Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you like big and strong arms?

Guys,don't waste your money on a arm blaster All it does is force you to train strictly, you can do that without it (for free). I don't have anything against them, but I don't think they are a wise investment, and yes, I have used one.

Yeah god forbid that you train strictly! Stay away from it!!! Who would want to have a strict arm motion so you don't cheat?

Obviously I'm joking, I think the armblaster is a great tool and disagree with it being an "unwise investment." Depreciate it over 30 years. I do agree with high intensity low volume though, the armblaster just multiplies the effects of that.
    Last edited by AllNatural; 03-07-2002 at 11:29 AM.

acually i think its wise investment, it looks like it could realy blast ur arms since u cant cheat at all. But. how can u do such a strict curl with out it? leaning against a wall always feels akward to me...
    weight: 155?
    height: 5'9"

-LONGER TERM GOALS-
    benchpress: 275x1
    military press: 160x1
    deadlift: 405x1

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Chris Mason,

Thanks for writing the new article. It had a lot of good info in it

Originally posted by shredder
    acually i think its wise investment, it looks like it could realy blast ur arms since u cant cheat at all. But. how can u do such a strict curl with out it? leaning against a wall always feels akward to me...
    Ace

3:16
    Originally posted by AllNatural
    Yeah god forbid that you train strictly! Stay away from it!!! Who would want to have a strict arm motion so you don't cheat?

So you can't do exercise with good technique then? learn to train striclty, you may have to decrese the poundage.
    can you free weight squat then? or other exercise using free weights?
    with a arm blaster you might as well do the bicep machine curl. as adding a arm blaster take the free weight element out of the movement.
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

Two things Chris...

1- you used to bash me for talking about my "stats" to lend some credence to the advice I would give here at WBB, but it appears that is exactly what you have done. When I did it, it was bragging, and failing to offer scientific proof...what is it when you do it?

2- you mention that at your biggest, your right arm measured 19.5 inches. You also say that there are "some" pros with 20" inch arms(which in my opinion is silly...almost all except for the smallest ones have 20+ inch arms...the 275 lb guys probably are closer to 22-23")...are you claiming that at one time you had arms on par with many of the steroid enhanced professional bodybuilders? What were your stats at this time? Were you on steroids, insulin, GH, etc. Please explain.

This is not meant to piss you off. I really want to hear what you have to say to this, being that I always had to explain, prove and justify every word I ever wrote here, to you.

Originally posted by TripleP
    Chris Mason,

Thanks for writing the new article. It had a lot of good info in it
    Where is it? I didn't see a new article by chris in the drop down box in training.

Originally posted by gopro
    Two things Chris...

1- you used to bash me for talking about my "stats" to lend some credence to the advice I would give here at WBB, but it appears that is exactly what you have done. When I did it, it was bragging, and failing to offer scientific proof...what is it when you do it?

2- you mention that at your biggest, your right arm measured 19.5 inches. You also say that there are "some" pros with 20" inch arms(which in my opinion is silly...almost all except for the smallest ones have 20+ inch arms...the 275 lb guys probably are closer to 22-23")...are you claiming that at one time you had arms on par with many of the steroid enhanced professional bodybuilders? What were your stats at this time? Were you on steroids, insulin, GH, etc. Please explain.

This is not meant to piss you off. I really want to hear what you have to say to this, being that I always had to explain, prove and justify every word I ever wrote here, to you.

My problem with you was that you listed your stats in literally every single post you made (at that time). Big difference. You also made claims which don't add up (in my opinion).

No, I noted that the heavier professionals should (logically speaking) have arms that measure 20+". The professionals in Arnold's era did not have 20"+ arms (with a couple of notable exceptions), especially at contest time. When my arms measured 19.5" I was on steroids, as I have stated ad nauseum... I also weighed in the 240-250 lb range, and I was not in contest condition. I was not fat, but certainly not ripped either.

The difference between you and me, in my opinion, is that I am honest and truthful with regards to my stats, lifts, and bodybuilding experience. I am not going to claim perfection in this regard, but I am very close. I feel that you are not.

I don't see the article yet so I'm gonna write it:

Train to failure with high intensity with low volume. Use the arm blaster for extra forced adaption.

Any questions?

Ok Chris...thats fine. I think your post made it sound as if you feel that todays pros don't all have 20" arms...that they are the exception, rather than the rule. I feel that its the other way around...that almost every pro, even those that never place, have 20"+ arms, and those that don't are the exception(they are probably under 200 lbs...are there any of those anymore?).

Also, I did not know you ever took steroids...in fact I thought you never did. If you weighed 240-250 in decent shape, then your measurement is believable, being that I am a similar size right now.

The only other thing I must tell you is that I have been more than honest in any stat or measurement that I have reported and I don't think you have any reason to accuse me otherwise. Maybe you don't believe that I could have reached my level without ever having touched a drug...but I have.

Yes, I have mentioned my stats, and no one has ever said anything negative about it but you. However, I have also given people tons of usable information that I have gathered in my 17 years in this game as a trainer, coach, competitor, etc, to go along with any stats that I've mentioned. In fact, one of my main goals in telling people my stats is to let them know that some pretty impressive size and strength numbers can be reached without pharmaceuticals. You can be 250 lbs without drugs if you work your butt off, have patience, and do this stuff right!

Bottom line Chris, I know you are knowledgable, and, that you want to help people...just understand that in this regard, we are exactly the same.

GoPro, chill out he has accused me of making up lifts but its just because he miscalculated what I said I lifted. You like my article?

yo allnatural, ur article : high intensity + low volume + arm blaster = ACE
    weight: 155?
    height: 5'9"

-LONGER TERM GOALS-
    benchpress: 275x1
    military press: 160x1
    deadlift: 405x1

Originally posted by AllNatural
    GoPro, chill out he has accused me of making up lifts but its just because he miscalculated what I said I lifted. You like my article?
    Your case was an admitted mistake, his was not. I am not going to get into specifics, although he seems to be trying to reawaken an old argument. If GoPro, or anyone else on this site claims something I think is bullshit, then I will point it out, otherwise I am always supportive and helpful.
    Last edited by chris mason; 03-09-2002 at 06:52 AM.

bone crusher
    Today i deadlifted more than chris mason

outnumber

this worked great for me. it made my arms ache like hell for the next 2 days. i doubled the weight i could curl
    Started Lifting Again!
    Msn Messenger: delveyboy@hotmail.com
    Im always pissed off and have occasional peaceful spells - By MrWebb78
    Nothing says masculin like a dump on the floor - by Intensity

Simplistic
    Originally posted by chris mason

Your case was an admitted mistake, his was not. I am not going to get into specifics, although he seems to be trying to reawaken an old argument. If GoPro, or anyone else on this site claims something I think is bullshit, then I will point it out, otherwise I am always supportive and helpful.
    Can you please give some examples of GOPRO posting bullsh*t claims?

No, I am not interested in bringing that whole issue back.

Ok Chris...so let me get this straight. Your claims about arm size and your lifts are all honest and truthful, and mine are all fake. The way you advocate to train is smart, scientific, and will yield optimum results, and what I advocate is unintelligent, misleading, non-scientific, and is not optimal for making gains.

I've tried to be polite and reasonable. I tried to explain myself to you in respectful way, but you know what...you are just anarrogant, egotistical ass!

I was asked to come back here by many members because they miss my contributions. So, I'm staying to help. I am simply ignoring anything else you have to say regading me unless you make it personal.

I could care less what you think of my methods because I, and the hundreds of people I've helped know they work. Just do yourself a favor, and don't call me a liar or call me out on my
    character. See you around.

You guys are both here to help people, I hope, so just help people and go about your business. No reason to have anything against one another.

Originally posted by gopro
    Ok Chris...so let me get this straight. Your claims about arm size and your lifts are all honest and truthful, and mine are all fake. The way you advocate to train is smart, scientific, and will yield optimum results, and what I advocate is unintelligent, misleading, non-scientific, and is not optimal for making gains.

I've tried to be polite and reasonable. I tried to explain myself to you in respectful way, but you know what...you are just anarrogant, egotistical ass!

I was asked to come back here by many members because they miss my contributions. So, I'm staying to help. I am simply ignoring anything else you have to say regading me unless you make it personal.

I could care less what you think of my methods because I, and the hundreds of people I've helped know they work. Just do yourself a favor, and don't call me a liar or call me out on my
    character. See you around.

Why are you intent upon starting something again? As for your conclusions, they are pretty much what I think. I do think some of your advice is good. If you will recall, you are the one who asked me a question (a few posts back), I answered it truthfully, and you knew what the answer would be. That leads me to the conclusion that you want a fight. As in the past, if you say something I agree with I will say so, or say nothing. If you say something I think is inaccurate, I will say so. That is all.

I do not want a fight Chris. I want you to RESPECT my methodoligies, my training theories, and the advice I give to others, irrespective of whether you agree with them or not. If someone posts a question, simply answer it in the way you feel is best, and I will do the same...end of story.

Respect is earned.

awwwww
    Hugs for everyone