Thread: What should I do at this point? (Continue bulk or cut)

Hybrid View

What should I do at this point? (Continue bulk or cut)

I'm about 5-9, 175 and anywhere from 20-24% bf. I started out a few months ago at a skinny fat 150 or so and very weak. I've been bulking on about 3500 cals up until this point. My main lifts are as follows...
    Bench: 145lb
    ATF: 180lbs
    Deadlift: 225lbs

I've been ok with my body fat for most of the bulk but lately it's been getting kind of embarrasing taking off my shirt because I'm starting to get some real love handles and man boobies. The only thing is though, I don't feel like I have significant muscle to cut, but maybe that's just the bigorexia in me. Sorry, I don't have pics right now but I'll try and get them.
    Anyways, what would you guys say? Any advice? And if I do cut, what would you say are the top 5 important things to remember on a cut? Oh am taking ETS so I may be able to atleast maintain strength on the cut. Those little pills are amazing.
    Height: 5-9
    Weight:~160 @ 13-15 bf%?....starting figure after nearly a year of battling CFS/mono...so not too bad imo.

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...Owner=ray34iyf
    Max Lifts:
    Don't know anymore..don't care atm.

I would suggest cleaning up the food you are eatting maybe cutting cals a little but not enough to be deficient
    im aprox the same weight you are eatting 2800-3300 clean cals a day (depending on planed exercise) and im not getting fat
    true everyone is different but instead of doing a cut maybe think about just cleaning up food intake or uping your exercise out put

Quote Originally Posted by ray34iyf View Post
    I'm about 5-9, 175 and anywhere from 20-24% bf. I started out a few months ago at a skinny fat 150 or so and very weak. I've been bulking on about 3500 cals up until this point. My main lifts are as follows...
    Bench: 145lb
    ATF: 180lbs
    Deadlift: 225lbs

I've been ok with my body fat for most of the bulk but lately it's been getting kind of embarrasing taking off my shirt because I'm starting to get some real love handles and man boobies. The only thing is though, I don't feel like I have significant muscle to cut, but maybe that's just the bigorexia in me. Sorry, I don't have pics right now but I'll try and get them.
    Anyways, what would you guys say? Any advice? And if I do cut, what would you say are the top 5 important things to remember on a cut? Oh am taking ETS so I may be able to atleast maintain strength on the cut. Those little pills are amazing.
    what is your diet like? I have to think you were heavy BEFORE you staarted this diet as 3500 is hardly enough to give you man boobs and love handles unless you arent training or eating pure junk,,,,,lets reevalutae your diet....I eat 4000 and am lighter than you.........no love handles...

Yeah, well I was for sure not thin before starting this. I had some fat to work with before this all started. You could probably say that I had a small gut and tits at 150. Pretty sad I know. This is my diet, which I think is actually pretty clean.

Breakfast--9:00am
    2% milk -240 cals
    1 cup special K -110 cals
    2 hardboiled eggs -150 cals
    1 banana -100 cals

Preworkout--12:00am
    1 cup oats -300 cals
    2% milk -240 cals

Workout--12:30 pm

Postworkout--1:30 pm
    1.5 cup oats -300 cals
    1.5 cups skim milk -135 cals
    1 scoop protein powder -120 cals
    1 banana -100 cals

Dinner--6:00 pm
    2% Milk container -240 cals
    chicken/rice or fish/rice/veggies -~700 cals

Bedtime--10:30pm
    1 cup peanute-680 cals
    .5 cup cottage cheese-100 cals

Totals
    Calories =3515 cals
    Protein =~200 g
    Weight:~160 @ 13-15 bf%?....starting figure after nearly a year of battling CFS/mono...so not too bad imo.

Max Lifts:

easiest way to clean this up ...im sad to say is take out the milk...I dont know whats so bad about milk but im starting a diet for a comp and im told no milk I was told this before by another coach as well

also maybe switch the bananas to a different friut(berries,apple) as bananas are higher in sugar

Learning as I progress
    Quote Originally Posted by stepto180 View Post
    easiest way to clean this up ...im sad to say is take out the milk...I dont know whats so bad about milk but im starting a diet for a comp and im told no milk I was told this before by another coach as well

also maybe switch the bananas to a different friut(berries,apple) as bananas are higher in sugar
    Even when there is research that points to the possibilty that diets higher in dairy leads to greater fat loss?
    Complication breeds desperation.

20+ bf is getting in that range of too high IMO. I would cut for a while and then do a 'clean' slow bulk.

IT Probably has a ton to do with the CUP OF PEANU BUTTER at 1030pm...lol...WTF! and special K cereal? Cmon bro......

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreyk View Post
    IT Probably has a ton to do with the CUP OF PEANU BUTTER at 1030pm...lol...WTF! and special K cereal? Cmon bro......
    care to elaborate as to why the cup of peanuts at 1030pm is the culprit?

cause it's like 25% of the days total caloric intake and 800 cals before bed......does that make sense to you? cmon.....

So is that really a problem then? all those cals before bed?

Max Lifts: