Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MonStar1023's CID Journal

MonStar1023's CID Journal

Decided to drop NHE, Natural Horomonal Enhancement, and try a new diet popularized here at WBB by Par Deus and Blood&Iron called a CID, or Cyclical Isocaloric Diet. Blood&Iron has kept an extremely detailed journal of his personal experience with a CID and has his results etc. posted in his journal.

Feel free to post here in my journal with comments, advice, etc.

... Will be starting my CID this Sunday, 3-17-2002.
    Last edited by MonStar1023; 03-15-2002 at 11:49 PM.

Good luck on your new nutritional venture. Are your goals the same with this venture, i.e. cutting?

Inquiring mind(s) want to know your final results while on the NHE diet. Overall, weight reduction, strength improvements, timeframes etc.

rookiebldr-
    How you doin bro? NHE was a great diet. I am not trying to deny that at all. Lost around 40 lbs. total with that diet, strength went up in every exercise. Not too much in some instances, but overall it went up. It going up at all is impressive because I was training specifically for fat-loss. I will post a description of my CID outline once I get everything straight on exactly how I am going to go about the diet. It is honestly a similar structure to NHE. Eating below maintenance calories, even though NHE didnt track calories, and then eating above them.

... What kind of diet/training are you doing right now man? Thanks again for being so supportive.
    Last edited by MonStar1023; 03-16-2002 at 08:01 AM.

Monstar - You came down from 240? What were your original stats? Was 240 pre-working out or had you bulked up to that? How tall are you as well? I can't remember.

MarshallPenn-
    Back in December I weighed around 236-237 lbs. I am not sure if you would call it bulked up because I basically fatted up. Pigged out on all kinds of bullsh*t foods etc. Not too smart. Then I did NHE and got down to around 197-198 lbs. Not I am probably back up to 205 lbs. or so because I have been off NHE for a little while now. Hopefully this CID will work really well. I am expecting some fantastic results with it. If I dont feel like things are working like I want them to, which I cant imagine, I am going to jump back on the NHE bandwagon.

I mentioned this in an earlier journal of yours, but to go from 235lbs->185lbs would mean that your BF% was ~30%. Was it really that high -- you don't want to be killing too much LBM losing all this weight.

Glad to hear you've given up NHE -- I know you don't think so, but NHE/Atkins is an extrememly unhealthy way of eating. The CID diet sounds much better.

MarshallPenn-
    Yeah my bf% was definitely high. I mean I dont know I dont think that it was all the way at 30% but it easily could have been! I mean I was fat, and right now I feel 240 lbs.! Seriously though I had a belly etc. I know that NHE isnt a really healthy way of eating, but I mean it got the job done ya know? And done well? I know that eating hot wings and cheese and things like that really cant be the healthiest way to go. I honestly think that a moderate portion of protein, carbs, and fats is the healthiest way to go, so to speak. I definitely dont think that I am losing LBM. Well see how my strength goes with a CID.

Description Of My Diet / Supplements / Training...

Diet.
    • A CID is simply the following. Basically a "Cyclical Isocaloric Diet," is exactly that. An isocaloric diet that is cycled. And isocaloric diet is simple eating 33% of your calories from protein, 33% of your calories from carbs, and 33% of your calories from fat. Even though that sounds simple, mind isnt going to be 100% isocaloric. Simply because its hard to meet those protein/carb requirements. My isocaloric days will be 30% protein, 40% carbs, and 30% fat. Pretty close, and definitely close enough for my purposes. My isocaloric days are going to be set at approximately 20% under my maintenance amount of calories. That comes out to...

... approximately 2500 calories, 180g protein, 240g carbs, and 80g fat on isocaloric days.

I am going to be incorporating refeed days twice per week. First on Monday and Thursday and then on Sunday and Wednesday. A refeed day is simply at around 30% higher than my maintenace amount of calories. That comes out to...

... approximately 4000 calories, 200g protein, 700g carbs, and 45g fat on refeed days.

This day is more or less a cheat day in a sense. Most low-fat high sugary foods are fine. Candy like Sweettarts and Nerds and Bottlecaps etc. that's main ingredients are dextrose and maltodextrin are completely fine.

Supplements.
    • Currently I am taking a fat burner called Liquid Clenbutrx by VPX Sports. A serving of Liquid Clenbutrx contains...

One Serving Of Liquid Clenbutrx Contains...
      Thermogenic/Nuerogenic Blend:
      MaHaung Extract (Standardized at 8%)
      Citrus Aurantium Extract (Standardized for 10% Synephrine)
      Guarana (Standardize for 22% Caffeine)
      White Willow Extract
      L-Tyrosine
      Bioperine
      Proprietary Thyrogenic, Insulinogenic and Ant-Estrogenic Blend:
      Methoxivone (5-Methyl-7-Methoxy-isoflavone)
      Guggulsterones (E & Z) (Standarized at 10%)
      Ipriflavone (7-Isopropoxy Isoflavone)
      Phenylpropanolomine
      Yohimbe Extract (Standardize at 8%)
      Bis-Glycina

On refeed days Ill take the following, split up throughout the day.

Here is a list of ingredients for SyntheVol 2, CytoVol, V2G, and Phosphaplex, TRAC, along with Insulene and Gluco Tech, Agree With Meals, and Enzyme Digestant.

1 Serving Of Phosphaplex Contains...
      5g creatine
      2.2g ribose
      2g taurine
      100 mg. phosphorous
      95 mg. magnesium
      200 mcg. selenium
      6 mg. manganese
      25 mg. glucosol
      400 mcg. chromium

1 Serving TRAC Contains...
      4g creatine
      4g arginine
      600 mg. lysine
      200 mg. phenylalanine
      2.5 mg. NADH

1 Serving Of SyntheVol 2 Contains...
      10g creatine
      6g hydrolyzed wheat gluten
      3.5g arginine
      2g taurine
      80 mg. inzitol (d-pinitol)
      70 mg. sodium

2 Servings Of CytoVol Contains...
      5g l-glutamine
      4g taurine
      4g l-alanine
      3g AKG
      1g glycine
      1g inositol
      600 mg. calcium
      500 mg. RNA
      120 mg. phosphorus
      120 mg. sodium

3 Servings Of V2G Contains...
      67.5 mg. vanadyl sulfate
      2.4g taurine
      100 mcg. selenium

One Serving Of Insulene Contains...
      90 mg. langerstroemia speciosa l. (Glucosol)
      10 mg. d-pinitol inzitol
      250 mg. proprietary blend (gymnema sylvestre extract, chromium, lipoic acid,
      phosphatidyl serine)

One Serving Of Gluco Tech Contains...
      90 mg. langerstroemia speciosa extract (Glucosol)
      10 mg. d-pinitol
      250 mg. proprietary blend (gymnema sylvestre extract, alpha lipoic acid,phosphatidyl serine, chromium)

2 Servings Of Agree With Meals Contains...
      18000 HUT units fungul protease
      900 ASP units acid protease
      300 FCC units lactase
      4460 units cellulase
      36 AG units amyloglucosidase
      3600 SKB units fungal amylase
      4500 units lipase

One Serving Of Enzyme Digestant Contains...
      400 mg. pancreatin
      130 mg. alpha-amylase
      65 mg. betaine hydrochloride
      65 mg. pepsin
      65 mg. papain
      8.1 mg. ox bile extract 8:1

Training.
    • My current training split looks like this...

Sun- Chest, Triceps.
      Mon- Back, Biceps, Forearms.
      Tue- Rest.
      Wed- Quads, Hamstrings, Calves, Abs.
      Thu- Delts, Traps.
      Fri- Rest.
      Sat- Rest.

Chest, Triceps.
      Flat DB Presses 2 sets 6/8
      Weighted Dips 2 sets 6/8
      Flat DB Flyes 1 set 8

Lying BB Ext. 2 sets 6/8
      DB Overhead Ext. 1 set 8

Back, Biceps, Forearms.
      Curl-grip Chins 2 sets 6/8
      Bentover T-bar Rows 2 sets 6/8
      V-bar Pulldowns 1 set 8

Standing BB Curls 2 sets 6/8
      Incline DB Hammer Curls 1 set 8
      Standing BB Reverse Curls 1 set 8
      (hours after workout)
      CoC #2 Timed-holds 1 set to failure

Quads, Hamstrings, Calves, Abs.
      Leg Presses 2 sets 6/8
      Leg Extensions 1 set 8
      DB SLDL 2 sets 6/8

