Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: What should I do at this point? (Continue bulk or cut)

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Back on track.. ray34iyf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UW-Madison, WI
    Posts
    580

    What should I do at this point? (Continue bulk or cut)

    I'm about 5-9, 175 and anywhere from 20-24% bf. I started out a few months ago at a skinny fat 150 or so and very weak. I've been bulking on about 3500 cals up until this point. My main lifts are as follows...
    Bench: 145lb
    ATF: 180lbs
    Deadlift: 225lbs

    I've been ok with my body fat for most of the bulk but lately it's been getting kind of embarrasing taking off my shirt because I'm starting to get some real love handles and man boobies. The only thing is though, I don't feel like I have significant muscle to cut, but maybe that's just the bigorexia in me. Sorry, I don't have pics right now but I'll try and get them.
    Anyways, what would you guys say? Any advice? And if I do cut, what would you say are the top 5 important things to remember on a cut? Oh am taking ETS so I may be able to atleast maintain strength on the cut. Those little pills are amazing.
    Age: 20
    Height: 5-9
    Weight:~160 @ 13-15 bf%?....starting figure after nearly a year of battling CFS/mono...so not too bad imo.

    http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...Owner=ray34iyf
    Max Lifts:
    Don't know anymore..don't care atm.

  2. #2
    Senior Member stepto180's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    557
    I would suggest cleaning up the food you are eatting maybe cutting cals a little but not enough to be deficient
    im aprox the same weight you are eatting 2800-3300 clean cals a day (depending on planed exercise) and im not getting fat
    true everyone is different but instead of doing a cut maybe think about just cleaning up food intake or uping your exercise out put

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ray34iyf View Post
    I'm about 5-9, 175 and anywhere from 20-24% bf. I started out a few months ago at a skinny fat 150 or so and very weak. I've been bulking on about 3500 cals up until this point. My main lifts are as follows...
    Bench: 145lb
    ATF: 180lbs
    Deadlift: 225lbs

    I've been ok with my body fat for most of the bulk but lately it's been getting kind of embarrasing taking off my shirt because I'm starting to get some real love handles and man boobies. The only thing is though, I don't feel like I have significant muscle to cut, but maybe that's just the bigorexia in me. Sorry, I don't have pics right now but I'll try and get them.
    Anyways, what would you guys say? Any advice? And if I do cut, what would you say are the top 5 important things to remember on a cut? Oh am taking ETS so I may be able to atleast maintain strength on the cut. Those little pills are amazing.
    what is your diet like? I have to think you were heavy BEFORE you staarted this diet as 3500 is hardly enough to give you man boobs and love handles unless you arent training or eating pure junk,,,,,lets reevalutae your diet....I eat 4000 and am lighter than you.........no love handles...

  4. #4
    Back on track.. ray34iyf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UW-Madison, WI
    Posts
    580
    Yeah, well I was for sure not thin before starting this. I had some fat to work with before this all started. You could probably say that I had a small gut and tits at 150. Pretty sad I know. This is my diet, which I think is actually pretty clean.


    Breakfast--9:00am
    2% milk -240 cals
    1 cup special K -110 cals
    2 hardboiled eggs -150 cals
    1 banana -100 cals

    Preworkout--12:00am
    1 cup oats -300 cals
    2% milk -240 cals

    Workout--12:30 pm

    Postworkout--1:30 pm
    1.5 cup oats -300 cals
    1.5 cups skim milk -135 cals
    1 scoop protein powder -120 cals
    1 banana -100 cals

    Dinner--6:00 pm
    2% Milk container -240 cals
    chicken/rice or fish/rice/veggies -~700 cals

    Bedtime--10:30pm
    1 cup peanute-680 cals
    .5 cup cottage cheese-100 cals

    Totals
    Calories =3515 cals
    Protein =~200 g
    Age: 20
    Height: 5-9
    Weight:~160 @ 13-15 bf%?....starting figure after nearly a year of battling CFS/mono...so not too bad imo.

    http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...Owner=ray34iyf
    Max Lifts:
    Don't know anymore..don't care atm.

  5. #5
    Senior Member stepto180's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    557
    easiest way to clean this up ...im sad to say is take out the milk...I dont know whats so bad about milk but im starting a diet for a comp and im told no milk I was told this before by another coach as well

    also maybe switch the bananas to a different friut(berries,apple) as bananas are higher in sugar

  6. #6
    Learning as I progress
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,669
    Quote Originally Posted by stepto180 View Post
    easiest way to clean this up ...im sad to say is take out the milk...I dont know whats so bad about milk but im starting a diet for a comp and im told no milk I was told this before by another coach as well

    also maybe switch the bananas to a different friut(berries,apple) as bananas are higher in sugar
    Even when there is research that points to the possibilty that diets higher in dairy leads to greater fat loss?
    Complication breeds desperation.

  7. #7
    cakin Cirino83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,239
    20+ bf is getting in that range of too high IMO. I would cut for a while and then do a 'clean' slow bulk.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    0
    IT Probably has a ton to do with the CUP OF PEANU BUTTER at 1030pm...lol...WTF! and special K cereal? Cmon bro......

  9. #9
    Senior Member Mr. D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    724
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreyk View Post
    IT Probably has a ton to do with the CUP OF PEANU BUTTER at 1030pm...lol...WTF! and special K cereal? Cmon bro......
    care to elaborate as to why the cup of peanuts at 1030pm is the culprit?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    0
    cause it's like 25% of the days total caloric intake and 800 cals before bed......does that make sense to you? cmon.....

  11. #11
    Back on track.. ray34iyf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UW-Madison, WI
    Posts
    580
    So is that really a problem then? all those cals before bed?
    Age: 20
    Height: 5-9
    Weight:~160 @ 13-15 bf%?....starting figure after nearly a year of battling CFS/mono...so not too bad imo.

    http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...Owner=ray34iyf
    Max Lifts:
    Don't know anymore..don't care atm.

Similar Threads

  1. Any point changing routines close to or on a cut?
    By adamnur in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-09-2007, 03:57 PM
  2. Should I cut or bulk?
    By diesel_dan in forum Members' Pics and Videos
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-06-2005, 01:58 AM
  3. How long do you cut or bulk? ... and other Qs
    By SoloScott in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-22-2005, 11:32 PM
  4. Bulk or cut? What ya'll reckon?
    By jinxx in forum Diet and Nutrition
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-25-2003, 01:28 PM
  5. Can you be to young to bulk and cut?
    By wooster82 in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-13-2001, 03:03 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •