The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    I Think i'll try to do this thing now, it will be fun to look at this in a couple of month to see progress. i was doing it last year and it really helps to give you a kick in the but... you know youll write it down so you kinda feel obligated to do good. Dont know why i stoped

Diet was good today... bulking up right now, gained ten pounds in a month and a half. weighted mysel at the gym.. 182... hope to be 190 in one month.

Meal one
    cell tech
    1 serv of oatmeal
    1 meal replacement

Meal two
    1 Tuna sandwich
    1 meal replacement

Meal three
    Two glasses of milk
    1 serv rice
    veggies
    1 serv cold sliced beef
    1 fajitas

Meal four
    1 tuna sandwich
    1 meal replacement

Training: back /triceps
    Deads: max: 315x4
    chins: max: 11 reps
    Bent over rows: max 185x6+1 cheat

Lying ext: Max: personal record: 110x4
    bench dips: max: 45 lbsx8
    one arm over head ext: max 30lbsx5

post workout meal five

cell tech
    meal replacement with 8 egg whites, flax seeed oil, and milk
    2 serv chips--Hey Im bulking and its my journal...s o **** off!!

Meal six
    small frozen dinner consisting of chicken, mashed potatoes an veggies (15 g protein)
    Beef (i would say about 60 g worth)

Meal seven
    1 serv oatmeal
    flax seed oil
    can of tuna
    8 egg whites
    Eat Tuna!
    "Ya don't touch my tuna, I don't kill you."- by Tuna Master
    "Part of getting what you want is knowing what you have to give up." - by who knows. ME? Eat Tuna!
    My Journal - My FitDay -

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Past two days was low eating days, didn't track food intake... very low protein.
    Now that metabolism is slowed down again... its eating time
    off day

Meal one
    Cell Tech
    CAn of tuna
    Two serv oatmeal

Meal two
    8 egg whites
    1 meal replacement

Meal three
    Beef
    Potatoes
    verggies

Meal four
    8 egg whites
    1 meal replacement
    1 bananna

Meal five
    Pasta
    chicken breasts
    glass of milk
    2 tbl spoon flax seed oil

Meal six
    Beef
    Potatoes
    veggies

Meal seven
    Meal repalcement

Plus:
    Chips
    glass of milk
    chicken breast
    can of tuna
    Eat Tuna!
    "Part of getting what you want is knowing what you have to give up." - by who knows. ME? Eat Tuna!
    My Journal - My FitDay -

Didn't eat as much as i would like in the last couple of days. Since im writing this, i hope i will kick myself in the arse and eat more... my bulk up was going great.. haven't llost any weight though despite the lower eating. im still 184lbs, the plan is to get up to 190lbs, ive never been higher than what i am now. The gilfrend is starting to tease about the belly though Hey! im bulking alright!

today's eating until now:

8 egg whites mixed with a meal replacement

1 turkey sandwich
    1 small chocolate milk
    one apple

1 pita with chicken
    1 lg choco milk
    1 chip

its noon

Goal: to be 186 by saturday to go see sinep with a huge belly at the competition this saturday... very excited about that! its the first time i go see one * yey!*
    Eat Tuna!
    My Journal - My FitDay -

Only starting eating ok, since yesterday, not like i said last time... this time im doin it!
    My body weight is down to 179lbs damnit! lost 5 pounds! gotta be 190 by june first... an official goal.
    Im dropping the Cel tech for a month... i cant even smell the stuff.. been taking it for 4 months.. seen good results, now i will only try to keep the strenght gained or continue to improve until next month.

today's eating was good

1 lg boal honey nut cheerios
    1 steak

tuna sandwich

meal replacement

6'' turkey sub
    1 apple
    1 lg choco milk
    1 nutrigrain bar

meal replacement

training

chest+shoulders

Bench
    warm up: 135x12, 185x7
    max: 240x3+1 spot

flies
    warm up: 30 lbs dbx12
    max: 40 lbs db x 8
    last stretch set: 30 lbs x 10

seated shoulder press
    warm up: 40x10
    max: 60x8

lateral raises
    warm up: 25x12
    2 sets: 30 x 10

clean and press
    3 sets: 95x8, 95x6, 95x5

meal repalcement in pinnapple juice
    +30 g soy protein
    1 bananna

chicken with potatoes

their will prob be an 8th-eating the 7th right now, still 2 hours before bedtime.. probably will be toasts with pb, honey, bananna, protein powder and butter
    Eat Tuna!
    My Journal - My FitDay -

