The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Pls help me set up a cutting diet!

So i did PSMF for a while lost about 15 pounds of fat. Ive been eating like crap lately though..... gained 2 pounds back nuthin to flip about. But i am still not at my goal. You guys think i should do another PSMF or a traditional cutting diet. the PSMF wasnt to hard for me. I am sitting at 235.5 at the moment i wanna be atleast down to 210 is not lower by june. Please help me.
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 213 LBS.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

so my computer was not being nice.... please delete/disregard one of these
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 213 LBS.

I just finished a slow cut (I dont like PSMF as I prefer eating more than protein shakes and chicken breasts lol).

What I did was make sure to:

-get at least your BW in protein (grams) daily
    -get at least 35g fibre daily
    -eat 10 fish oil capsules and 50g almonds a day to cover the healthy fats
    -unfortunately I got around 25g saturated fat daily but it got the job done.
    -did the BGB workout routine as decribed in Built's article http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=255
    -Was patient and rarely "cheated" (I don't consider it cheating if it fits into my macros, which, on more than one occasion near the end of my cut included a Wendy's double cheeseburger with water and no fries)

I'll post exactly what I ate (on average) as I kept track of my eating with fitday (the program version not the free online one) so unfortunately I can't just post a link.

So basically this is an example of one of my days. I call this the Baby Not Fat diet and its basically the backbone of all eating Ill be doing from now on

Breakfast:
    Quaker Quick Oats (30g) - 114cals, 2g fat, 20g carbs, 4g pro - (love this stuff with splenda)
    1 Serving Nitrean (30g) - 110cals, 1g fat, 2g carbs, 24g pro (mix this in with the oatmeal to give it a protein boost)
    All Bran Buds (28g) - 70cals, 1g fat, 23g carbs, 3g pro (ate this for that there psyllium fibre they got now)

Lunch:
    Whole wheat turkey sandwich consisting of:
    2 pieces Dempster's whole grain flax bread - 240cals, 5g fat, 40g carbs, 10g pro
    Lilydale Turkey Breast slices from Costco (110g) - 140cals, 2g fat, 6g carbs, 24g pro

Post Workout Shake:
    Muscle Milk or Opticen mixed with 2 cups 1% milk - 570cals, 23g fat, 42g carbs, 50g pro (for added fibre I would throw in 8 grams of benefibre which is approx. 6g fibre)

Small Meal:
    Almonds (50g) - 300cals, 27g fat, 9g carbs, 10g pro
    Fish Oil Capsules (10) - 90cals, 10g fat

Small Meal:
    Ocean's Flake White Albacore Tuna (1 can or 112g) - 101cals, 2g fat, 0g carbs, 21g Pro (would weigh it and then drizzle with franks red hot sauce)
    Apple (7.45oz) - 125cals, 1g fat, 32g carbs, 0 pro

Supper:
    Eye of Round Steak (4.3oz) - 229cals, 4g fat, 0g carbs, 45g pro
    Green Giant Roasted Potates with Broccoli in Cheese Sauce (108g) - 90cals, 2g fat, 15g carbs, 3g pro (I'm lazy when it comes to preparing veggies so I buy this at any grocery store in the freezer aisle)

Bedtime Snack:
    Dairyland Dry Curd Cottage Cheese (70g) - 62cals, 0g fat, 1g carbs, 12g pro
    Apple (7oz) - 117cals, 1g fat, 30g carbs, 0g pro (apples seemed to help get rid of the cravings I usually had right before bed).

Totals: 2357cals, 80g fat (18g saturated, 20g Polyunsaturated, 18g Monounsaturated), 221g carbs (45g fibre), 208g pro

I also weigh all my food with a little digital scale (if you know a drug dealer your familiar with the kind lol) and so things such as apples, steaks, amount of tuna in a can may vary slightly. When I weigh apples I throw the apple on the scale and get the starting weight, then after I'm done eating I toss the core on the scale and subtract the starting weight from the ending (grade 1 math comes in handy here).

As well shake's will alter the calories slightly depending on whether you use Muscle Milk or Opticen (or any other shake).

Also I highly recommend Fitday.com

Edit: Updated the menu to include Nitrean in the breakfast and recalculated the totals to reflect this.
    Last edited by IHaveToCrushYou; 03-08-2007 at 11:50 PM.

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    IHaveToCrushYou:

7 grams of protein in your breakfast? Am I reading this right? Other than that it looks solid. I'd like to see more protein in your last meal also.

The Fitness Industry is a 1 billion dollar industry.
    --Dairy Queens Blizzard pulls in 3/4 of a billion.
    --------------We are the elite.------------

just add some protein to ur oats.
    Do what needs to be done.

Every time I was in the hole I swear a turd kissed my underwear. - Hatred
    I love snatch. I think I'm addicted to it. - Stray
    I like a woman I can climb - Jinkies
    Personally ... I'm a vagitarian - Brawl
    I don't box, but I'll have a dance off with any of you tools. When I get all my 230 lbs shaking and grooving you bet your a$$es you'll get served. - BilltheButcher

Thanks Built, ur my inspiration lol. Oh and as for the lack of protein in my oats, I ran out of protein powder