The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This sucks.

Banned

This sucks.

Man. This is day has been horrible. It's 2:15pm and I'm currently wanting to hit the gym. Even though I don't have a membership to a local gym cuz my mom wont take me, yet. It's raining and too cold to go outside and do some cardio and I made the stupid mistake of selling my bench,bar,weights for pills. Stupid mistake. And just laying around the house I feel like I'm losing muscle mass, I guess around 3 I'll do 5x10 pushups, and keep doing them ever hour / hour 30 min just to make myself feel like I'm not losing anything.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

make ur mom take u to the gym.... lol... tell her ull do the dishes.

Squat slowly improving :)
    you sold your weights for pills..?
    Been out the game for a little while, but jumpin back in

Banned
    Yeah. I guess I was in a phase where I wanted to try a new way to get ****ed up since I have such a high tolerance to alcohol. But I was told I did crap I don't remember doing, like giving her my report card, and playing basketball and my eyes were glazed over. And I sold a Weider bench, about 10 15lb concrete dbs, 4 8lb dbs, and 4 3lb dbs, 2 bars, and a squat rack. Stupidest mistake in my life.

Read this -------------->> pipes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WarriorWalls View Post
    Stupidest mistake in my life.

Yeah, that's a pretty bad one.

Don't you have any friends that can give you a lift?
    5'11" 220lbs.

BENCH - 330 x 1
    SQUAT - 405 x 1
    DEADLIFT - 450 x 1

"Whenever you do a thing, act as if all the world were watching." -- T.J.
    "Every success is built on the ability to do better than good enough." -- Unknown

Banned
    I do, but if you read it, "I don't have a membership to a local gym..." So yeah, I'll just have to deal until I get it.

You're an idiot, it's your own fault...stop bitching. Cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everyone View Post
    I agree with McVein

Banned
    It's a keyboardwarrior!!!

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    I can't sympathize when you sold your home gym for pills. If you couldn't tell which one was more important, then I think the time away from the gym will do you some good. May I ask what kind of pills you purchased with the money you got from your home gym?
    Last edited by sCaRz*Of*PaiN; 02-24-2007 at 02:50 PM.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

It's a keyboardwarrior!!!
    i dont know what that is, but i presume it is some leet speak or 1337 5p3ak

but anyway, your little story ruined my day, i dont know what you expected back from anyone here.
    I agree with McVein

Banned
    Oxycotton.

Son, don't do drugs.

Listen closely kid, after I say this, you're not going to like me! You have a problem with your emotions. If you need to get off your face:alcoholiclike that there's clearly something wrong. Don't worry, there is with MOST people, especially those that are in their teenage years. My suggestion is to learn to breathe and do some martial arts and Buddhist Meditation or you'll wind up brain-deadtuttutlike so many meatheads. Don't be a brain-fried loser:withstupi. Good luck kid. Get strong.

Banned
    Lmao.
    Hey, 1f u c4n r34d th1s u r3411y n33d t0 g37 l41d. Well I know html and all that bs, I understand it, but you really need to get that pic of your legs while your holding yourself off your profile, it smees a lil . I'm glad I ruined your day, you shouldn't have wasted your worthless life reading it. Sorry?
    Last edited by WestsideWarrior; 02-24-2007 at 03:03 PM.

Oxycotton.
    hahah oxycotton

its oxycontin.
    Bench:225x5, 255x1
    Squat:350x5
    Dead:370x5, 415x1

Banned
    good job, ya caught me, to bad it's oxycodone. Call it w/e you want.

Lmao.
    Hey, 1f u c4n r34d th1s u r3411y n33d t0 g37 l41d. Well I know html and all that bs, I understand it, but you really need to get that pic of your legs while your holding yourself off your profile, it smees a lil . I'm glad I ruined your day, you shouldn't have wasted your worthless life reading it. Sorry?
    ha.....ok im out
    I agree with McVein

Warrior you are 16. You should be in bed at 9pm and not doing drugs. Drink if you must I guess and stop being a little punk.

McVein why do you have a picture of AC Slater on your avatar?

Banned
    LOL Cirino, not 9pm, lol punk? yeah dude, i'ma punk, lmao look on McVein's proflie, LMAO.

