Thread: post surgery: to cut cuz i got fat, or bulk?

post surgery: to cut cuz i got fat, or bulk?

Yeah i've been around here a while and i dont even know the answer to this.

I'm in a recovery stage from surgery. I've been told its very important to eat well, which i have been doing, but from being sedintary (immobile for 2 months) from the surgery i have gone from a 6 pack to flab on my stomach.

Now i want to get rid of this. It feels awful. And i'm going to be able to do some working out starting in 10 days.

Should i just keep eating well, to help regain muscle/strength and help everything heal and cut later or do you think i should keep eating really well but start a cut?

I cant stand the fat gain.

LMK- i think this is kind of a tricky one
    Last edited by Roddy; 03-10-2007 at 09:30 PM.

you have to be kidding me? no one here knows what is best to do post surgery to deal with fat gain and muscle loss?

I would ask your doctor. I'm sure no one wants to give you bad advice.

As far as muscle loss is concerned your muscle memory will play an important role here and you should get back up to par fairly quickly. I'm sure when you start moving around and lifting your fat should drop as well as long as your eating clean.

I think the type of surgery you had would also play a roll here as far as diet/lifting is concerned.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

I would say just to continute to eat as you are...because once you start being active again your body will return to a body fat you are used to the body is resilient(I cant spell) like that

lol so basicly now that I go back and read unholys post ...I agree with unholy

ok thanks you two^^ it was reconstructive surgery on my foot. So even when i go back to the gym i cant to realy heavy stuff obviously. just anything seated(machine) for a few months.

Roddy...

I just had ankle surgery back in October, recovery went until Mid January or so. MAJOR reconstruction on my ankle. I used to run cross country, and I ****ed it up skateboarding a long time ago.

What sucks is that my wife left me during my recovery, I had been on bed/couch rest for two weeks, and she just got up and left.

I started lifting about a month ago. I wanted to let you know, that your quote really inspired me. Henry Rollins is a smart man. Not only did I get fat, which was depressing, but I had a cast and couldn't move (also depressing), and my wife left me! (Very depressing).

Since I started lifting, I don't think about it much, and I can feel the rut getting less and less deep. I'm depression free, and I have some major goals as far as lifting is concerned.
    theJamAbides
    5'11" - 200 lbs.
    Jam's Journal

BP - 190x5
    DL - 250x5
    SQ - 230x5
    C**k Pushups - 1x1 (Cuz that's all you need baby!)