The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Diet Question.

i have been having a lot of trouble sticking to my diet. too much food for my 160lb body to handle

currently, my ratios are...

50% carbs
    25% protein
    25% fat

i was wondering if there would be any harm in switching up carbs and fat, so my ratios would be...

50% fat (90% unsaturated)
    25% carbs
    25% protein

i'm not considering this in hopes of gaining better results, it would just be much easier to consume, and would lead to me being more consistent.
    Last edited by Cackerot69; 03-21-2001 at 04:58 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I've never tried anything like that, but I can't see why it wouldn't work, as long as you were getting enough protein and your fat sources were good. Since the carbs are gonna be low, make sure they are all complex, but i'm guessing you already know that
    May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    I'm on NHE and that looks very very much like my diet right now, although my split is more like
    50 fat (about 80% unsaturated)
    25-30 pro
    10-15 carbs
    Thats during the massing phase, on non-carb load days.

Anybody who knows me from the chat knows that my energy levels leave nothing to be desired and I am getting lots of progress in the gym.

So what exactly IS NHE? And PLEASE don't say i need to buy the book because you spent money on it. That would just be rude.

Does a 160lb lad really need 5000 calories?...
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Bespoke Super Mod
    Not necerssarily, when u learn to manage your ratios you dont need as many calories as that as i have found
    Last edited by FAngel; 03-22-2001 at 07:55 AM.
    "A + B + C = Success if, A = Hard Work, B = Hard Play, C = Keeping your mouth shut" -Albert
    Einstein

I've always gone to the gym with the conviction that I'll be the hardest working mother****er in the joint. Make that your credo, and hope we don't lift at the same place.
    -- Adam Fahy

"Fran is a double-hard bastard"- Clint Brewer 31/12/02

well, i try for 5700 every day, but usually end up eating 5000-5300, and i'm not gaining, so my answer is yes, Chicken Daddy.

5700!

Damn! how the f u c k are you not gainning!?!

I think you must have an anti-muscle building gene which is suppressing your muscle building gene. haha...

Sucks to be you then eh?
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

I think too much fuss is put on ratios. Stay balanced and you'll be fine.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Budiak..... 80% fat.... go and read the book again, that is not moderate fat intake and never does it imply you should be eating saturated fats like that..... are you sure you didn't mix up books...

This is a tough read, but for you people out there that can not learn enough about food, this is an incredieble read.
    Chris A. said it best... it is a literary masterpiece.

http://www.missabs.com/health/faigin.html
    MissAbs
    Dieting is a Sport-Eat to Win!

www.MissAbs.com

I think he meant that out of the 50% fat in his total diet, 80% was unsaturated. (meaning only 10% of his calories came from saturated fat.) Is that right, bro?

Mystic Eric
    Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
    5700!

Damn! how the f u c k are you not gainning!?!

I think you must have an anti-muscle building gene which is suppressing your muscle building gene. haha...

Sucks to be you then eh?
    chicken, i have anywhere between 4200-5000 cals a day. i still have trouble putting on weight. i guess it's just because me and cack are so young, and not like an old fart like you j/k

God's Replica
    Could someone please post an example of a 5000 cals diet? I need some inspiration because I already find it hard to ingest like 2800 cals/day... Thanks

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    Yes, Belial, that is correct.

Only 20%, average, of my fat intake is saturated fat. Overall fat intake is about 50 percent of my diet.

Originally posted by the terminator

i guess it's just because me and cack are so young, and not like an old fart like you j/k
    Yeah, me being 17 'un all....Damn I'm old....

Good idea. BTW, the reasons people are *****ing at you about eating "too many" cals.

A. They aren't growing.
    B. They can't / won't eat that many

**** it, man. Eat as many as you can, for as long as you can. I had to do the same thing. One of these days (read; years, lol) your metabolism is going to slow, and you won't need so many to grow.

MACHINE
    Oh yes, does it ever slow down. When I was training for football before my freshman year in college, I had the toughest time getting over 200 lbs while eating 6000 calories a day. Now, I have a tough time staying UNDER 200 lbs. I could easily balloon up to 220 on 4500 calories. That's something I can't afford to do since I have thousands of dollars worth of business clothes for work that I need to fit into. I don't think that I'd like the a$$ of my pants splitting during a presentation in front of the CEO.
    "He's the best damn rollerskater that ever lived...probably in the whole town" - Chris Pontius

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

Are you trying to get this young lad fat Beercan?

Lucky lucky. I'm still 18, and I can gain weight on 2300 while staying clean. 2300 is not really enough food to satisfy me over the day.

I am, indeed, a hog. I could eat all day long and not stop. Right now I'm at 5'11 149, cause I'm sucking 1600 calories a day. I GAINED weight, from 145 lbs. This makes really no sense, seeing as I stay away from sugars, lactose, and for the most part fats. Heh.

Oh well. Shiat happens.

Sun, sounds like me after i dieted two years ago. I lost so much on so few cals, that by the time i started gaining again, I could do it on under 2000. Now that I'm at a more normal weight (I was a RAIL), and eating buttloads of food, (Literally; I think I need to cut down on the fiber intake....) I'm forced to bump it up to about 2600-3000 just to maintain.....

Yea. I went crazy on the dieting thing. In 6 months, I went from 207 lbs, 38 inch waist, 25% bodyfat to ... ugh, 145 lbs, 31 inch waist, 12% bodyfat. Still trying to get to 10% so I can show some ab for the summer, but that would basically mean me not eating anything at all hardly, and I still need some muscle mass on me. So, bah... whatever. I guess I will just chub-a-lub for the summer, and show off what muscle I put on under (hopefully) a minimal amount of fat.