Thread: Chilli and Caffein for a cut??

Pete Le Meat

Chilli and Caffein for a cut??

As a fellow ectomorph im desperate to get all the help i can get with my cut. I am aware that both chilli and caffein are known for their metabolism boosting qualities. I was wondering if anyone else here has used them for a cut to great effect?

On average i do drink about 2 cans of sugar free redbull a day and i do have some spice added in my preprepared meals so i get a reasnoble amount of caffein and chilli in my diet.

Im starting to wonder if the speed up in metabolism justifies the calories consumed by these two metabolism booters?

If you guys know anything on the topic id like to hear from you.

As an ectomorph why are you worried about metabolic boosters?
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Pete Le Meat
    Sorry i was confusing my morphs. I meant to say endomorph.

Wannabebig Member
    chilies eh, never heard of that one, i take green tea extract/caffeine pills

The best way to lose weight is actual caloric deficit and exercise (eat a little less than you need and push heavy weights). I wouldn't worry so much about the minutiae. People tend to think throwing back tons of green tea will make them smaller all of a sudden, but it tends to not work out that way.
    25 years old, 5'10''

Back in the States to get hayooooge!

Health goals
    - Weigh a healthy and active 170-180, healthy mind and body
    - Dunk a basketball (hey a man can have big dreams huh)
    - Swim 2-3x/week and become a better swimmer

Pete Le Meat
    Yeah i agree with you McIrish but my diet is fairly decent. Im eating on average 1900-2100 cals a day for maintanenc and i am steadily shedding the pounds. I know cutting can be a pain staking long process, so if drinking an extra redbull a day and adding a bit of spice to my meals will help it along just a bit i will be a happy bunny; ha i definatly wont be wolfing down as much chilli as i could stomach

Just drop a few more cals if you are not losing fat. The amount of calories you might be able to burn from these little things you mention is very very insignificant. If you want a good thermo I suggest a classic EC stack. But make sure your diet is 100% in check before doing anything else.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!