The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Very bad joint aches and pains!

Is there anything I can do for joint aches and pains? I haven't been able to weightlift in two days because they are so bad and I haven't been able to sleep that well either. I can hardly move my neck, my ankles hurt so bad I can barely walk, and my knees ache too. I'm not to keen on using medications, but if there is something that would help that would be awesome. Could it be the medication that I was prescribed for my asthma? I have four more days on the medication and since I have taken it I have had a huge bruise on my legs that won't heal, I still have trouble breathing, and it feels like my body is just being shot down. Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by sharkall2003; 03-25-2007 at 06:46 AM.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

dude you might want to chat up your doctor on this one.

Alot of people like to take glucosamine for joints and i'm a big fan of taking magnesium which is a natural relaxant for tendons ligament and muscles etc.This can help releive joint pain caused by a muscle spasm etc

I used to have the worst knee pain ever till i stopped locking out on leg exercises and started taking magnesium... give er a shot
    Last edited by Roddy; 03-26-2007 at 02:09 AM.

You should definately call your pharmacist and doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Built View Post
    Asthma meds. Is it a steroid med?
    I was wondering the same thing.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

It's steroid medication.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs

There we go. It's the meds. Not all steriods are anabolic. This one's catabolic. Talk to your doctor. On here, ask Razorcut, The Doc, ectx ...

Yeah, because I've been taking the medication for almost two weeks now (10 or 11 days) and I still have phlegm in my throat and lungs, I wheeze in the morning when I wake up and I still have trouble breathing. Plus I am lethargic and feeling fatigued constantly.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs