The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Not enough

Not enough

Hey

I've have just started to use the WBB1 split. Well after working out I felt that it was not enough exercise, sets, ect. I have been working out for a while and stoped, but i was never on a split or never knew what I was doing I did what my brother told me.

Is it normall to feel that it is not enough. I know everyone says that newbies tend to over work but i'm just not sure.

Thanks for any help.
    Weight:185
    Height:5'11
    Goal:To get huge.

"Others would just say, 'Death Valley' and leave it at that. But not LSU. Here, it's 'Welcome to Death Valley.' That's beautiful. It's like descending into Hell and finding a sign that reads, 'Satan Invites You to Enjoy Eternal Damnation.'" -Jim Capel, ESPN

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Quote Originally Posted by saia127 View Post
    Hey

I've have just started to use the WBB1 split. Well after working out I felt that it was not enough exercise, sets, ect. I have been working out for a while and stoped, but i was never on a split or never knew what I was doing I did what my brother told me.

Is it normall to feel that it is not enough. I know everyone says that newbies tend to over work but i'm just not sure.

Thanks for any help.
    Yeah, it's normal. Just stick to the routine, it's a good one.

Banned
    Yeah that's what I thought at first too. I started using heavier weights and it became exhausting.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSpikeyThing View Post
    Yeah that's what I thought at first too. I started using heavier weights and it became exhausting.
    I was at failure for a couple of the lifts within the 6-8 reps, but i'm probably just not used to it.

"Others would just say, 'Death Valley' and leave it at that. But not LSU. Here, it's 'Welcome to Death Valley.' That's beautiful. It's like descending into Hell and finding a sign that reads, 'Satan Invites You to Enjoy Eternal Damnation.'" -Jim Capel, ESPN

Banned
    I was at failure for a couple of the lifts within the 6-8 reps, but i'm probably just not used to it.
    Don't go to failure. If you can't get the next rep, don't start it.

Word of the Day: "INTENSITY"

Height: 6'2
    Weight: 195 (01JAN09)
    B/F: 11%
    Goal Weight: 210
    Starting weight: 150 (10/1/04)

Hey

Thanks for any help.
    Don't just walk through the routine. Use heavy weights. Where it says like 3x8 for example. Don't be doing the 7th and 8th reps like the 1st through 6th. You should be on the verge of failure at these reps. Not saying that is what you are doing but I have seen too many people smiling when they are lifting weights at the gym. When I see that I just think 'wtf?' When I lift weights I don't smile, I cry.

Last edited by -Superman-; 03-06-2007 at 11:21 AM.
    From 155 lbs to 200 lbs (PICS/VIDS INCLUDED)

Height: 6'0"; BW: 202lbs; Age: 24; BF: ~11%
    155lbs [07-01-06] 176lbs [09-14-06] 179lbs [09-21-06] 182lbs [10-02-06] 184lbs [10-18-06] 186lbs [10-23-06] 187lbs [11-08-06] 189lbs [11-19-06] 190lbs [11-21-06] 191lbs [12-21-06] 194lbs [12-31-06]

Bench: 250lbs; Squat: 350lbs lbs; Deadlift: 430 lbs

Military: 111lbsx8; Dips: BWx30; Pullups: BWx10; WChestP: 360lbsx7; 45LegP: 470lbsx20; C Raise: 360lbs; BB Curl: 105lbsx3; Lat Pull: 195lbsx5

I also add a warmup set for each exercise before doing the sets in the routine.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancom41 View Post
    Word of the Day: "INTENSITY"
    :withstupi
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Ok sounds good.
    Thanks for the help.

keep the time your in the gym low while keeping the intensity high. You'll feel pretty tired when you leave
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW