The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: 1 Week into cut

1 Week into cut

I'm already getting excited, im one week into my cut and just started reducing carbs, im about 272 right now and hoping to lean up while keeping my big 3 at a reasonable number so I can still compete in powerlifting after I drop a weightclass.

Im averaging about 340 grams of a protein a day and im having a little under 70 carbs a day, im not taking any fat burners right now as Im afraid of the potentinal muscle loss and im also on nitrix right now and I hear they cancel out the hemodialiting process because they constrict the blood vessels.

Also healthy fats? Don't think im getting much and why are these important during a cut

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar
    Healthy fats help to spare lean muscle mass. I don't really have much motivation to explain why.......but they just do. They are essential to shedding bad fat while keeping precious muscle. On top of that, healthy fats have a huge cast of benefits. Take the fish oil bro, it'll help alot.

Good luck.
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

+1 for atleast 6g fish oil a day.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

This is in the wrong forum. You're carbs are far too low.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    This is in the wrong forum. You're carbs are far too low.
    I agree. Unless you are doing a proper PSMF (which it sounds like you are trying to attempt...but not going about it the right way).

I would def. up the carbs and from what it sounds like the fats too. You are a huge guy....you can probably consume quite a bit of calories, carbs, fats and protein while losing fat/weight.
    Last edited by Jordanbcool; 02-28-2007 at 09:53 PM.
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

Im eating fish 5x a week or so im getting plenty of fish oil, I just wasnt sure if the healthy fats were present in what im eating.

Can someone go into more detail the reason to up my carbs, I guess I had the misconception that if I didn't have carbs for energy my body would burn the fat at a more rapid rate; then I went as far to assume that high protein alone and heavy lifting would keep most of my muscle.

Im a complete noob when it comes to this, im not trying to run a super psmf just would like to see some abs within a few months time (3-5) I don't have the experience to forumulate a better diet but it seemed like a good idea.

you have only listed 1640 calories. If your taking in 100g of fat, you are still only at 2500 cals. That is far too low for a 275lb powerlifter. You will shed a ton of muscle along with fat, and your strength will plummet.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

and at those low a cal, you might want to look into an EC stack to keep the metabolism humming, your appetite at bay, and a good source of energy. I havent seen any research that suggests thermogenics promote muscle loss.

Im not concerned about the possible much loss from thermogenics, im more worried about how its constricts the blood vessels and that effect would cancel out my current n.o product im giving a test run which dialates the vessels.

If I take them both together im pretty much canceling them both out but towards midcut I might add in some thermos.

This is todays menu and yall can give me an idea, ill have it updated to fitday by the end but so far im at around this. All my shakes are made with water.

Breakfast- 3 packets of quaker oatmeal, protein shake (48 grams) and then a teaspoon of virgin olive oil
    Mid morning snack- Protein shake( 72 grams)
    Lunch- 10 ounces of diced pan cooked chicked mixed with a cup of brown rice and other assorted vegetables, cup of mixed nuts and a small yogurt(180cal, a little desert)
    Pre workout- Protein shake (72 grams)
    Post workout- Creatine(100-250 cals) then a fish and vegetable meal ( no carbs planned post workout, yalls opinion?)
    Bedtime- Protein shake (72 grams)

Im eating something of that sort everyday for the next several weeks, unless someone can give me a better suggestion. I'll incorporate a cheat day once every 14 days and try to keep protein over 300 but have low calories. What I posted above is a little under 2500 calories I believe which is still pretty low but its yielding decent results. My goal is to drop to a presentable bodyfat percentage while maintaining as much muscle and strength as possible so I can rebound and powerlift as a lower weightclass. The reason im drinking alot of protein shakes instead of actual meal is for money and times sake, while im at school I only have 7 minutes in between classes to get around and thats just enough time for me to scarf down a nice shake with waterfountain water.