Squat slowly improving :)
    Stop being a prick, you're the one who asked for advice after royally ****ing up, don't go badgering people who gave you their opinions, whether you liked that opinion or not.
    Been out the game for a little while, but jumpin back in

My first thought when I read this was to delete it, because posts like this bring the board down. No one wants to listen to some 16 year old complain that mommy won't take him to the gym; that he doesn't have a home gym and more because he has such a high tolerance for alcohol (it takes 3-4 wine coolers, does it?) tha the needs pills.

Then I thought, maybe, just maybe, I can get through to him.

So I'll give it a shot.

Kid: You are 16. I don't want to throw a damper on you having fun, I know what I did when I was 16. But if you need pills to get high, you have a bigger problem than mommy not driving you to the gym. So have some fun, but if you have goals to get bigger and stronger, you'll need to spend some time focusing on those goals.

Lighten the **** up, train when you can, eat right, get out and play a sport or something. Missing a day doesn't mean you are wasting away.

The solution to your problem: Man up. Drive yourself and join a gym or lift at the school gym. No money to join a gym? Get a job. Mommy and daddy won't let you drive? Show them you are responsible.

And quit bitching on this forum.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Yeah. I guess I was in a phase where I wanted to try a new way to get ****ed up since I have such a high tolerance to alcohol. But I was told I did crap I don't remember doing, like giving her my report card, and playing basketball and my eyes were glazed over. And I sold a Weider bench, about 10 15lb concrete dbs, 4 8lb dbs, and 4 3lb dbs, 2 bars, and a squat rack. Stupidest mistake in my life.
    What did you need 10 15 lb DBs for anyway?

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Stagg View Post
    My first thought when I read this was to delete it, because posts like this bring the board down. No one wants to listen to some 16 year old complain that mommy won't take him to the gym; that he doesn't have a home gym and more because he has such a high tolerance for alcohol (it takes 3-4 wine coolers, does it?) tha the needs pills.

Then I thought, maybe, just maybe, I can get through to him.

So I'll give it a shot.

Kid: You are 16. I don't want to throw a damper on you having fun, I know what I did when I was 16. But if you need pills to get high, you have a bigger problem than mommy not driving you to the gym. So have some fun, but if you have goals to get bigger and stronger, you'll need to spend some time focusing on those goals.

Lighten the **** up, train when you can, eat right, get out and play a sport or something. Missing a day doesn't mean you are wasting away.

The solution to your problem: Man up. Drive yourself and join a gym or lift at the school gym. No money to join a gym? Get a job. Mommy and daddy won't let you drive? Show them you are responsible.

And quit bitching on this forum.
    :withstupi
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Do all the bodyweight workouts you want to. Sounds like you need to re assess what your goals are and what you need to do to get there.

Took me the longest time to realize that no ones going to live my life for me and even longer to realize I didn't want anyone too. My particular problem was that I wanted (for some reason that seems foolish now) to be led through life by the hand like a little kid with everyone else doing most of what needed to be done. For instance, when it came time for me to get a job I asked my parents to help. For them to help me, I would have needed to try which I didn't. They flat out told me that they saw no effort on my part and that I needed to take some responsibility. Right now it was just my spending money and saving up for a car/car insurance that I was playing with... in the future the stakes would be much higher. So I got off my ass and found a job and with that same initiative I applied for several more jobs this weekend as my last job recently sacked most of us.

I then realized that this is MY life and I know what I want. My position on just about life in its entirety changed. Do you really care that your wasting away? Or are you looking for attention, a few people to blow smoke up your ass and tell you everything will be alright?

Nothings going to change unless YOU change it.

I don't know about you, but I decided to find out what I really wanted in life and then from there you have to work to get it. Your young, don't throw away your life. You wont get a second chance.

I'm not going to tell you to stop drinking alcohol because I know you won't. If you take oxycodone again drink it with alchohol. I pick up people like you once in a while, you tend to learn after mixing it with the alcohol and need the medics to push fluid into you so your heart doesn't stop beating. Painkillers are for dumbasses. Don't be a dumbass.