Thread: Brand name advice - Need a new blender.

Brand name advice - Need a new blender.

Yep, I blew up my blender. What a waste of good shake it was when it happened! What a bad plastic burning smell too! So, the only difficulty I have now is deciding on a new one. If you want to help me find one that would be great, but please use www.google.com.au and look for the websites that finish with .com.au. Conversely, just throw a good brand name at me and I'll get one off ebay. Who here uses their blender a lot?

Reconstruction in Progress
    I use a KitchenAid ultrapower.
    I like it alot, and it's pretty quiet too.

I just got a black and decker one. Thing has about 475watts of power but it sounds like the end of the world when you fire it up! Blends like mad, but for what it sounds like I would expect bolts of lightening to be shooting out the sides with smoke billowing out the base! Pretty cheap...but stick with some higher quality if you want performance at less then 100dB!!!!
    Strong like bull, smart like tractor.

...quit reading and start eating!

i have a hamilton beach one i really like it I use it ALL the time
    Way down this road, in a gym far away, a young man was once heard to say, "I've repped high and I've repped low, No matter what I do my legs won't grow."

He tried leg extensions, leg curls, and leg presses, too. Trying to cheat these sissy workouts he'd do. From the corner of the gym where the big men train, Through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain.

Where the big iron rides high and threatens lives, Where the noise is made with big forty fives. A deep voice bellowed as he wrapped his knees, A very big man with legs like trees.

Laughing as he snatched another plate from the stack, Chalking his hands and monstrous back, Said "Boy stop lying and don't say you've forgotten, Trouble with you is you ain't been SQUATTIN"

Quote Originally Posted by FreeRider View Post
    I just got a black and decker one. Thing has about 475watts of power but it sounds like the end of the world when you fire it up! Blends like mad, but for what it sounds like I would expect bolts of lightening to be shooting out the sides with smoke billowing out the base! Pretty cheap...but stick with some higher quality if you want performance at less then 100dB!!!!
    Haha! That's exactly why I asked this question!

consumer reports rates the Braun PowerMax as the top blender. I've never used it tho.
    I went to Rhodestown and all I got was this high cholesterol

Ex-Twig. Future Freak. Rock Steady's Avatar
    The Hamilton Beach "Stay or Go" blender with the travel cup has saved me literally dozens of hours over the past year and it works well too. Instead of cleaning the blender and the cup you drink out of each time, you just drink out of the travel cup. Highly recommend it.
    My Journal & Before/After Bulk Pictures
    6'1, 217 lbs
    Lifts (lbs): D:465 / SQ (to ||):335 / DB Bench: 110s x 4 / TK:8

Quote Originally Posted by FreeRider View Post
    i have the same blender. i was laughing so hard because i was about to post something along the lines of this. you could serioulsy blend a tire iron, a brick, chuck norris, and a couple of scoops of protein in this no problem. but its louder than a harley.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

^^^LOL!

I have a Salton. It has a stainless steel base and a glass...umm, blender I guess is what you would call it. Cost about $40 U.S. and I've been grinding up two shakes a day (bananas, orange juice, yogurt, whey, and occasionally ice cubes) and it still works like new.

Banned
    Get a BlendTec. It devours everything. (check youtube if you don't know what I'm talking about).

Serious answer: I just got the magic bullet and it's really good! The blade attaches to the cup you drink from, so dump and drink. My only complaint would be that the cups aren't big enough for some of the shakes I like to make.