Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: direct forearm work

just go in a powerrack and have the pins set to 2 inches below your deadlift lockout, now pick the bar up and hold it
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style

Bigger fewl
    Originally posted by MonStar1023
    DaChickenShowYo-
    You said something about your forearms getting extremely sore etc. I was thinking and mine dont really get that sore etc. Do you let the bar roll down to the tips of your fingertips on each rep?

Are you talking about direct forearm work or curls?

For forearms work I sometimes use that tecnique when doing wrist curls etc. to get some extra stimulation having to grip it hard with my fingers, but usually I just put it in my palms, grip it hard, and lift. That goes for pretty much everything.
    Squat...Eat...Sleep...Grow!

Carpe diem

Milk.... it does the body good.

for forearms, I use a piece of wood dowel, about 1" around, and a foot long. Drill a hole in the middle - put a 4' piece of rope through and tie it taught enough that the knot wont slip back through. The other end I make a slip knot, and attach it to one side of a small dumbell. Load other side of dumbell with weight.

Roll up, Roll down, rinse, repeat. It's about as direct on forearms that I need.