Standing Calf Raises 1 set 15
      Seated Calf Raises 1 set 15

Hanging Knee Raises 1 set (failure)
      Cable Crunches 1 set 15

Delts, Traps.
      Seated BTN Presses 2 sets 6/8
      One-arm DB Laterals 1 set 8
      Lying One-Arm DB Laterals 1 set 8

Hang Cleans 2 sets 6/8

... I am expecting some really really good results with this program.
      Hopefully this split will produce some good results for me. Basically my training is pretty low-volume. Not completely HIT like one-set per bodypart but a lot closer to Dorian Yates style training that Arnold's style of training, put it that way.

On my rest days Ill be doing some interval cardio first thing in the morning preferably on an empty stomach. On every single training day, before my workout, I will weigh-in, and keep track my weight. I know that your weight can flucuate especially with the carb-up meal, but I like to keep up with it just so I know where I stand each day.

Increase In Weight From Previous Week.
      Any time that I INCREASE to a weight that I couldnt handle the previous week, it will be in BLUE! This way Ill know where I am gaining strength and where I am not. Rep increases will not be signified, although they are important.

Red Intensity Stars.
      Stole this from Sebi's journal. Hehe. Next to the exercise that I did I will have the weight first, and then how many reps. I will also have intensity stars. For example...

Dips +000x00 ****; +000x00 ****

Lying Barbell Ext. 000x00 ****; 000x00 ****

As you can see there are four stars after each set. The more red stars, the higher the intensity of that set. The following is what each one of of the 4 stars roughly means.

Intensity Stars Key.
      One red star means that the set wasnt too intense at all. Not coming close to failure. Literally a f*cking wet p*ssy set.

Two red stars means that the set was moderately intense. Coming close to failure, but not all the way there. Pretty average set for the most part.

Three red stars means that the set was intense! 1-3 reps away from failure if not hitting failure. Great overall set.

Four red stars means that the previous set was CRAZY! Totally and insanely intense, definitely hit positive failure maybe even beyond that. Completely incredible set. Awesome burn, painful feeling afterwards.

Last edited by MonStar1023; 03-26-2002 at 06:16 PM.

Sunday, 3-17-2002

Cardio.
    • (postworkout) 10 minutes treadmill; 5 minutes 3.5 MPH @ 12% incline, 5 minutes 4.0 MPH @ 12%.

... Did some low-intensity cardio after my workout today because I felt so f*cking fat I couldnt get over it.

Diet. Isocaloric Day.
    • Meal 1: 3/4 cup Grape Nut Flakes + 1/2 cup All-Bran + 1 cup skim milk + 3 low-fat sausage links + 2 tbsp. peanut butter
      (500 calories, 30g protein, 65g carbs, 21g fat)

Meal 2: 1 cup cottage cheese + 1/2 cup mixed fruit
      (280 calories, 26g protein, 23g carbs, 10g fat)

Postworkout: 2 servings whey protein + 1 roll Sweettarts
      (420 calories, 40g protein, 55g carbs, 3g fat)

Meal 4: 2 slices whole-wheat bread + turkey breast + low-fat cheese + 1 tbsp. low-fat mayo + apple
      (500 calories, 36g protein, 65g carbs, 15g fat)

Meal 5: 2 servings whey protein + 1 cup skim milk + 2 tbsp. peanut butter + 1 slice whole-wheat bread
      (560 calories, 54g protein, 43g carbs, 20g fat)

Diet Totals.
    • Total Calories: 2260
      Total (g) Protein: 186g
      Total (g) Carbs: 251g
      Total (g) Fat: 69g

... Took in too many grams of carbs today, and not enough fat. I had a feeling this was going to happen. Tomorrow the refeed isnt going to help anything. Going to feel even more fat.

Overall Comments.
    • Damn I feel so f*cking FAT today! Cant get over how fat and soft I feel especially in my stomach. Fat came RIGHT back after 2 days off NHE or any kind of diet at all. Binged the past 2 days like a total nutcase and went to McDonalds twice. Eating so much eat time it was incredible. tuttuttuttut Cant believe how f*cking FAT I feel today! Hips and butt and stomach are 100% COMPLETELY FLABBY.

Pain/Soreness.
    • Not really sore today, just FAT!

