The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

My photos from 7 years of training

So guys, these are my photos of years of training. The only time that I stopped was when my girlfriend broke up with me... I got depressed and stopped for 8 months. Didn't eat right and stuff, and became really skinny again. But I won't put a photo of that time coz that's just pathetic.

Here with 17 years old, 2 year of training (I wasn't eating right and stuff, so I gained like 13-14 pounds in 2 years)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4..._cwb/Fi006.jpg

Here with 18, 1st cycle of test (yeah I know, I really did **** cycling this young)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4..._cwb/Fi050.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...b/DSC02955.jpg

And here with 22 (now). I've done 1 small and other big cycles, and here I am: 5'9'', 165lbs... nothing really big, but Im working hard to get bigger.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...b/DSC00097.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...b/DSC00070.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...b/DSC00109.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...b/DSC00132.jpg

Well, I need ur opinion guys to say what I need to get better, except for legs coz I know I have a 14 years old legs. I just made the STUPID DECISION years ago to not train legs, and now there's been like a year or so that I started training them again. Please, any opinions are welcome
    Last edited by Fcancel; 03-08-2007 at 07:50 AM.
    "Always striving to achieve the perfect body is not an easy task. It requires lots of sacrifices, organization and discipline. But personally, I wouldn't have it any other way..."

God didn't bless me a good genetics. Instead, He gave me the will to improve myself... until the day I die

Treat your body well. Feed it well and exercise it, so that you can use all it's beauty and strenght.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

looking good! and start squatting..

ps the backne kinda made me itchy just a little
    [SIZE=".01"][/SIZE][SIZE=".01"][/SIZE][SIZE=".01"]Maintaining/Conditioning
    5'5 146 lbs
    progress pics
    Bench press 315 x 1 Dec. 05 Squat 295 x 1 Dec. 05 Dead Lift405 x 1 Dec 05
    Bench press 325 x 1 Jul. 09 Squat 435 x 1 Jul. 09 Dead Lift 480 x1 July 09
    "No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?"
    "Beef is my favorite animal." -CiteCollegiale

You have been training for 7 years, done 1 small and other big cycles and you weigh 165lbs at 5'9"? Dude stop with the gear, learn to eat and train and gain some ****ing weight.
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

Yea man I have to agree.. your looking good, but not good enough to warrant continuing the gear. Your side effects are more pronounced than your results. Im not gonna give you the "anti-steriod" lecture, because I could care less.. but I think most people will agree that if your not making gains that out weigh the side effects then you should drop the ****.

You need to get a base first. Learn to eat and train properly, and then make major health decisions like running another cycle later.

Height: 6'2
    Weight: 195 (01JAN09)
    B/F: 11%
    Goal Weight: 210
    Starting weight: 150 (10/1/04)

Go Nets
    You have no business touching gear. Not because no one should, but because you haven't put in the work and education, and are going to **** yourself up. You are 22. Your body is an anabolic machine. You haven't NEAR hit your limits to be ****ing around like that.

Read this -------------->> pipes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phatmonky View Post
    You have no business touching gear. Not because no one should, but because you haven't put in the work and education, and are going to **** yourself up. You are 22. Your body is an anabolic machine. You haven't NEAR hit your limits to be ****ing around like that.

:withstupi

I agree 100%. You could have had much better gains naturally if you really wanted. I'd ditch the gear and focus more on your routine and diet. Not that you don't look good but I would have never been able to tell you were on gear (aside from the backne) and have been training for 7 years.
    5'11" 220lbs.

