Thread: A Diffrent Kind Of Sore?

Banned

A Diffrent Kind Of Sore?

I'm gonna put this the best way I know how for lack of better words lol.
    Okay, usually the day after I work out I have a very tender soreness to my muscles that were worked. It usually hurts to rotate my arms or press on my chest and hurts to move certain ways. I guess you could say it would feel like I've been jerked around a lot and am feeling the effects.

Yesterday was one of the best gym work-outs of my life.
    I went in there and was really focused and doing my sets with near perfect form
    and quality. Today it's a different kind of sore. My body without a doubt is still sore but it feels more like a "pumped" sore, instead of like someone just jerked me around. Also a lot of other sub muscles hurt. My for-arms hurt, a weird part of my triceps hurt and so on.. My question to all of you is why am I experiencing a different kind of sore, and why do I feel like I've hit muscles I didn't mean to nor I knew existed lol?? Oh also my new shake has a lot of creatine in it and other things thats supposedly suppose to enhance the efficiency of how the muscles get and react to the protein.. for maximum recovery time...According to the back of the 6LB tub. Didn't know if this had something to do with it.

Thanks guys

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by Auddasea View Post
    I went in there and was really focused and doing my sets with near perfect form
    and quality.

My question to all of you is why am I experiencing a different kind of sore, and why do I feel like I've hit muscles I didn't mean to nor I knew existed lol??

Your first sentence in this quote is the answer to your question.

When you train compound exercises in good form you will hit several muscle groups with that exercise. That's why you worked muscles that you "didn't mean to." And that's also why you are sore differently.

from what I understand about your post, the pumped sore is actual swelling from the trauma you caused your muscles. I bet if you look in the mirror you will see a little bit more "pumped" and "swollen" than normal. It will go down by the next day and so will the soreness. I always notice this after I have anoutstanding night at the gym.
    The difference between the freaks and the flock is the ****ing fork!
    You wanna gain weight? Then it's time to squat!

Banned
    Exactly king...I looked pumped as hell today...and Im not very sore anymore...like I usually would be...I was real sore for about 15 hours...Now I just looked pumped as hell...

Intresting how dramatically a good workout can effect you