Sleep.
    • 7 hours last night. Woke up once. Not really sure why just woke up and then layed back down.

Supplements.
    • With Meal 1: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + + 1 Calcium Complete + 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx

With Meal 2: 1g vitamin C + 1 Calcium Complete

Preworkout: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 1 Calcium Complete + 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx

Postworkout: 5g creatine + 5g glutamine peptides + 3g l-arginine + 300 mg. ALA

Before Bed: Sleep Formula

Training. Chest, Triceps.
    • Flat Dumbbell Presses: 105 x 6 ****; 95 x 8 ****

... Two intense sets! Both were good. Stretched first really well to make sure all of my joints etc. were okay. Started off with 105s. Got them no problem at all. F*cked out 6 solid reps. Six wasnt too bad I dont think but I couldnt have gotten anymore. I was already pissed about my weight so I just went all out on this first set. Dropped down to the 95s and hammered out 8 solid reps. Really contracted my pecs hard. Two good sets in my opinion. At 212 lbs. this should be easy!

Dips: +100 x 5 ****; +75 x 7 ****

... What the F*CK!? I cant believe this horsesh*t! My strength went down a rep on BOTH sets. I couldnt believe it. Not only was I flipping out about my weight, but my dip strength dropping totally flipped me out. I know why. I mean obviously your dip strength has to do with your bodyweight and around 15 lbs. heavier is going to make a big difference. Still didnt justify it in my head. +100 lbs. felt VERY heavy. Beat up my pecs and my hands actually on the bar. Got 5 reps and then I just totally died. Then +75 lbs. This was also EXTREMELY heavy. Killed my entire upper body. Hands were hurting! I was just so f*cking pissed off..

Flat Dumbbell Flyes: 70 x 6 ****; 60 x 8 ****

... Two good sets. Was pissed about the dips but anyway. First set with 70s for 6 reps was pretty good. Probably could have gotten 7 reps with this weight. Maybe I dont know. I am pretty sure though. Next Sunday I am going to go straight for 72.5s. See how I handle them for 6 reps. 60s went well. Good contractions in my pecs. Last few reps of my second set really started to both my rotator cuffs but didnt last too long.

Lying Barbell Extensions: 130 x 6 ****; 120 x 8 ****

... Two GREAT sets. Love these with a BB! Hands are spaced around 12-14 inches apart. Really hit my triceps hard. Flexed them hard throughout both entire sets. Started off with 130 lbs. Struggled hard to get 6 reps. Really ached in my triceps on the last rep. Kept my form good though. Then I dropped down to 120 lbs. for 8. This was a TOUGH a*s set. Hitting up 8 solid reps was definitely tough with 120 lbs.

Seated Overhead Dumbbell Extensions: 90 x 6 ****; 80 x 8 ****

... Great exercise and excellent sets. Kept my form really perfect. ROM and form was both good. Really hit my triceps hard. Started off with a 90 and definitely got 6 reps. Was a stuggle but I got it. Then I moved onto the 80 and that wasnt as bad. I am going to go for 92.5 for 6 and 85 for 8 next Sunday. See how that goes.

Training Length.
    • Today workout 35 minutes long. Pretty brief and intense as hell though.

Water.
    • Good amount today. Really need to keep it up. Took in a lot during my workout and during the day.

Weight.
    • Today preworkout, clothed but without shoes, I weighed a FAT and SOFT 212 lbs. Holy sh*t I havnt weighed this much in weeks! I cannot believe how godd*mn fat I am. I am so f*cking MAD AT MYSELF.
    Last edited by MonStar1023; 03-26-2002 at 06:02 PM.

Monstar - There is no way you gained 13 lbs in the past 3 days. Don't worry - error on the scale and lot's of water weight probably.

MarshallPenn-
    Well dont ask me how it happened. F*cking pissed me off so f*cking much though! I almost through the scale on the floor. The thing is that I weight myself on the same scale everytime. I usually check to make sure that its calibrated but today I forgot. I dont think it was messed up though. I gain weight fast as hell. Honestly I havnt felt this fat in a LONG time!

Originally posted by MonStar1023
    MarshallPenn-
    Well dont ask me how it happened. F*cking pissed me off so f*cking much though! I almost through the scale on the floor. The thing is that I weight myself on the same scale everytime. I usually check to make sure that its calibrated but today I forgot. I dont think it was messed up though. I gain weight fast as hell. Honestly I havnt felt this fat in a LONG time!

I got a bit fatter this past week too, if that makes you feel any better(Probably not, but hey, I tried.)

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesn’t realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell

Yeah, but Monstar you would have to eat 3500 cals over maintenance to gain a pound. You would have had to put down over 40,000 cals over maintenance to gain that much wieght. Now your BMR is probably pretty damn low from NHE, so if you've been eating more it will store away, but not 40,000+ calories. No way. If anything, it's just water or your muscles filling back up. Either way, I'd look at it as a good thing.

You could always go back to HST, I've never eaten so much and stayed so lean. My 33 waist jeans are falling off of me w/out a belt. For example, I put down 2 large pizzas this week and am eating in the vicinity of 4000+ calories on some days. Although, honestly, I prefer a slower metabolism (eat less, live longer).

Blood&Iron-
    Yeah it f*cking sucks man. Binging and cheating and sh*t I mean maybe it satisfies your psycological cravings or whatever but damn I feel like sh*t for days and days and days afterwards.

MarshallPenn-
    Damn 33 pants are falling down! How small is your waist!? Mine is probably around 36" right now. Maybe more.. Holy sh*t I dont even know. Anyway I dont understand how HST is supposed to be any different than a normal training program? I guess just because of the full-body workouts. Who knows. Didnt make all that much of a difference with me. Hehe I feel FAT as f*ck bro I cant look at that as a good thing. In a few minutes I am going to go and measure my waist... pray for me.

... Tomorrow is a refeed day too! Damn I am going to feel like a blimp!

MS-
    Binging is great for a few days it's like rest days. Does the body and mind good sometimes to take a break and get grounded again.

In regards to your earlier question I'm starting a cutting session and will using the WBB 1 routine. It's in my journal.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

rookiebldr-
    Whatsup bro? Yeah I dont know binging just makes me feel like just a fat piece of sh*t. It f*cks with my head too much after the fact I think. Anyway good luck with cutting bro. Ill check out your journal.

Monday, 3-18-2002

Cardio.
    • None.

Diet. Refeed Day.
    • Meal 1: 2 servings whey protein + 1 cup skim milk + Bottlecaps + Nerds + fat-free pudding
      (680 calories, 44g protein, 116g carbs, 4g fat)

Meal 2: Macaroni & Cheese + 4 low-fat cookies + 1 cup skim milk
      (1150 calories, 47g protein, 201g carbs, 16g fat)

Postworkout: 2 servings whey protein + 2 rolls Sweettarts
      (630 calories, 40g protein, 104g carbs, 3g fat)

Meal 4: fat-free pudding + 2 low-fat cookies + 1 low-fat cupcake + 2 low-fat coffee cakes + 1 cup skim
      (660 calories, 15g protein, 127g carbs, 8g fat)

Meal 5: 3 & 3/4 cups Golden Grahams + 2 cups skim milk
      (760 calories, 21g protein, 149g carbs, 6g fat)

Meal 6: Myoplex low-carb shake + Bottlecaps
      (170 calories, 20g protein, 14g carbs, 4g fat)

Diet Totals.
    • Total Calories: 4050
      Total (g) Protein: 187g
      Total (g) Carbs: 711g
      Total (g) Fat: 41g

... Pretty good totals if you ask me. Good amount of carbs, good amount of protein and fat.

Overall Comments.
    • Felt okay today. I mean I didnt feel as fat and soft and I did yesterday but that honestly really isnt saying much at all. I felt okay today though not too bad. Hope to get back down to around 195 or so within the next week or so. Damn all I have is hope anymore I cant predict my weight. Honestly dont feel too fat today. I mean its the end of the day and I was looking in the mirror with my shirt off and I didnt look all that bad. Which made me feel good. My waist measured a fat and soft 35.5 inches. But I am going to work on getting that down to 32-33 inches.

Pain/Soreness.
    • Chest and tris are definitely aching. Definitely sore today. My pecs are hurting badly. Triceps are too.

Sleep.
    • 9.5 hours sleep last night. Woke up once to use the bathroom. Need to get a solid 7+ hours.