BENCH - 330 x 1
    SQUAT - 405 x 1
    DEADLIFT - 450 x 1

"Whenever you do a thing, act as if all the world were watching." -- T.J.
    "Every success is built on the ability to do better than good enough." -- Unknown

Ex-Twig. Future Freak. Rock Steady's Avatar
    I agree that you look good, but you should bank the cash you've been spending on gear. Take the cash and buy some steak, whole wheat bread, and a crapload of peanuts so you can get to eat'n!!! At your age, you should be able to hit 185 by the end of the year without a problem - assuming that your goal is size.
    My Journal & Before/After Bulk Pictures
    6'1, 217 lbs
    Lifts (lbs): D:465 / SQ (to ||):335 / DB Bench: 110s x 4 / TK:8

Why the cycles? You have a nice physique but for seven years of training you have a long ways to go.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

Thanks for the comments guys
    About the problem on eating is that Im already eating more than 5000kcal / day, and my stomach just cant take anymore. I try to eat more and... cant. Some of u may think I have a blessed metabolism for eating that much and dont gain bodyfat, but the price is that I just get muscle mass too damn slow. By the way, I always had acne on my back (sure it got worse with the juice, but always had it), I'll try to get another picture of me without any cycle and u'll notice.
    Oh, and beleive me, my discipline and eating is not bad at all, much on the contrary. But it appears that when I eat more, my body just throw the energy out in form of bodyheat and stuff... and it just ****s up my acne even more, coz my back sweats too much. If anyone have any idea how to end this cycle of "eating + = sweating + and spending +", I would REALLY REALLY appreciate.
    Thanks for the comments again =)
    "Always striving to achieve the perfect body is not an easy task. It requires lots of sacrifices, organization and discipline. But personally, I wouldn't have it any other way..."

God didn't bless me a good genetics. Instead, He gave me the will to improve myself... until the day I die

Treat your body well. Feed it well and exercise it, so that you can use all it's beauty and strenght.

Quote Originally Posted by Fcancel View Post
    Thanks for the comments guys
    About the problem on eating is that Im already eating more than 5000kcal / day, and my stomach just cant take anymore. I try to eat more and... cant. Some of u may think I have a blessed metabolism for eating that much and dont gain bodyfat, but the price is that I just get muscle mass too damn slow. By the way, I always had acne on my back (sure it got worse with the juice, but always had it), I'll try to get another picture of me without any cycle and u'll notice.
    Oh, and beleive me, my discipline and eating is not bad at all, much on the contrary. But it appears that when I eat more, my body just throw the energy out in form of bodyheat and stuff... and it just ****s up my acne even more, coz my back sweats too much. If anyone have any idea how to end this cycle of "eating + = sweating + and spending +", I would REALLY REALLY appreciate.
    Thanks for the comments again =)
    Go see a doctor, learn to properly track calories and man up. Unless you are a freak, gaining weight should not be rocket science.
    Last edited by Sidior; 03-08-2007 at 09:18 AM.
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

If you can't eat any more, then perhaps you need a new hobby. You don't get big without eating big, gear or not. You're just wasting your time an risking unnecessary side effects if you can't even get your diet in order. Try going above 5k cals a day by adding in some shakes, or eating earlier (or even a meal in the middle of the night) to get some extra calories in. If there is NOTHING you can do to eat more than 5,000 calories in a day then bodybuilding is probably not for you.
    Scars are tatoos with better stories.

2 words: back scrubber.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

Simplistic
    Arms and shoulders look good in that last pic. I don't see any gains that couldn't have been made naturally though. An accutane cycle will most likely clear up the acne. Make some high calorie shakes with milk, protein powder, fruit, peanut butter; get creative and the calories shouldn't be a problem. Twenty rep squats worked great to blow my legs up. Any squat variation will probably show good results though, just stick to it and squat deep.
    Last edited by Neil; 03-08-2007 at 09:45 AM.

no more juice for you, eat 6 big meals a day. and train hard. Youll gain huge
    STATS:
    Toronto
    6'0" 210lbs

How hard were you working in these 7 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil
    An accutane cycle will most likely clear up the acne.
    Acutane is a miracle drug, but it causes sever deperession. I cant imagine the emotional rollercoaster this kid will be on. Aggression from the test, and Depression from the acutane, throw in some ED medication for heightened arousal and we will get one f***ed up kid

Height: 6'2
    Weight: 195 (01JAN09)
    B/F: 11%
    Goal Weight: 210
    Starting weight: 150 (10/1/04)

Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar
    I have to agree with everyone else.

