength with help of wbb.com

Similar Threads

  1. size vs strength
    By anth15 in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-07-2006, 07:55 PM
  2. Need help correcting the difference in size of my pectoral muscles...
    By LaxGuy16 in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-25-2005, 07:25 AM
  3. Food for thought (serving size)
    By Slim Schaedle in forum Diet and Nutrition
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-18-2005, 12:13 PM
  4. Size and Strenght what do you think about these comments...
    By Gavan in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-04-2002, 08:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •