The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Look good, GoPro. How tall are you? You must be pretty damn filled out if you're 250 or so now (assuming yer under 6')
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

Like I said...that pic was taken in 99 at a competitive weight of 198. At that time, my offseason weight was about 230-235. Currently, I am just over 250, and am 5'11" tall. When I had more hair I might have been 6', lol.

Thanks for the compliment on the pic by the way

Wow Gopro you look great! You most definetly know how to diet! You look shredded! Awesome.
    "In the grand scheme of things, both things are quite superficial(obsessed with being muscular&ripped and incredibly strong). And yet lifting can teach you so much. My time at the gym--at least when I'm lifting--is invariably the high-point of my day. There aren't any questions; I almost don't even think. I go into an almost meditative trance-like state. Day-to-day worries become insignificant. I'm focused solely on the weight, and my reason for existence is clear. To move the bar and to improve on what I accomplished last time. Seldom are things so simple." - Blood&Iron

"Most people cannot understand what burns in our blood, the gym is our addiction and iron is our drug. People don't understand why we commit hours a day to a goal where progress is so small it seems immeasurable, why we do cardio instead of watch TV, why eat 6 meals a day, why we insist on ordering diet soda or how we can drink skim milk. Most people will simply never grasp why we refuse to settle for a mediocre body." - Severed Ties

Marcel, your compliment is very much appreciated. Thank you

Originally posted by chris mason
    Guys,don't waste your money on a arm blaster All it does is force you to train strictly, you can do that without it (for free). I don't have anything against them, but I don't think they are a wise investment, and yes, I have used one.
    Yes, stay away from the Arm Blaster, cause your arms might end up looking like this -->

Pic #1

Pic #2

3:16
    say away from hydroxycut as you might look like greg kovacs.

arnold did lots of other exercise for his arms not using the arm blaster. ALso it works as you contract your bicep so it grows. arnie arms would have looked the same if he had not have used it.
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

Really?

And Tom Platz's leg's would have looked the same if he did not used squats, right?

Originally posted by Mr.Anonymous

Yes, stay away from the Arm Blaster, cause your arms might end up looking like this -->

Pic #1

Pic #2

ACE

PS I can't believe Chris said that, well I guess it takes the spotlight off his article people want him to right a bit but I still hope he writes it if he has not yet
    Last edited by AllNatural; 03-14-2002 at 08:22 PM.

Originally posted by Mr.Anonymous
    Really?

And Tom Platz's leg's would have looked the same if he did not used squats, right?
    Mr A...you one crazy mo fo!

Comparing the usefulness of squats to the arm-blaster is out of line. You should have a 45 pound plate dropped on 'yer head.

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"

Pearls of Wisdom...

To answer your question...
    No I would not like big and strong arms!

The arm blaster, you're kidding me, are you the same people that use those damn electronic ab belts???
    Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    *drops 45 lb plate on Mr. A.*
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

Originally posted by Gyno Rhino
    Comparing the usefulness of squats to the arm-blaster is out of line. You should have a 45 pound plate dropped on 'yer head.
    LMAO

Yes, I am crazy!

I do not even use a Arm Blaster, and I do not think that squats and a Arm Blaster is a good comparison. I was just trying to make a point.

I don't think that chris should have discounted it's usefuleness, that's why I posted the two pics of Arnold.

I think everyone here needs to chill out!
    Last edited by Paul Stagg; 03-15-2002 at 07:15 AM.

Heh. I'll agree. It's useful. I think the nice thing is that when you have one, you don't have to worry about form as much and you can push it a bit harder. But it really ain't no different than a preacher bench or a vert bench, or a bar for the pressdowns.

Pearls of Wisdom...

The arm blaster is not a waste of time. Posting pics of Arnold using it does not mean we all should use it, but it certainly worked for him. I mean, we all have our preferred movements for each bodypart, not to mention individual ways of performing these movements. Personally, I hate preacher curls, but some swear by them. I rarely if ever squat, but have grown some pretty large thighs...Mr Platz would have me killed for this, but sorry, I prefer hacks and leg presses for quad development. What is my point? Hell if I know.

Preacher curls make my elbow jut out at a 45 degree angle and I think a 90 degree angle perfectly straight is much better for isolation and its more comfortable. Armblaster 4 life, plus chicks dig it.tuttut

You guys are ridiculous. Guess who sold an arm blaster? Hmmm, Joe Weider. Hmmmm. Guess who paid to bring Arnold to America? Hmmmm. Would you like to post the pic of Arnold with the chest expander as well, you know, the one with the chick on his shoulders. I bet that is how he got his huge chest as well . Arnold did not, and I repeat, did not build his arms with an arm blaster. He used one to pose for ads/articles for Weider, that is about all. Some of you guys are so bent on trying to give me ****, all it does is make you look like fools. I said that the arms blaster is a waste of money because it merely forces you to perform strict barbell curls. Any boob can do this without an arm blaster without much effort. That is all.

Weider also sells protein, that works

Originally posted by chris mason
    said that the arms blaster is a waste of money because it merely forces you to perform strict barbell curls. Any boob can do this without an arm blaster without much effort. That is all.
    I have said this same thing before. Maybe they'll listen to you.

I don't think anyone is trying to make you look silly Chris. Yes, Joe Weider sold the arm blaster, and Arnold was a Weider man...but that does not mean that Arnold may not have found an arm blaster to be beneficial to him. I have used one before and feel it somewhat differently than strict standing curls. Sort of like the difference between a standing "non-braced" dumbell concentration curl and a seated concentration curl with the arm braced on the inner thigh

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    I doubt Arnold used an arm blaster, I think of those as more of a tool for beginners to aid with their form. But, like wraps, they can lead to bad form, as you learn to use them as a crutch

Originally posted by gopro
    I don't think anyone is trying to make you look silly Chris. Yes, Joe Weider sold the arm blaster, and Arnold was a Weider man...but that does not mean that Arnold may not have found an arm blaster to be beneficial to him. I have used one before and feel it somewhat differently than strict standing curls. Sort of like the difference between a standing "non-braced" dumbell concentration curl and a seated concentration curl with the arm braced on the inner thigh
    GoPro you are the man

Bigger fewl
    LMAO at Weider guinea pigs!
    Squat...Eat...Sleep...Grow!

Carpe diem

Milk.... it does the body good.

Originally posted by AllNatural

GoPro you are the man
    Thank you my friend

bone crusher
    bump

-chris i am going to give this a shot in the near future. I'll let you know how it goes