If you had been natural your gains would still be very.....slow. Now that you've told us you've been on a cycle....with your stats, you should really consider making some major adjustments in your overall plans. After 7 years, unless you're doing everything wrong.....even most natural bodybuilders have some impressive stats and they are usually HUGE.

I would lay off the anabolics until you get a better understanding of gaining weight. Anyways, good luck.

P.S. I feel you on the backne. That stuff is gross..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jordanbcool; 03-08-2007 at 10:41 AM.
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

I don't believe you're eating 5k calories. If you were eating you should have been able to gain quite a bit of weight on your own.

Seriously though stop using gear. You're only digging yourself a hole.
    Fighters are teh bomb -Getfit

Test is test is test is test. It'll all bloat you the same! -BCC

Simplistic
    Quote Originally Posted by ancom41 View Post
    Acutane is a miracle drug, but it causes sever deperession.
    In a very small percentage of people who use it, and given that a lot of people using it are teenagers I wonder how many of them would be depressed anyways. I have used it and all I got was chapped lips. If it caused depression then stop taking it.

Banned
    You look good. That's an incredible amount of food to be stuffing down every day. Definately see a doc.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    In a very small percentage of people who use it, and given that a lot of people using it are teenagers I wonder how many of them would be depressed anyways. I have used it and all I got was chapped lips. If it caused depression then stop taking it.
    That is accounted for. A larger proportion of people developed depression when using accutane, then those who didn't take it.
    Oh and the chapped lips/dry eyes/nose bleeds suck. OP, I'd still reccommend it if you're acne bothers you.

Acutane is a miracle drug, but it causes sever deperession. I cant imagine the emotional rollercoaster this kid will be on. Aggression from the test, and Depression from the acutane, throw in some ED medication for heightened arousal and we will get one f***ed up kid
    agreed, that stuff is seriously nasty

i was on it for a full cycle, boy it messes you up, i came out about 8kg lighter than i was when i started, took me months to get back to where i was pre-accutane

edit: that being said, if your desperate, it really does work miracles
    Last edited by soul71; 03-20-2007 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soul71 View Post
    agreed, that stuff is seriously nasty

i was on it for a full cycle, boy it messes you up, i came out about 8kg lighter than i was when i started, took me months to get back to where i was pre-accutane

edit: that being said, if your desperate, it really does work miracles
    i was on accutane for 6 months lol, all it did to me was give me a dry face and got rid of all my acne. i think its amazing, if getting rid of your acne is depressing to you, then i would not recomend this drug.

Sorry but I have to comment.

Accutane CAN cause severe depression just like any serious drug can cause other symptoms. The chances of getting depression or any other severe side affect combined is less than 1 percent. Thats seems EXTREMELY reasonable. There are many more drugs out there with worse side effects that occur alot more frequent.
    For example, prednisone. Go look up the list of things that can do to you. When people here say theyre going on that stuff no one else says "No man that stuff can give you depression".
    Last edited by BFGUITAR; 04-21-2007 at 10:19 AM.

Ex-Twig. Future Freak. Rock Steady's Avatar
    You say 5,000 cals a day and you aren't gaining. A few thoughts.
    -Have you been tracking this? Are you just eating 5,000 most days, or are you really hitting 150,000 cals a month?
    -Do you do any cardio? You may want to stop if you do.
    -Do you take ritalin, diet pills, or drink a lot of coffee? Those can suppress the appetite and up your metabolism.

Good luck.
    My Journal & Before/After Bulk Pictures
    6'1, 217 lbs
    Lifts (lbs): D:465 / SQ (to ||):335 / DB Bench: 110s x 4 / TK:8

Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar
    Of all the people I talk to. Those that think they are eating alot usually aren't. A friend of mine says he eats alot...and he usually does. But he only eats two meals a day and if you added everything up...he wasn't eating nearly enough calories.
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)