Diet has been good like i said last time

Trained legs yesterday

squats:
    135x12, 225x8, 275x7, 335x3
    leg press:
    4 platesx12, 6 platesx6, 7 platesx3
    leg curl:
    55lbsx12, 80x6, 80x4
    standing calf raises:
    1 plate on smith machinex12, 2 platesx10, 2 plates+25x8

plus: my gf gave me kinder suprises for easter and i got this cool airplane wouhou!
    Eat Tuna!
    My Journal - My FitDay -

Damit! already starting to lose strenght from stoping the Cell Tech Ive been upping my calories in hopes to keep the strenght and weight gains i had with it. I think i might start again in one week and a half- two weeks.
    Trained Chest and shoulders today... Bench was 245x2! i did 4 last week damit! need creatine!
    Doing shoulders after chest is pretty damn hard cause the shoulders and triceps are already tired. I going up in reps on shoulder press each week on this routine though (3rd week on the routine), im only doing the 60's on shoulder press but my reps are going up each week.. did 7 this week. ( im doing, for shoulders: db press, side laterals, shrugs, clean 'n press.)... ( for chest i only did bench and flys (40's db's)

Im gonna reach that damn 190lbs by june first no mather what!!
    Eat Tuna!
    My Journal - My FitDay -

Bulking is fun its going alright, gained two pounds, since last update ( i have a belly now@ 186 lbs )
    And i didn't even start back the Cell Tech mwehehehe.
    I'm starting the Cell Tech back next monday. At the rate im going, i'll blast past that goal of reaching 190 lbs way before hand ( goal is to : reach 190 lbs by june first 2001) I' m at my heaviest i've ever been right now, the heaviest i had reach in the past was 184.
    Trained legs today good workout

Squats: 225x10, 275x10, 335x 3 ( stuck at three since last week, gonna stay here till i reach at least 7 reps) 315x4... in between 1 set leg extension, kinda like cack suggested to prefatigue the quads because my butt is gettin large and one last set of squats after: 225x16... definately felt the quads!

leg curl:
    55x12
    85x6
    85x4

seated calf raises
    45x12
    70x9
    70x8

diet for the day:
    shake with OJ and flax seed oil and a bananna

apple
    big choco milk
    turkey sandwich

Pita bread wrap ( turkey again )
    Big choco milk
    small chip

orange
    egg sandwich
    small choco milk
    small piece of cheese

shake with OJ and a banana

Huge steak
    Chips
    Oatmeal

not eaten yet
    Eat Tuna!
    My Journal - My FitDay -

Damn journal, i guess I have to be honnest with you
    Today was a sucky day! happy? hehe

off day ( thank god! my legs are sore as hell)

I just ate three meal

Muffin OJ

Mcdonalds

Chips, 2 cans tuna, graham cacker, mayo and pickles

Oh woupie dou, what i diet, going like this i sure will reach my goal of hitting the big 190 by june, except that there wont be a one in front!

As i'm a positive person, i will take this day as a day to serve a slowing the metabolism down day

Tomorow is eating again! no more bull**** tuttut

I prepare lots a meals..... Chicken, rice, potatoes, Beef Roast, and protein bars (sort of, i will see tomorow how they will taste, they should have 40 g each of protein with lots of good fats and carbs....Basically it was : (Peanut butter, Soya protein, milk, honney, whole oats, crused dryed banannas and coffee and jelly inb the middle)
    Last edited by Frankster; 04-24-2001 at 07:18 PM.
    Eat Tuna!
    My Journal - My FitDay -

Bulking is going ok although ive lost five pounds in the last 4 days, i slacked eating, i find my body responds better when i bulk for like a week-week and a half, then slow down a little bit for a couple of days, i think it slows down my metabolism again, so i gain more once i start eating again. before slowing down, i reached a peek of 192 lbs, already pas tmy goal of 190 for june first , im now 187, starting to eat again tomorow, should be around 193-194 by sunday.

Today was leg day. It was not bad, although im stuck at the same squat weight for a month, ah well, can't always add weight i guess.

