Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pure Orange Juice

Iced Earth - Stormrider ArchAngel777's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Schaedle View Post
    hahahah

ah man, you're going to have to explain that one
    Yeah, I want to know too... This guy has everything backwards. Glucose is bad? That is hilarious...

Quote Originally Posted by Australian View Post
    Yeah, it's nearly 5 am and I wrote sucrose instead of glucose. Blah.

Rest up, and then come back and explain that one too.

Okay, enlighten me please. No that's not sarcasm. I want to know this: If excess glucose consumption isn't the most common cause of hyperglycaemia, diabetes and dampness (Chinese medicine), what is?
    Last edited by Australian; 03-15-2007 at 01:20 PM.

Okay, enlighten me please. No that's not sarcasm. I want to know this: If excess glucose consumption isn't the most common cause of hyperglycaemia, diabetes and dampness (Chinese medicine), what is?
    Think about the question for a minute. Really think about what you wrote. Do you see any problems with it? The question is a smoke screen. Failure to know what the causes of these diseases are doesn't make your position fact. That is where you violated the rules of the logic.

BTW, aussie i am vegetarian.

I'd put my money on it. I've treated people with soft drink and sweets addictions and I know where their health problems come from. It's pretty obvious when it's staring you in the face. Questioning about diet and other things usually gives an indication of the causes of diseases, and is 1/4 of diagnosis.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. D View Post
    BTW, aussie i am vegetarian.
    I like that. I respect you more now.

I'd put my money on it. I've treated people with soft drink and sweets addictions and I know where their health problems come from. It's pretty obvious when it's staring you in the face. Questioning about diet and other things usually gives an indication of the causes of diseases, and is 1/4 of diagnosis.
    Great, you would put your money on it. I guess that settles it then. That is how facts are made people, when someone is brave enough to put their money on it, even if they happen to be "broke".

As with anything related to nutriiton, the picture is so big and involves so many aspects that its almost impossibly to make a generalized statement (unpless one simply reads magazines or listens to the media and gets their info that way)

You did exactly that (generalized)

Therefore, it is your, not my, responsibility to explain it to an appropriate degree and specificity that we stop questioning your purpose in this thread.

Plainly saying glucose is bad is just about as wrong as saying it is good. If you are unsure what I mean by this, I don't think you have a good grasp on nutrition/metabolic concepts.
    Last edited by Slim Schaedle; 03-15-2007 at 03:11 PM.

Ex-Twig. Future Freak. Rock Steady's Avatar
    You need to stop riding a kangaroo to work. It appears to have given you a severe concussion which has interfered with your ability to use basic logic.
    My Journal & Before/After Bulk Pictures
    6'1, 217 lbs
    Lifts (lbs): D:465 / SQ (to ||):335 / DB Bench: 110s x 4 / TK:8

Your realize that whole grains, and most carbs besides fructose are converted to glucose, which is what is stored in your muscles for energy, and what is in your blood stream? So how is that a bad thing? Saying glucose is bad is like saying fat is bad. That just isn't correct.
    Nick V

Yes, I already know this but thanks anyway Unreal. What I don't know is why people drink coke all day, every day. The point I was making was not about the effects of and difference between sugars, but the positive effects we know that fruit juice can have on the body. Yes, eating fruit is good, every day in fact, but in certain circumstances, especially those of illness and healing requirements, the juice of the fruit is more effective, so let's not write it off as merely 'a fructose drink with vitamins'. I read this and I disagree. If you want to discuss sugars amongst yourselves that's fine but I'm standing up for JUICE as a good thing that should not be overlooked. Hence the thread that started you all on this 'lets tear this guy down' stuff:
    This so called 'fructose drink with vitamins' has IN FACT got medicinal qualities due to the sub-atomic nature of it's elements, depending on the source of ingredients. If you would rather not believe me, have coke instead. Or if you're waking up in the middle of the night try some Goji juice for example. See a naturopath for further advice on this topic that applies specifically to you, as every individual has a differing energetic balance within their body. I would not recommend citrus on a daily basis regardless.
    Goji helps you sleep, noni supresses the reproduction of cancer cells, kiwi fruit slows ageing signs etc... Understand what I'm on about now? Orange juice on the other hand, which is what got me reading this thread in the first place is not good to have too often because of it's highly acidic nature and dampening effect on the body. Save orange juice for the non-phlegm cough and cold. I was really tired last night, so my apologies for any misunderstanding. Oh by the way, I was asked if there is kangaroos in Melbourne and if we ride them!
    Last edited by Australian; 03-16-2007 at 10:24 AM.

Australian, you sound like a lovely person, but on this board, undocumented claims regarding curative powers or sub-atomic properties have no place.

I mean really. Sub-atomic properties. Like what - up, down, strange, charm, top, and bottom?

Yes, I couldn't have phrased it better myself. Impressive knowledge of quantum physics Built.
    Last edited by Australian; 03-16-2007 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Built View Post
    I mean really. Sub-atomic properties. Like what - up, down, strange, charm, top, and bottom?
    Oooh, Built, you know just what to say to get the physics geek in me all hot and bothered.
    25 years old, 5'10''

Back in the States to get hayooooge!

Health goals
    - Weigh a healthy and active 170-180, healthy mind and body
    - Dunk a basketball (hey a man can have big dreams huh)
    - Swim 2-3x/week and become a better swimmer

Cross trainer & DL addict mikesbytes's Avatar
    mmm to sum up there seem to be a number of arguments;
    - Is Orange Juice good for you
    - Orange Juice vs Soft Drink
    - Orange Juice vs Oranges

I'll go for the Orange, you get more stuff out of an Orange over just the juice itself.

I just don't think that something made out of tons of high fructose corn syrup and sugar is more helpful to you than freshly squeezed 100% NATURAL orange juice. I don't see anything NATURAL about Coke.

Does lots of water everyday help you have more energy for your workout?

Staying hydrated is very important, yes.

If you're looking for energy for your workout, try a shake with some dextrose half an hour before you lift.

And you should start drinking water before you feel thristy.

Water now? This thread has soo much goin down! Would it be an accurate assumption to say that on an average low or no cardio day in comfortable temperature and humidity levels someone should consume LBM/60=litres of water/day? (where LBM is in pounds)

Hey Aussie, good to have u on the site, your different perspectives make good reading.

"lbs divided by litres", mixing measurement systems ah! you crack me up mate. Personally I wouldn't put science to it, there are too many variables. Just drink a bit before you actually think you need it. There are various figures floating around that talk about something like a 10% drop off in performance if you are a little dehidrated.

Everyone can flame me now cos I ain't got a link to validate my statement. Marieanne flames in the nicest way, beneath that built exterior must be a heart of gold.
    Last edited by mikesbytes; 03-17-2007 at 02:42 AM. Reason: Ha Ha fixed the grammer error before sCaRz saw it

Quote Originally Posted by mikesbytes View Post
    Hey Aussie, good to have u on the site, your different perspectives make good reading.
    Thanks man. I was beginning to think I really wasn't valid!

"lbs divided by litres", mixing measurement systems ah! you crack me up mate.
    I've done all this reading on LBM in pounds, not kilos and I drink at least 3 litres/day. That's where this mix rationale comes from.
    Marieanne flames in the nicest way, beneath that built exterior must be a heart of gold.
    Well, flames are hot after all, aren't they.
    Last edited by Australian; 03-17-2007 at 04:27 AM.