Supplements.
    • With Meal 1: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 1 Calcium Complete + 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx + 1 serving SyntheVol 2 + 1 serving CytoVol + 1 serving V2G + 1 serving Gluco Tech + 1 serving Agree With Meals + 400 mg. chromium + 500 mg. ALA + 3g fish body oils + 1g ginger

With Meal 2: 1g vitamin C + 1 Calcium Complete + 1 serving V2G + 1 serving Enzyme Digestant + 400 mg. chromium + 500 mg. ALA + 3g fish body oils

Preworkout: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 1 Calcium Complete + 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx

Postworkout: 5g creatine + 5g glutamine peptides + 3g l-arginine + 300 mg. ALA

Evening: 1 serving Phosphaplex + 1 serving TRAC + 1 serving V2G + 1 serving Insulene + 1 serving Agree With Meals + 400 mg. chromium + 500 mg. ALA + 3g fish body oils

Before Bed: Sleep Formula

Training. Back, Biceps, Forearms.
    • Curl-grip Chins: +40 x 6.5 ****; +30 x 7.5 ****

... These were 2 GREAT sets. Started off heavy for me at least. Hit up 6.5 good reps. Contracting my lats hard during each rep. Was surprised that I got 6.5 especially at a weight of 208.5. Anyways I think that this first set kind of weakened my back and f*cked me up for my 2nd set. Took off 10 lbs. and only got 7.5 reps instead of 8. Wanted to get 8 but after a few reps with +30 lbs. I knew that I wasnt going to get them. Form and ROM suffered a little bit during my second set. Kind of pissed me off but not too big of a deal. Rocked my legs and sh*t too much. Came closer than I thought though. Great sets though.

Bentover T-bar Rows: 225 x 6 ****; 215 x 8 ****

... Damn these were INTENSE! Had someone stand on the other end of the barbell. This helped me I think. I am DEFINITELY going to stick with 225 until I get 6 solid reps, without any kind of problem or struggle at all. Right now I think that my form is suffering a little. Having some trouble. Anyway good set though. Dropped down to 215 and got 8 good reps. Going to stick with 225 and 215 the next few weeks though see how my body handles it.

Seated V-bar Pulldowns: 180 x 6.5 ****; 160 x 7.5 ****

... Both sets were excellent. Totally hammered my lats and my serratus muscles with these 2 sets. First set I hit up 180 lbs. Great set. I mean really really good set. Got 6.5 rather than 6 because I had it in me. Arched my back and pulled the v-bar straight down my collarbone. Really squeezed my lats hard with this exercise. Droped 20 lbs. and went all out for 8 reps. Only got 7.5 reps unfortunately. Kind of pissed me off but oh well. I might have been able to get 8 reps but my form and lat tension would have suffered.

Standing Barbell Curls: 120 x 6 ****; 105 x 8 ****

... Wow 2 AWESOME sets! Loved both sets. Started off with 120 lbs. This felt a lot heavier than I thought it would. Hammered out 6 reps though. Really couldnt get 6 to be honest. Could have gotten 5-5.5 with good form. My last rep was a total joke. Holy sh*t I mean I did an Arnold "cheat curl," in all reality. Used too much of my back and just threw the f*cking weight up. Muscles just gave out I couldnt help it. Anyway dropped down to 105 lbs. This was a much better weight. Got 8 perfect reps. Great set. Really hit my biceps hard.

Incline Alternating Dumbbell Hammer Curls: 32.5 x 8 ****

... Jeez this was an INTENSE, and INCREDIBLE set. Nice slow perfect reps on the incline bench. Used the 32.5 rather than the 30s. Hammered my brachioradialis. Very slow negatives and really good reps with flawless form. Going to try and hit up the 35s next week and see how that goes. Well see. Intense f*cking set though I dont know if I can go up just yet, well see.

Standing Barbell Reverse Curls: 87.5 x 8 ****

... Damn reverse curls were really great. Form was good on all of my reps, just awesome. First rep was a little bit of a struggle but afterwards I was fine. Jeez these really really f*cked up my brachialis and my brachioradialis. A really intense set. Slowed the negative portion of my reps with these too.

Captains Of Crush Gripper #2 Timed-holds: left :19, right :20 ****

... This wasnt part of my workout, I did it a few hours afterwards. I definitely couldnt handle a CoC #2 after my entire back workout without straps. Straps arent an option for me unfortunately... hehe. But anyway these were INTENSE. Started off with my left and held it almost all the way closed for 19 seconds. That was good for me. Beat the f*ck outta my hands though. Holy sh*t. Then my right for 20 seconds. These beat up my hands and fingers badly. Great sets though. I am just going to try and gradually increase in time. Maybe 20-22 seconds next week. I think that it has more to do with overcoming the pain factor rather than just raw strength.

Training Length.
    • Workout today lasted 35 minutes. Brief and intense. Just the way that I like it.

Water.
    • Good amount of water today. Good amount during my workout and throughout the entire day.

Weight.
    • Today preworkout, clothed but without shoes, I weighed 208.5 lbs. Lost a little bit since yesterday but I am still a LOT heavier than I was. Well today was a refeed day so it was expected.
    Last edited by MonStar1023; 03-26-2002 at 06:00 PM.

Got your PM. I'll write something more in depth tomorrow. I need to go to bed now.

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesn’t realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell

Blood&Iron-
    Okay bro hehe its all good.

Glad to see, you haven't lost intensity.
    All weights in kilograms in my posts. 1 kg = 2,2 lbs

My training log.
    My foreign language study site.

Sebi-
    Haha yeah thats the truth bro. Today I had an all around GREAT workout. Really loved it shame I am not working out tomorrow.

MS - good job dude! It's cool that you are trying out a different diet. Perhaps this will be better then the NHE. I too have switched diets check it out in my journal if you want to. Anyways good luck on this diet and I will be checking out your journal daily. Later bro.
    "In the grand scheme of things, both things are quite superficial(obsessed with being muscular&ripped and incredibly strong). And yet lifting can teach you so much. My time at the gym--at least when I'm lifting--is invariably the high-point of my day. There aren't any questions; I almost don't even think. I go into an almost meditative trance-like state. Day-to-day worries become insignificant. I'm focused solely on the weight, and my reason for existence is clear. To move the bar and to improve on what I accomplished last time. Seldom are things so simple." - Blood&Iron

"Most people cannot understand what burns in our blood, the gym is our addiction and iron is our drug. People don't understand why we commit hours a day to a goal where progress is so small it seems immeasurable, why we do cardio instead of watch TV, why eat 6 meals a day, why we insist on ordering diet soda or how we can drink skim milk. Most people will simply never grasp why we refuse to settle for a mediocre body." - Severed Ties

Marcel-
    Thanks for being encouraging bro that really helps. This diet is different than most diets I have tried. Not used to taking in this many grams of carbs. 240g or so on isocaloric days and 700g on my refeed days. Crazy to think that fat-loss would be optimal with these kind of carbs. I dont know I guess time will tell. What kind of diet are you doing now man? I will be checking out your journal as well trying to help you stay on track.

It's one I got from ThaOneCrumcake over at Elite ya remember that one? You posted in that thread also. High protein and mod fat but carbs only post workout. I think it will work great but it goes against all this I have been reading about Leptin. If I dont like it I will try out CID too. Yes please check my journal out and make sure I'm not having too much fun with carbs and shiat like that!
    "In the grand scheme of things, both things are quite superficial(obsessed with being muscular&ripped and incredibly strong). And yet lifting can teach you so much. My time at the gym--at least when I'm lifting--is invariably the high-point of my day. There aren't any questions; I almost don't even think. I go into an almost meditative trance-like state. Day-to-day worries become insignificant. I'm focused solely on the weight, and my reason for existence is clear. To move the bar and to improve on what I accomplished last time. Seldom are things so simple." - Blood&Iron

"Most people cannot understand what burns in our blood, the gym is our addiction and iron is our drug. People don't understand why we commit hours a day to a goal where progress is so small it seems immeasurable, why we do cardio instead of watch TV, why eat 6 meals a day, why we insist on ordering diet soda or how we can drink skim milk. Most people will simply never grasp why we refuse to settle for a mediocre body." - Severed Ties

Mystic Eric
    Monstar -
    What's up bro? How do you have so many views for your journal? It's either you have a lot of fans, or you like to open your journal lots

Last edited by Mystic Eric; 03-18-2002 at 10:31 PM.