Squats:
    warm up ( barx12, 135x10, 225x9)
    275x8
    335x3
    leg extension: 100x12
    squat: 225x12

leg curls:
    warm up (40x12)
    70x8
    85x5

Standing calf raises
    warm up (bwx12)
    on smith machine ( 1-45'sx12)
    2-45's x 8
    2-45's+25's x 5

Might as well wright this in here too: I'm starting to seriously think about using gear, i was going to wait t'ill i am 22 , in two years but.... someone made me realize... why? I couldn't really answer anything intelligent ... like .. i want to get to know my body, i want to learn how to train properly, etc. so im starting to wonder if now is not the time. So im starting to educate myself on the subject, and depending on the time i have to invest in studying, i might start in 3-6 months.
    I think it would be a godd time, ive done good progress since I started, 3 1/2 years ago, i was 124@5'6''@apx 10 % bf, im now 190 ( apx ) @ 5'7'' @ apx 18% bf.
    Ive studied nutrition pretty much, i consider my self pretty knowlegeble in nutrition, supplementation and training science.
    After a while being natural is very hard, recuparating takes longer, cause oyu have to lift heavier and heavier, so you have to eat more to cut recuparation time, but theres a limit in eating. I feel gear would be a nice tool to help me recuperate
    Last edited by Frankster; 05-07-2001 at 05:15 PM.
    Eat Tuna!
    My Journal - My FitDay -

Im taking a week off, wrist starts to hurt again, biceps is ****ed up, i think theres something wrong with the insertion. I need a break, been training heavy for too long now, its starting to have negative effects.

Im 190, will try and set goals and plan this week. Im going to stay at 190 for this week.

Strenght is starting to g down, so its time for a break.

My fix of taking steroids is over, i'll stick to my original plan. I would like to compete once natural before going on the juice, if i see that i look good enough.
    Eat Tuna!
    My Journal - My FitDay -

WEll, im back after a much needed break. Diet wasn't really good latelly.. i droped 5 pounds.. im 185 now.
    Im trying to go higher reps for a while now... its friggin though.. i feel like im gonna puke all the time and i have zero enery..im dead after the first exercise. Im gonna up my training days as well.. to 4-5 days a week.

overall..its not going too well... but hopefully i'll get used again to higher reps and more frequent training. I feel that my body has got too used to just trainng 3 days a week and takes too long to recuperate. Also it seems that its just used to push hard for 2-5 reps then stop. higher reps will also serve as a little cardio.
    Eat Tuna!
    My Journal - My FitDay -

getting back in the hang of higher reps and frequent training. its going not bad, been kicking myself in the ass ass couple of days in regards of diet,.

there will not be anymore slacking! tuttut
    Eat Tuna!
    My Journal - My FitDay -

Yeah me too, I feel like I need some conditioning.. after I hit the 200 I will try to get in better shape
    "Damn, I'm looking good" -Duke Nukem
    "I look cool dude" -Pig From the Sky

It's going not bad? Hmm...

STFU you friggin english square head
    Eat Tuna!
    My Journal - My FitDay -

I really don't understand the square head insult ... maybe it loses something in the translation?
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

nah, thats just how we call you down here.. dont really understand why eighter... its just i didnt want to say something to mean... but since you insist!.....
    nah i just cant .. im too nice.
    Eat Tuna!
    My Journal - My FitDay -

damn blokes.

diet sucks... training ain't bad.. bw is pretty stable... 186... still gotta kick myself in the arse and do it! grrr... will someone kik me in the arse real hard please.
    Eat Tuna!
    My Journal - My FitDay -

Maki puts his foot up Frankstar's azz.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

why thank you
    Eat Tuna!
    My Journal - My FitDay -

update: I suck

I almost didn't train at all in the last 2 months.. I've lost 15 pounds... diet sucks.. just getting back into it
    Eat Tuna!
    My Journal - My FitDay -

Bespoke Super Mod
    How is the diet and training at present?
    "A + B + C = Success if, A = Hard Work, B = Hard Play, C = Keeping your mouth shut" -Albert
    Einstein

I've always gone to the gym with the conviction that I'll be the hardest working mother****er in the joint. Make that your credo, and hope we don't lift at the same place.
    -- Adam Fahy

"Fran is a double-hard bastard"- Clint Brewer 31/12/02

Franko you better be gettin' your a$$ in the gym! Are you still training regularly?

hehehe.. ummmm.... *runs in corner to hide*

Trying to get back into it.
    Eat Tuna!
    My Journal - My FitDay -