The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Simplistic
    Quote Originally Posted by ancom41 View Post
    Acutane is a miracle drug, but it causes sever deperession.
    In a very small percentage of people who use it, and given that a lot of people using it are teenagers I wonder how many of them would be depressed anyways. I have used it and all I got was chapped lips. If it caused depression then stop taking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohizzle View Post
    I was under the impression that starting that young could **** with thyroid, and thus this could possibly have stemmed from that. go see a doctor.
    Hmmm I really didnt know that. I guess I really should see an endocrinologist.

Thanks for all the inputs
    "Always striving to achieve the perfect body is not an easy task. It requires lots of sacrifices, organization and discipline. But personally, I wouldn't have it any other way..."

God didn't bless me a good genetics. Instead, He gave me the will to improve myself... until the day I die

Treat your body well. Feed it well and exercise it, so that you can use all it's beauty and strenght.

Acutane is a miracle drug, but it causes sever deperession. I cant imagine the emotional rollercoaster this kid will be on. Aggression from the test, and Depression from the acutane, throw in some ED medication for heightened arousal and we will get one f***ed up kid
    agreed, that stuff is seriously nasty

i was on it for a full cycle, boy it messes you up, i came out about 8kg lighter than i was when i started, took me months to get back to where i was pre-accutane

edit: that being said, if your desperate, it really does work miracles
    Last edited by soul71; 03-20-2007 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soul71 View Post
    agreed, that stuff is seriously nasty

i was on it for a full cycle, boy it messes you up, i came out about 8kg lighter than i was when i started, took me months to get back to where i was pre-accutane

edit: that being said, if your desperate, it really does work miracles
    i was on accutane for 6 months lol, all it did to me was give me a dry face and got rid of all my acne. i think its amazing, if getting rid of your acne is depressing to you, then i would not recomend this drug.

Gamer/Lifter
    You look good, but not what you'd expect after 7 years of training. Esp with gear.

Did you truly train hard, and throughly for those 7 years?
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.
    "It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
    "It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
    "It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Quote Originally Posted by Nik00117 View Post
    You look good, but not what you'd expect after 7 years of training. Esp with gear.

Did you truly train hard, and throughly for those 7 years?
    Actually no... specially the beginning when I was 15. It's hard at that age to have the discipline to train / eat like u should. Specially the eating part... wasn't really good at that age. Perhaps in a few years I get where I want to... Im very disciplined now
    "Always striving to achieve the perfect body is not an easy task. It requires lots of sacrifices, organization and discipline. But personally, I wouldn't have it any other way..."

God didn't bless me a good genetics. Instead, He gave me the will to improve myself... until the day I die

Treat your body well. Feed it well and exercise it, so that you can use all it's beauty and strenght.

By the looks of your back that "gear" is having a bad effect on you, stop. It's not your diet or your sweaty bland, it's the extra hormones. You admit to not really working out your legs, well, that's 50% of your body weight. Squats will help you gain body mass, compound exercises will help, cut back on cardio, take extra complex carbs, high protein, MRP, and whole milk will help. Avoid processed foods, they digest quicker. Bodybuilding is a science and you must learn to read your body, don't punish it.
    Last edited by steveo; 04-21-2007 at 01:29 AM.
    "The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." -Steve Prefontaine

Motivate a fatty here.

Banned
    You look good. That's an incredible amount of food to be stuffing down every day. Definately see a doc.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    In a very small percentage of people who use it, and given that a lot of people using it are teenagers I wonder how many of them would be depressed anyways. I have used it and all I got was chapped lips. If it caused depression then stop taking it.
    That is accounted for. A larger proportion of people developed depression when using accutane, then those who didn't take it.
    Oh and the chapped lips/dry eyes/nose bleeds suck. OP, I'd still reccommend it if you're acne bothers you.

Acutane is a miracle drug, but it causes sever deperession. I cant imagine the emotional rollercoaster this kid will be on. Aggression from the test, and Depression from the acutane, throw in some ED medication for heightened arousal and we will get one f***ed up kid
    Sorry but I have to comment.

Accutane CAN cause severe depression just like any serious drug can cause other symptoms. The chances of getting depression or any other severe side affect combined is less than 1 percent. Thats seems EXTREMELY reasonable. There are many more drugs out there with worse side effects that occur alot more frequent.
    For example, prednisone. Go look up the list of things that can do to you. When people here say theyre going on that stuff no one else says "No man that stuff can give you depression".
    Last edited by BFGUITAR; 04-21-2007 at 10:19 AM.

I took Accutane and it does work wonders, but it causes weak joints. Depression was not my worry, I hated the fact that my knees would hurt during heavy squats and my shoulders and elbows would hurt during heavy bench.
    "The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." -Steve Prefontaine

Motivate a fatty here.

I only experienced chapped lips, dry skin... dry eyes...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BFGUITAR View Post
    I only experienced chapped lips, dry skin... dry eyes...
    Lucky you