Thread: XM Radio

XM Radio

I'm lookin into getting XM Radio for my car and home. I'm looking on spending no more than 200 dollars. What are the good ones to take a gander at? I would also like one that doesn't need to have a antena wire running in my car. My preference would be one with a built in antena where I only have a wire running out for the power.

Not sure if you can do it that way, but I'd suggest Sirius over XM any day.

You also don't want to use the FM transmitter either, if you have a cd player wit h an aux port you'll want to hook the satellite receiver like that.. no static/interference pretty much at all.

It shouldn't cost you but 100$ at the most + the cost of the subscription.

I remember hearing that Sirius and XM are in talks and that there may be a merger/buyout.

There was, but it won't really change anything until the end of the year. I do believe that Sirius (moreover howard stern) bought out XM. Not exactly sure of the fine print though.

Why exactly were you looking into getting XM? Hopefully soon the merger will take place and it won't matter then what service you have....but as of now another vote for Sirius. Howard Stern's the mannnnnnnnn

Quote Originally Posted by markdk86 View Post
    I'm lookin into getting XM Radio for my car and home. I'm looking on spending no more than 200 dollars. What are the good ones to take a gander at? I would also like one that doesn't need to have a antena wire running in my car. My preference would be one with a built in antena where I only have a wire running out for the power.
    they have the portable unit with built in antenna that can be used in your car, home, and obviously on the go(portable!)

the older version i have was 149 AFTER a mail in rebate from best buy. they have newer portables out right now that are supposed to also be mp3 players and all kinds of neat new features. check their website for prices and products.

http://www.xmradio.com/shop/index.xmc
    Last edited by MrWebb78; 03-06-2007 at 08:47 PM.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.