Thread: Is there a BGB-type routine for shoulders....

Go Nets

Is there a BGB-type routine for shoulders....

That is to say a routine focused on a large amount of goal in shoulder growth near it's core thoughts. Yes I know they are a relatively smaller muscle group. But at least I'm not asking for a bicep routine

I have been doing BGB for a few months now and the results are great. The wings are growing, great! But for years, and even now I have delt (ha, get it) with the fact that I have a really thin frame and itty bitty girl shoulders. I want bigger shoulders and what once a week of direct work (5x5 press with 3x8-10 laterals) isn't cutting it. I want football pad type shoulders. I want people to say "wow, those shoulders are way too big for that guys arms". You get my point?

Surely someone must have been really unhappy with their progress and focused on shoulders at some point, and then made a routine. Should I hit them more? Hitting my back as much with BGB is the first time I have seen such an improvement. I want my body to quit wasting calories making my chest thicker and make my shoulders bigger!

Quote Originally Posted by phatmonky View Post
    That is to say a routine focused on a large amount of goal in shoulder growth near it's core thoughts. Yes I know they are a relatively smaller muscle group. But at least I'm not asking for a bicep routine

I have been doing BGB for a few months now and the results are great. The wings are growing, great! But for years, and even now I have delt (ha, get it) with the fact that I have a really thin frame and itty bitty girl shoulders. I want bigger shoulders and what once a week of direct work (5x5 press with 3x8-10 laterals) isn't cutting it. I want football pad type shoulders. I want people to say "wow, those shoulders are way too big for that guys arms". You get my point?

Surely someone must have been really unhappy with their progress and focused on shoulders at some point, and then made a routine. Should I hit them more? Hitting my back as much with BGB is the first time I have seen such an improvement. I want my body to quit wasting calories making my chest thicker and make my shoulders bigger!
    With BGB, you hit your shoulders very hard with the chest presses. Its hard to consider it indirect.

More work does not mean bigger muscles. Experiment.

Someones routine is not going to give you their results.

Maybe you have weak Deltoid genetics. Maybe they will take longer to bring up. Keep at it.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

Block specialization for a bit might do you good. Ideally an upper and a lower. Maybe quads and delts? I did a couple of block specializations in my journal - most recent one around Christmas - and I wrote it up in one of the Get Built's as well. (Issue 4)