Thread: (Please) Help for obese people

Wannabebig Member

(Please) Help for obese people

hey guys need your help and expertise on training to combat obesity.
    Im in my final year of Computer Science and for my dissertation I am going to produce an IT application using VB that helps obese people to become healthy and loose weight. My aim is to produce info on exercises, cardio and nutrition so obese people can learn and understand how to train. I am also going to implement some pics and videos of exercises being performed properly.

The help I need of you lot is regarding training schedules.

My hope is that i want the system to provide training schedules for obese kids, teenagers, adults and old age pensioners. I would like routines for the first week, fouth week, eight week etc.

If any of you lot know any training schedules or can produce some schedules for obese people I would really appreciate if if you could post some of your knowledge, or email me at agent2@hotmail.co.uk

I know many people using this site have so much knowledge and advice, i hope you can provide me with some. I hope that the information provided will really help people.

Thanks.
    Bench: 100 Kilo 1 rep
    Deadlift: 125 Kilo 1 reps
    Squat: 150 Kilo 1 rep ATF

Goal: Get more lean mass and get stronger!!

You've come to the right place, however, you ain't gonna get what you expected. You're going to get a lot more. Fat loss is mostly about diet, and you'll hear that from all of us, and believe me, we know our fat loss. I would recommend starting by reading:
    WBB1 routine http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=25
    and a little about losing fat
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...t=74607&page=4
    Also, one of the most useful piece of software for losing fat (counting calories) is available free, online a www.fitday.com
    Check it out.
    You'll be surprised to know (most people are anyway) that losing fat does not happen from cardiovascular exercise. That simply burns calories. Obese people probably need to address their diet more than lift weights, but I would also say a good walk or two everyday would be beneficial for any stagnation in the digestive system, which in Chinese medicine would lead to internal damp and weight gain. Most obese people have bad backs right? Gym is not a good place for sore backs. For the individual to lose fat, they need to focus on maintaining a caloric deficit in their daily diet. Our weight training is all about putting weight on! To have a successful program (and I wish you the best) you'll need to study all there is to know about counting calories, maintenance calories, and the effective caloric deficit bracket for the individual. Everything should be straight forward in a mathematical sense. The customer would need to enter their weight, %bf, everything they eat each day and that's about all that's necessary to cut the flab.
    Last edited by Australian; 03-15-2007 at 10:33 AM.

You may want to look into fitday.com as a model for your application.
    I went to Rhodestown and all I got was this high cholesterol

Wannabebig Member
    Cheers for the reply. I am concentrating mostly on diet about fat loss. I am also including alot of information on cardio aswell.
    It was a good idea about the body fat % so i am now going to include that aswell.

I just thought i include 'some' info on weights. Not for an obese person to gain weight but to tone muscles and improve body structure as they drop fat. Thats why i thought it might be good to have some routines for this situation.

Anymore replies would be very welcome. If there were any former obese members or people doing a heavy bulk, if you could post your routines i would appreciate it very much.

Thank You.
    Bench: 100 Kilo 1 rep
    Deadlift: 125 Kilo 1 reps
    Squat: 150 Kilo 1 rep ATF

Goal: Get more lean mass and get stronger!!