The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Uhhm, fat 'dimples'?

I tried searching for this, but I couldnt really find anything.

Is Cellulite just fat?

Ive noticed a some 'dimples' on my abs and my ass when I flex now. Is that normal when youre bulking? Should I be worried about that?

I bulked from 146 to 172 in about 4-5 months. My goal was 175 so Im like there. But thats the weight I want to reatain..but now Im getting worried about these dimples in the skin. My goal was to continue my bulk to 185-190 and cut back down to 175.

Any advice?
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned

advise - don't worry

wow, great advice
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

Quote Originally Posted by mihorne View Post

advise - don't worry
    Haha... I agree.

I get these when I'm a little on the heavy side. It's nothing to really worry about, just comes with the fat gain. When you go on your cut, they should go away fairly easily.
    Forever Goal: Strength

Weightlifting sucks. I just like to lift heavy things.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris686 View Post
    Haha... I agree.

I get these when I'm a little on the heavy side. It's nothing to really worry about, just comes with the fat gain. When you go on your cut, they should go away fairly easily.
    Ok, I hope so. My sides got a little bigger and I dont like it. But the muscle gains were very nice too. I may cut a little now..Im not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Built View Post
    Welcome to my world. Except I get it on my ass, not my abs.

<fumes>
    I have a few on my ass now too when I flex it tight.

Thats why I may cut a little. If I continued a Bulk to gain more muscle, I cant imagine what these trouble spots would look like then... Plus Ive bulked for about 5 months now.. a cycle of cutting might not be too bad for me.

I just didnt want these things to be forever.

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMcGuire View Post

Is Cellulite just fat?

Ive noticed a some 'dimples' on my abs and my ass when I flex now. Is that normal when youre bulking? Should I be worried about that?

I bulked from 146 to 172 in about 4-5 months. My goal was 175 so Im like there. But thats the weight I want to reatain..but now Im getting worried about these dimples in the skin. My goal was to continue my bulk to 185-190 and cut back down to 175.

Any advice?
    I think we need pics for an informed response.....

On second thought...maybe not.

lol cellulite is just fat and the way the fat stands over lap or lock together (said as in a way my simple mind understands things) its nothign to worry about it will go away lol your "trouble spots"

I'm pretty sure it has to do with the pattern of connective tissue under the skin. The fat bulges out, as if we're quilted.

I'm pretty sure it has to do with the pattern of connective tissue under the skin. The fat bulges out, as if we're quilted.
    lol That's an interesting visual image!
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

.....ew. i got some too. seen em on skinny girls too, hmm.
    "F-ck life before it f-cks you"

17 yrs old, female
    130 lbs, 5'8"

yea i just got them for the first time after this bulk, i kind of like them. something new after 8 years of skinnyness. I wouldnt worry about them they should go away soon with a cut bro.
    Currently Bulking
    10/06:150lbs---8.5% bod fat--------------------3/25/07: 170 lbs

8/25/07: 163lbs---------goal @ 185 by (5/1/08)

Lifts/Goals:
    -deadlift 370x6 (current 315)
    -flat bb bench 205x5 (current 185)
    -squat 265x6 (current rehab in knees, light legs)
    -lat p/u BW+50 x 6 (current 35x6)

Thx for the replies guys. I'll just go into a slow bulk from now on.

But I'll try to not worry about them

Banned

Is Cellulite just fat?

Any advice?
    Don't gain 20lbs of fat next time you bulk

Ex-Twig. Future Freak. Rock Steady's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggerGuns=LD View Post
    Don't gain 20lbs of fat next time you bulk
    Christ dude, you need to be more constructive, not destructive.

If you saw his pics in the other section, you'd know he did a pretty damn good job bulking. Don't be jealous.
    My Journal & Before/After Bulk Pictures
    6'1, 217 lbs
    Lifts (lbs): D:465 / SQ (to ||):335 / DB Bench: 110s x 4 / TK:8

:withstupi
    Currently Bulking
    10/06:150lbs---8.5% bod fat--------------------3/25/07: 170 lbs

8/25/07: 163lbs---------goal @ 185 by (5/1/08)

Lifts/Goals:
    -deadlift 370x6 (current 315)
    -flat bb bench 205x5 (current 185)
    -squat 265x6 (current rehab in knees, light legs)
    -lat p/u BW+50 x 6 (current 35x6)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Steady View Post
    Christ dude, you need to be more constructive, not destructive.

If you saw his pics in the other section, you'd know he did a pretty damn good job bulking. Don't be jealous.
    No need to try and rush it, the body can only grow so fast. So when a boy puts on 30-40lbs in 5-6 months at least 1/2 of it is fat.....so do not bulk, just eat well and train smart.

Cool out son, I am being constructive .
    Last edited by BiggerGuns=LD; 03-12-2007 at 11:46 PM.

Welcome to my world. Except I get it on my ass, not my abs.

<fumes>
    Pfft, try being a guy and getting it on your ass as well as having a minor case of gyno.

<Fires storms out ears.>

Cross trainer & DL addict mikesbytes's Avatar
    mmm, even when I was fat I didn't have them. My weight has never had dramatic changes, I slowely put on weight over the years until 2000 when I reversed the direction and slowely lost weight.

Is it something you are more likely to get when you put on weight rapidily?

No need to try and rush it, the body can only grow so fast. So when a boy puts on 30-40lbs in 5-6 months at least 1/2 of it is fat.....so do not bulk, just eat well and train smart.

Cool out son, I am being constructive .
    It wasnt 30-40 lbs. Where did you read that?

Where do you get that at least 1/2 of it is fat? Wouldnt you think it would depend on the persons genetics and training experience? Its pretty ignorant to throw around information without any scientific backup, son.

You should check the pics out I have on my sig. Theres no way in hell 'at least 1/2 of it was fat.'

And judging from your avatar, I shouldnt be taking advice from you to begin with.

Banned
    It wasnt 30-40 lbs. Where did you read that?

Where do you get that at least 1/2 of it is fat? Wouldnt you think it would depend on the persons genetics and training experience? Its pretty ignorant to throw around information without any scientific backup, son.

You should check the pics out I have on my sig. Theres no way in hell 'at least 1/2 of it was fat.'

And judging from your avatar, I shouldnt be taking advice from you to begin with.
    27lbs is what you gained and 1/2 of that or more was fat.
    The human body can not put on 1.5lbs of muscle a week naturally for 24 weeks in a row.

It is better to gain LBM than put on a bunch of fat. Take your time and do it right from now on.

Good luck with your goals.

27lbs is what you gained and 1/2 of that or more was fat.
    The human body can not put on 1.5lbs of muscle a week naturally for 24 weeks in a row.

It is better to gain LBM than put on a bunch of fat. Take your time and do it right from now on.

Good luck with your goals.
    Please show me some research that shows 1.5 lbs is too much to gain in a week for every single person.

I'd like to see how this is a scientific law.

Also, please direct yourself to my pictures of progress and explain how that is half fat.