The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Sore Throat, neck, and swollen glands

MY neck and throat are so painfully sore. I cant swallow without cringing and i have had a sore throat on and off for a couple of weeks now. This is the worst its been and it doesnt feel like a sore throat that accompanies a fever. It is actually just a strong bruising and painfull feeling. I feel fine strength wise and my body feels fine, but i hate anything that takes me away from 100% health. I wanna go to the gym tommorow and do squats. I Honestly dont think a sore througt will hurt ...my lifting but its just OVERALL annoying. I think im gonna hit it tommorow but i wanna know if anybody can provide input because you all are very helpful

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

sore throat

Maybe you have strep throat. Go to the doctor only antibiotics get rid of it.

First of all this thread should be posted under the "General Health" section of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by 325rider View Post
    MY neck and throat are so painfully sore. I cant swallow without cringing and i have had a sore throat on and off for a couple of weeks now. This is the worst its been and it doesnt feel like a sore throat that accompanies a fever. It is actually just a strong bruising and painfull feeling. I feel fine strength wise and my body feels fine, but i hate anything that takes me away from 100% health. I wanna go to the gym tommorow and do squats. I Honestly dont think a sore througt will hurt ...my lifting but its just OVERALL annoying. I think im gonna hit it tommorow but i wanna know if anybody can provide input because you all are very helpful
    I have had these symptoms before. Here is what my conclusions were.

1) I was not keeping my head consistently straight when doing lifts.
    2) Moving your head while doing shoulder shrugs is not advised. (I no longer do shoulder shrugs - there are better ways to exercise your shoulders.)
    3) Not drinking enough water while having a protein shake or a protein bar. (The directions usually recommend the user drinking an 8 oz. glass of water - this needs to be done.)

By eliminating needless shrugs and drinking more water, I was able to get rid of my condition in three to four days.

Again, I do not know your specific daily routine of lifting or nourishment but I wanted to share my thoughts and my own experiences.

Best,
    Andrew
    According to Purdue University and PubMed, I am classified as an individual who subjects himself to "chronic peanut ingestion and consumption".

"I love this forum. Where else can you ask about peanuts and get a response from someone with Mr. F'ing Peanut as his avatar!? Oh hells yes." - Rock Steady

"Man. I love it when Mr. Peanut posts in my journal. Perhaps because I feel we are kindred spirits with my serious peanut addiction." - Guido

"I love your posts. Brightens my day every time." - theJamAbides

Wannabebig Member
    Hey sorry about thread in the wrong forum. I was trying to figure out where to put it Guess i didnt see gen. health. ANYWAY, its a sore throat and i have white stuff on my glands now that i look at it. O WELL, looks like im going to the doc tommorow. I wanted to do squats so bad today